IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Parodious DA!

BeaIank

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

give me about an hour, where is ur score, did u update it?

I've not updated yet, I still think I can get higher. It's become apparent that I'm the only one actively going for score lol.

That said I do often end runs at the same point you guys have, if that makes you feel any better.

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, docile tapeworm said:

@Gloves I’m getting worse as far as progress. Lol. My scores are higher but I keep dying at different spots now.

not gonna lie, that was my luckiest run, sometimes I would just reset after reset after reset.  I spent damn near the entire week playing off and on though lol

• Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
Just now, docile tapeworm said:

Ya I’m a laser fan

sure, I just use the ripple to cover the most of the screen.  remember I'm a fresh fish when it comes to shmups unlike u 😉  the more coverage to help me avoid the better lol.  1 option basically covers almost half the screen in essence.  it helps immensely in my eyes.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

sure, I just use the ripple to cover the most of the screen.  remember I'm a fresh fish when it comes to shmups unlike u 😉  the more coverage to help me avoid the better lol.  1 option basically covers almost half the screen in essence.  it helps immensely in my eyes.

All the ships are totally valid options.

I'm live now in case anyone wants to watch. I tend to perform worse under the pressure of being live, but it's whatevs. 

Https://twitch.tv/glovesoffgames

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
On 3/27/2022 at 8:22 AM, Jeevan said:

Took me all week, but now I can appreciate a decent shmup!  I really wanna go back and beat the game now.........But it will rest for now.  This was definitely a stellar run for me though!  Glad i was able to make it here.  Don't know that i can on hard again, but maybe i will play it on normal, then try hard!

T28rsGo.jpg

@Gloves got this this morning!

Just wanna point out, MVP of the week for me. Getting this score on hard coming from not able to beat the first level at all is some serious dedication. Well played, @Jeevan! Seriously impressive!

If you wanna play some more shmimps just lemme know! 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
15 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

I hadn’t played this game before so I feel ok about how I did. I would have liked to run the whole game but I couldn’t get that done. Might have to pick up a famicom and grab some of the shooter titles.

good job man.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

good job man.  

You too.

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

another example why I shouldn't post till almost 11 @NESfiend!!!!

I was always gonna try until around 8 pm I was trying to clear it. Still there are only disadvantages to posting before 30 minutes left.

Edited by docile tapeworm
  • Thanks 1