IGNORED

2022 VGS NES Weekly Contest - Parodious DA!

BeaIank

45 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I think I've won 3 Kung Fu contests so I should probably practice since the rules are already out there.

Kung Fu might be a top 10 NES game for me since I started seriously playing for score. There's a lot more depth than it seems at first.

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

Ok, this game is officially on my never to play ever again list.  I have tried, i have the patterns down, i just can't get it......I gave it a fair shake, i suck at shmups, that is all 😆

I'd just toss this out there real quick - you're playing on HARD. The default difficulty is EASY. It's not a terrible game, you're not good at shmups and you're playing a difficult shmup on the hardest difficulty presumably without having touched the other modes.

Go play on Easy for an hour, then try Normal, THEN come back to Hard. At least give the actual game a fair shake. We're literally playing the game in the most broken way possible, limiting ourselves to one life etc.. It's not a bad game, you're jumping in as though you were a pro and getting mad when the game shows you what's what.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mbd39 said:

I wonder what the rules will be. Game A and unlimited loops is what I'm hoping for.

My money says you get the bigger more important half of that request. Seems like it was added to the schedule after you expressed a desire to play it with unlimited loops and I, and maybe others, agreed.

But @BeaIankusually wants most difficult setting, so I bet its game B. Back when I was trying to see how high I could get the score, I played both versions. B is a little tougher, but I didnt notice that much difference. You'll be fine to stomp the field without effort even if its game B. If you rolled it on game a, I bet you could do it on game B too

Edited by NESfiend

Events Helper · Posted
43 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'd just toss this out there real quick - you're playing on HARD. The default difficulty is EASY. It's not a terrible game, you're not good at shmups and you're playing a difficult shmup on the hardest difficulty presumably without having touched the other modes.

Go play on Easy for an hour, then try Normal, THEN come back to Hard. At least give the actual game a fair shake. We're literally playing the game in the most broken way possible, limiting ourselves to one life etc.. It's not a bad game, you're jumping in as though you were a pro and getting mad when the game shows you what's what.

I thought by being on this site that made me a pro......

Baby Reaction GIF

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

I thought by being on this site that made me a pro......

Contrary to what gloves said….if you can’t handle it on hard your not allowed to play with it when’s it’s soft.

Events Helper · Posted
27 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

Contrary to what gloves said….if you can’t handle it on hard your not allowed to play with it when’s it’s soft.

meh, it's definitely not the same because they don't shoot at u like they do on hard. lol

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

meh, it's definitely not the same because they don't shoot at u like they do on hard. lol

A big key here is that the enemy placement is the same on every difficulty. Get a groove down on easy and it transfers over quite well.

Events Helper · Posted
33 minutes ago, Gloves said:

A big key here is that the enemy placement is the same on every difficulty. Get a groove down on easy and it transfers over quite well.

honestly, it's the crazy bullets, and the fact that the first wave guys of 4, the floating heads or whatever, I shoot all of them and the bubbles they shoot out, but somehow a stray bullet gets through and kills me.....I think it's because of the lag.  it's not about placements, I got the waves down up until crab land, it's the fact that even after I kill the enemies, they somehow shot right as they die and kill me.

Administrator · Posted
9 minutes ago, Jeevan said:

honestly, it's the crazy bullets, and the fact that the first wave guys of 4, the floating heads or whatever, I shoot all of them and the bubbles they shoot out, but somehow a stray bullet gets through and kills me.....I think it's because of the lag.  it's not about placements, I got the waves down up until crab land, it's the fact that even after I kill the enemies, they somehow shot right as they die and kill me.

I can show off some ways to make the first level easier if you like. I owe you a twitch stream or ten heh. 

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
39 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I can show off some ways to make the first level easier if you like. I owe you a twitch stream or ten heh. 

it's not the ease if it, and there are let's plays lol.  I really just don't get mechanics of how I can sometimes destroy all the bubbles, but then one bubble gets passed my bullets even tho. the last one has died, or how I kill those syringe looking bad guys, but they still somehow shoot right as I kill him.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Jeevan said:

it's not the ease if it, and there are let's plays lol.  I really just don't get mechanics of how I can sometimes destroy all the bubbles, but then one bubble gets passed my bullets even tho. the last one has died, or how I kill those syringe looking bad guys, but they still somehow shoot right as I kill him.

The let's plays aren't necessarily focused on survival, nor repeatability, rather they are often a single ideal run. I can show you some more specific tips around what could become a viable playstyle for you specifically. 

If you're interested anyway. I like to analyze different ways to play. Me personally I go for score, I'd ignore that for showing you a viable method. 

Events Helper · Posted
11 hours ago, Gloves said:

The let's plays aren't necessarily focused on survival, nor repeatability, rather they are often a single ideal run. I can show you some more specific tips around what could become a viable playstyle for you specifically. 

If you're interested anyway. I like to analyze different ways to play. Me personally I go for score, I'd ignore that for showing you a viable method. 

I might record a run or 50 to show u what I do, but either way, I promised someone I would play goldeneye and rampage today 😆.  we shall see if I have time to embarrass myself.

Events Helper · Posted

@Gloves Im uploading a stream i did for parodius da!  I actually got my best score yet kuz i was playing for you ❤️😆

Ill share the video shortly and you can see how embarassing my skillz are.  Gonna wait for it to upload completely hopefully in HD, but not sure......right now it is processing sd.....hopefully it goes hd.

• Love 1

Administrator · Posted
1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

Also, proof this game cheats!!!!  The syringe looking ship came on the screen after coming on screen a second time already 😒  in case you didn't watch it!

I watched lol. In fact I found that particular spot especially funny. xD

• Angry 1