IGNORED

Secret Santa Reveal Thread!

Secret Santa

6 hours ago, drxandy said:

My Santa was @darkchylde28

spacer.png

Hmmm I wonder if @Rhapsody98had anything to do with this lovely paper 🙂

spacer.png

High speed pinball (by rare!!), Golgol 13, blades of steel (Canadian copy, heck ya) and this very interesting mafia not for individual sale (which is right up my alley, mm strange Xbox variants), some delicious moon pies (gonna compare versus Choco pie from fcgamer!!) In the little bag rhap sent Mandy some handmade soap and lip balm that she sells online and at the farmers market, super thoughtful!!!

Thank you guys so much!! I immediately cracked open some nes cart protectors and cleaned the pins buhuh we are just about to start playing some NES now. I have kinda been trying to snag up all the games that rare ltd has made, never played high speed pinball so that's going in first.

Merry Christmas / happy holidays everyone!!!

Edit: golgol 13 is frickin awesome!!

He found that paper while he was out, but I'm sure he wouldn't have bought it if he was married so someone *normal*.  LOL  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

@ScaryD THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I cannot believe it. These are wonderful gifts. I LOVE magic the gathering and Zelda and you got me two things that I still don’t have. Merry Christmas ☺️

CF9FE315-114F-494E-B772-5C1C2EF13C2C.jpeg

I was worried you might have the Game and Watch. Merry Christmas and I am glad you enjoyed them!

Edited by ScaryD

Administrator · Posted
48 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Thank you, @WalterWhiteJr.!  Got this kickass Air Fortresses CIB and a bunch of surprises.  Including a case of fuggin Dunkaroos!  What!  I didn't even know those were still a thing.  I'ma introduce the kids to those.  Merry Christmas! 

SEvyf9D.jpg

YUsYQxZ.jpg

Aw hell yeah Dunkaroos!

Events Team · Posted
10 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

Just opened my presents. Thank you too my yet unrevealed secret Santa (presumably one of the Colorado crew based off the shipping address). You really out did yourself.

Bingo!  You're welcome of course.  The Hylian runes tell a story if you translate them.  Unfortunately, I had a little trouble with the images transferring a little bit of it may have been lost but I think you could get most of it.

Here's a quick vid opening the box for anyone who's interested. 

Merry Christmas! 

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 3
  • Love 2

My secret Santa was the one and only Nostratankus, whose decorating skills were truly top notch!43F26159-1F29-41EF-B39C-80DD78D4D2C4.thumb.jpeg.35f2c4c79c67143debd26b7e8ea96a9d.jpeg

😊

D52E0DCF-D70C-45E3-BF0E-6DCE8190EC9C.jpeg.45f093bcf289baffacf93db23629c98c.jpeg

Have had my eye on Gold Guardian Gun Girl for quite a while but never pulled the trigger. Awesome man, thank you!20A45F41-CAE0-4869-83AF-3EE8C48823EE.jpeg.fb5a632cdcc7701e80f6e437251cc3ad.jpeg

Huge shout out to @Mega Tank for the awesome gifts while at the same time sticking it to the man! 
36B38E96-AFDB-45D8-AAB9-B9D288C3E2B8.jpeg.2dbab483047b2eefddd03c538482f513.jpeg

Now for the traditional airing of grievances… Gloves needs to get a fuggin ID!

Happy Festivus everyone!!

517ABE5C-C35D-483B-BA72-00F63BAD0230.jpeg.554f67315bdb2a21a8a9864ae4360394.jpeg

Edited by Murray
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Haha 3

My Secret Santa this year was @GameboyRicky.  I cheated a bit and guessed based on the return address on the box (as well as looking through visible locations of everybody in the signup thread), but I kept everything in the shipping box and untouched until this morning, like a good boy, lol!  He did a fantastic job, and really went above and beyond with the NFR carts!  Thank you Ricky!

spacer.png

spacer.png

Four more Famicom carts and I can (finally, lol) claim the imports charm!

• Like 7

12 hours ago, drxandy said:

Hmmm I wonder if @Rhapsody98had anything to do with this lovely paper 🙂

spacer.png

High speed pinball (by rare!!), Golgol 13, blades of steel (Canadian copy, heck ya) and this very interesting mafia not for individual sale (which is right up my alley, mm strange Xbox variants), some delicious moon pies (gonna compare versus Choco pie from fcgamer!!) In the little bag rhap sent Mandy some handmade soap and lip balm that she sells online and at the farmers market, super thoughtful!!!

Thank you guys so much!! I immediately cracked open some nes cart protectors and cleaned the pins buhuh we are just about to start playing some NES now. I have kinda been trying to snag up all the games that rare ltd has made, never played high speed pinball so that's going in first.

Merry Christmas / happy holidays everyone!!!

Edit: golgol 13 is frickin awesome!!

Only peripherally!  I found that paper while I was out a couple of years ago and picked it up, thinking of her.  I figured it would be good for a laugh when I was wrapping everything up.  She was totally responsible for the bag for Mandy, though!  Glad you guys liked everything!

Fun fact:  As far as I know, Golgo 13 is the only NES game with an overt "adult" scene/action out of everything that was officially released.  Have fun watching that one if you haven't gotten there already.  It was quite the eye opener for me playing it as a kid shortly after the local post-Christmas-sale I always snagged lesser loved titles in bulk at.

6 hours ago, Rhapsody98 said:

He found that paper while he was out, but I'm sure he wouldn't have bought it if he was married so someone *normal*.  LOL

Thank you for the confirmation.  I was thinking that was the case, but I also thought I could have spotted it and handed it to you while we were out shopping.  And I probably wouldn't be married if I'd been paired up against someone "normal."  😘

• Love 2

A big thanks to my Secret Santa, @the_wizard_666 for this awesome assortment of NES games!  I'm slowly building a modest set of my old favorites after (regrettably) selling them off a decade ago and these games get me closer to completing my list.  He also surprised me with this sweet homemade repro of one of my old arcade favorites, Yie Ar Kung-Fu!  I have never played the Famicom version, but I love the idea of having this for a home console.

Merry Christmas!

20211225_223649.jpg

• Like 7

Events Team · Posted
On 12/14/2021 at 11:06 AM, JVOSS said:

my "guess" is @JamesRobotit's like every time Santa dose an up date James is right there. now for Bender Santa that is @Murray!

13 hours ago, drxandy said:

Oh crap I don't want to edit the other one for my guess.

Santa: @JamesRobot

Bender: @FireHazard51

13 hours ago, SailorScoutMandy said:

I say

Bender: Murray

Santa: jamesrobot 

SOuYoha.gif

Edited by JamesRobot
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

Bingo!  You're welcome of course.  The Hylian runes tell a story if you translate them.  Unfortunately, I had a little trouble with the images transferring a little bit of it may have been lost but I think you could get most of it.

Here's a quick vid opening the box for anyone who's interested. 

Merry Christmas! 

Ooo cool! I have a 10 hour car ride ahead of me tomorrow, so I'll have plenty of time to kill to translate it when I'm not the one driving.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted

My S.S. wanted to be anonymous so I will not "dox" them or try to figure out who it was.  But it was some awesome gifts for sure!  Only thing I wish they did was NOT tell me to not open the box till Christmas as I thought the gifts weren't wrapped.  But they were, and so lovely too!  I wish I had them shown off the whole time as my tree has been so bare expect for the USPS box under it 😅

6aytpVU.jpg

n5pGKeT.jpg

Got some great PSVR games to get me to that full set and some taste treats.  The better half got a toll of the Reese's Cups since she helped me in wrapping the gifts for my S.S. recipient.  Oh, and they drew me a wonderful Christmas card which I will now use as my avatar during Christmas.

• Like 6
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, rdrunner said:

A big thanks to my Secret Santa, @the_wizard_666 for this awesome assortment of NES games!  I'm slowly building a modest set of my old favorites after (regrettably) selling them off a decade ago and these games get me closer to completing my list.  He also surprised me with this sweet homemade repro of one of my old arcade favorites, Yie Ar Kung-Fu!  I have never played the Famicom version, but I love the idea of having this for a home console.

Merry Christmas!

20211225_223649.jpg

That's freaking awesome! I LOVE Yie Ar Kung Fu, which some people in this thread can attest to 😏

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Merry Christmas!

I'll be honest, I took a huge gamble on the repro...I found that old blog that mentioned it being one of your favourite arcade games, but it was an ancient post, so I honestly wasn't sure if you already had a repro of it or not.  So glad I could help you rebuild your collection too!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

My S.S. wanted to be anonymous so I will not "dox" them or try to figure out who it was.  But it was some awesome gifts for sure!  Only thing I wish they did was NOT tell me to not open the box till Christmas as I thought the gifts weren't wrapped.  But they were, and so lovely too!  I wish I had them shown off the whole time as my tree has been so bare expect for the USPS box under it 😅

6aytpVU.jpg

n5pGKeT.jpg

Got some great PSVR games to get me to that full set and some taste treats.  The better half got a toll of the Reese's Cups since she helped me in wrapping the gifts for my S.S. recipient.  Oh, and they drew me a wonderful Christmas card which I will now use as my avatar during Christmas.

Hershey's is quite near where I grew up. I didn't personally play them in football, but I remember when my high school did, and I remember competing against those guys whilst running track.

We'd always enjoy driving through the town as a child, the chocolate scent was definitely in the air. And then there were the rumours about the secret tester rooms after the Hershey chocolate ride, apparently it was all actually true, we realized that later thanks to the internet.

No idea about Hershey's chocolate being organic though..

P.S. An English friend of mine (not @OptOut , thank the Lord) quite likes Hershey's chocolate, which is surprising as a lot of Europeans seem to hate it.

I opened up my Secret Santa gift on Christmas Eve, I was talking to my brother and he "watched". Saturday was Christmas and was also band practice, haha, and Sunday for Boxing Day I had lunch with an amazing friend ❤️  Overall, the past few months have been hectic yet at the same time, nothing short of amazing.

And my secret santa is amazing too, he didn't reveal himself to me on the handwritten card, but I know who he is, @Scrobins , love you bro, thanks so much for your generosity and thoughtfulness. 🙂

My VGS lists are insane, an eclectic mix of randomness, as @Scrobins and @FireHazard51 can attest. As I mainly collect imports (from an American standpoint), I always try to offer a wide variety of items, to make it easier for my SS. @Scrobins nailed it!

Starting off is a copy of Crusin USA on N64. This was the second N64 game that my brother and I got, back in the day. Any time we went on vacation, the hotels we'd stay in would usually have a Crusin USA arcade machine.

We rarely did arcades, growing up in the country, but on these occasions a few nights we'd get to have a few races, and our dad would even join in. He casually gamed and had some sort of Tank single game back in the Atari days, but it was very very very casual. 

Our Crusin USA is back home with my brother, so I'm excited to have a copy here in Taiwan to play. 🙂

I also received Marusa No Onna on the Famicom. I love the art work on this one, so simple yet so artsy. I'm gonna give it a go this week 🙂

The package wouldn't be complete without a few homebrew offerings, I mean this is @Scrobins the legendary man himself 🙂 There's a flash cart with a homebrew Famicom game, RC2 Rally built in, and there is also a 72 pin NES homebrew game, Alter Ego. I'm excited to try these both, bit at the same time, I'm scared, as now I *know* I'm going to jump down the rabbit hole of NES homebrews.*

Finally, the parcel was completed with some coffee from "Copper Cow Coffee" and some candy from Ritchie (Milky Mints).  I'm super stoked for both of these, and am gonna do some brief research before consuming, just so I know more about it.

My kids will be happy when Teacher Dave is drinking this coffee, I think, good coffee makes me giddy, and then my students are also super happy.

Thanks so much @Scrobins for everything. This is truly amazing, and I also really appreciate that you were willing to send abroad, as shipping from the States to anywhere abroad is extortion. 

Merry Christmas 🎄💖😘

Dave, aka that asshole fcgamer

edit: @Dr. Morbis Here's some more pictures of me you can save for your fcgamer shrine 😛

IMG20211226210739.jpg

IMG20211224225551.jpg

IMG_20211226_213230.jpg

IMG_20211226_213248.jpg

IMG_20211226_213304.jpg

IMG_20211226_213323.jpg

IMG_20211226_213405.jpg

IMG_20211226_213425.jpg

Edited by fcgamer
  • Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Also my guess for @Secret Santa are.....

@WhyNotZoidbergbecause we share the same birthday and......why not???

@Hammerfestus also born just a few days away from me so......hammer time???

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

I'm guessing @WhyNotZoidberg and @spacepup for Santa and Bender.  

I am afraid I did not take part in this Secret Santa, but thank you guys for thinking I’d be that person! There’s always next year.

• Like 2