IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

I just started Halo Infinite campaign and it is absolutely fantastic. It feels like classic Halo with more enjoyable movement and a bigger playground. Alternating the corridor crawls with the open world battles was genius and the grapple hook works better than I would have ever imagined. I love it. It might sneak in as GOTY although it has some serious competition with It Takes Two and Psychonauts 2.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 1:00 PM, Kguillemette said:

So far one dungeon with a good old fashion pull your hair out puzzle. Honestly, the main characters are absolutely terrible. They have made me want to quit several times. The reintroduction of characters from the first game feels so forced and just written poorly I'm only in it to figure out what happened to Lloyd at this point. A couple more good dungeons with good puzzles might make me change my mind though.

Let me assure you if you haven't gotten there yet, the explanation regarding Lloyd is of, um, similar quality to the rest of the game!

Playing some of my favorite games of the year right at the end. I beat Undertale twice (neutral/genocide) which is just a super original and enjoyable game. I get why Sans is such a meme now, what a great boss fight.

Picked up It Takes Two in the Steam sale too, which has been really fun. It doesn't linger on the same thing for more than 10 minutes, it has tons of variety and is still a pretty long game.

Just got done with the Halo Infinite campaign last night. Very good, standard halo campaign. I’m not so much about the story anymore as opposed to seeing how many grunts I can headshot in a row. I like the semi open world feel and capturing bases and VIP kills which is a nice distraction from the campaign missions that seemingly go on forever. Upgrading skills was kind of cool although I never used the drop shield or thrusters and there was only a few times the enemy tracking thing came in handy. Grapple hook is OP

edit: also it is free on game pass so f yeah

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

I've mostly been playing Halo Infinite, both campaign and multiplayer. The physics engine and open world combined with the new equipment and classic Halo gameplay make it an absolute blast. It's my favorite game since Reach and maybe the best in the whole series. Check out this completely improvised kill on one of the high value targets. I love the way you can just roll with the punches and accidentally do awesome stuff.

I also put in a little bit of time on a bunch of SMS games these past few weeks as I've been cleaning them up for storage. I have to say that I enjoy quite a bit of what the Master System has to offer. I'm most impressed by how well Sonic runs on an 8 bit system, albeit the slowdown is definitely a problem.

p5rd9RG.jpg

• Like 1

The SMS is an oddly somewhat ignored gem of a Sega system.  I do mentally combine it with the GameGear given the overlap of the titles, but if you take the non-regional locking the SMS has and look to the UK era and brazil(price largely sucks now) the variety is insane and quite good.  If I hadn't offloaded so much and wanted something, a SMS would top the list.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

Playing Uncharted 4: A Thiefs End on the PS5.

Uncharted is one of my favorite series from Playstation and latest one hasn't disappointed me so far.  Usually things get crazy at the end but I'm loving the story and game play so far.

Outside of a few complaints about the story essentially retconning Nathan's past, I thought it was a fantastic adventure. My favorite game in the series.

1 hour ago, Gloves said:

Starting up Ocarina of Time. Let's see if I can stick it out for once. I usually get bored around the adult Link forest temple. 

I was actually going to start on this on Saturday since I've been itching to play through it again for a while, but then I saw it listed in the reservation post in the N64 thread so I started on my Final Fantasy challenge instead.  But if you decide to bail at some point, let me know and I'll put it at the top of my queue...

Edited by Dr. Morbis
  • Like 1

On 1/4/2022 at 12:42 AM, Gloves said:

Starting up Ocarina of Time. Let's see if I can stick it out for once. I usually get bored around the adult Link forest temple. 

I didn't play OoT until it was re-released on that special disc for the Gamecube and I actually thought it held up pretty well. Things have a changed quite a bit since then, but I really enjoyed it.