IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Super Off-Road: The Baja for SNES - played through all race lengths on Beginner mode.

Tuff E Nuff for SNES - beat the game on Easy mode as Syoh.

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 for Playstation 2 - beat Dragon World mode twice this week and got the Breakthrough capsules for Gohan and Videl. I have 90% of all capsules in the game.

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 1

Crash Nitro Kart for GC.

It's a good old school kart racer, but it still looks like a PS1 game, meaning the hard polygons can make it difficult to read the track. I don't think I'm going to bother clearing the extras, like the gather crystal challenges, etc. I'm just going to run through the story mode and on to the next. I am definitely enjoying it so far though!

• Like 2

A ton of Halo: Infinite. I’m liking it a lot. It’s not (yet) as good as the golden days of Halo 3 multiplayer, but it’s filling a void that hasn’t been filled for me since those Halo 3 days.

In the meantime if I’m feeling extra nostalgic, the Master Chief Collection is also a fantastic package. Campaigns, standard multiplayer, forge modes, and all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Strange said:

A ton of Halo: Infinite. I’m liking it a lot. It’s not (yet) as good as the golden days of Halo 3 multiplayer, but it’s filling a void that hasn’t been filled for me since those Halo 3 days.

In the meantime if I’m feeling extra nostalgic, the Master Chief Collection is also a fantastic package. Campaigns, standard multiplayer, forge modes, and all.

Heck yeah. I loved the single player and am playing MP regularly. I have to peel myself away to make sure I play other games.

Final Fight for SNES - played thru the default mode with lots of save states

Sunset Riders for SNES - played through Easy mode as Steve with some save states

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for SNES - played through the game, but didn't go for 100% red coins/flowers/stars

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 - played through the game only once this week, getting Goten's Breakthrough capsule and 2 more new rare capsules on the map. It says I have 91%.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kguillemette said:

Took a day trip to Funspot. I took lots of pictures of the place for those who have never been. Right now, Bimmy Lee just got his ass kicked. Its what you get for playing with one hand to take pictures!20220125_133537.thumb.jpg.7de1dc9b78fce1f00360103237f2f05b.jpg16431359707626590637880332821951.thumb.jpg.a77cf43cbd3fcf32bbd3f774d13acb13.jpg

You were about 45 minutes from me! I need to go there again soon. It's been too long.

Beat Moss on OQ2 last week

Currently playing through Cloudpunk on Switch.  Even with the god-awful draw distance, framerate dips and a few random crashes, it's still pretty enjoyable. Some of my favorite dialogue and VO in some time. 

Also need to finish up Deathloop on PS5 and get back to Tormented Souls (which is a fantastic throwback to the survival horror golden era)

Editorials Team · Posted

I'm all over the place.

I'm now 70 hours into Xenoblade II with no end in sight.  Having a lot of fun.

I've been playing Trials Rising with my boys for a year now, and we still aren't done.

I started New Pokemon Snap with them as well.

Started Sniper Elite 3 the other night.  Very rough compared to 4, which was sublime.

Replaying through one of the remaining SNES games on my docket.

It's strange, I got new games yesterday, and instead for a few hours late afternoon/early evening what do I do?  I fired up a Famicom bootleg I brought back from the dead, Super Fighter III which is the best made SF2CE clone for NES(FC) and then jumped to another thought was busted multi(FC again) and poked a few rounds into arkanoid on there.

Then my eye caught the SD2SNES in the SuperNT and I put at least 2 hours on a few versions of Parodius of all things, and tapped a few minutes into a few Super Gameboy2 booted old 8bit gems.  I need to get my priorities straight, but as much as it is, I hadn't had fun like that for awhile and wish I knew what motivated it since motivation is what keeps me off things for weeks at a time or more anymore these days (which I don't like.)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NostalgicMachine said:

In that case, you're like 15-20 from me depending on where in Belmont you are! Did I accidentally already meet you from NintendoAge? Lol.

The chances are very high that we have crossed paths before! I joined NA in their final year before they were bought out. I'm very happy to have VGS now and find it an even better community than that was!

This week's summary:

With the PS4 controller via emulation (like most games I have been playing lately) I played:

Super Mario Land 2 for Game Boy - completed Easy mode with all 31 exits

Next I found a used PS5 controller for only $45 at the pawn shop and switched to it for my PC gaming and emulation setup. I find it more comfortable and feel like I am getting less input errors. It also seems to probably have a longer battery life. With this I played:

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for Game Boy - completed with all items and hearts

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 2 for PS2 - played through Dragon World once and got Nappa's Breakthrough capsule and two more rare support capsules. It still says I have 91%. Comparing to a capsule list on Gamefaqs, it looks like I am only missing 5 rare support capsules:

1/3 Senzu Bean
Senzu Bean
Gero's Energy R&D
Chi-chi's Wish
Loyalty to Frieza

and I need to play training mode which I haven't bothered with to get the capsules for those modes. After that it's just all the Breakthroughs and Fusions.

I think I just lost my Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver save file.

Was in the Lighthouse area, ran into some weird glitch where most of the graphical assets except the fog and Raziel disappeared and I couldn’t move properly. Menu still worked so I was like “whatever,” saved the game, and exited back to the main menu.

Aaaaaaand now that save glitches up right after the loading screen. Made a new save file to check and that one loads fine, switched from PSN version to PS1 disc and that one never even gets past the loading screen for the first save file but the new one works fine.

tony jay you saved raziel from the abyss but you’re going to let a silly glitch finish him? RIP Raziel I guess

I've backed myself into a corner of heaped up recently accumulated games, mountain worthy given the evercade multicarts, the gamecube finds, and what I'm using as the ultimate distraction at moment Pokemon Legends Arceus.  That really does make Pokemon kind of unique, but definitely fun again.

I got some drive time (well passenger) coming up this month, Switch I won't take on the road, but that evercade will.  That'll break things up, lots of discover and do there.