IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

14 hours ago, Estil said:

Shouldn't I do the first two on SNES first though?  As for cute chicks in BoF3, what's wrong with the princess one (Nina) and the professor one (Mono)? 😞 I think someone mentioned at the multi-disc PS1 games topic I made the two Suikoden games on PS1 and it does look pretty darn crisp graphics wise, I think it may be a bit too serious in tone for my tastes.  I'll probably give it a whirl at some point though.

Here's an unpopular opinion, the SNES entries in the BoF series are mid-tier at best in the SNES' JRPG list. I found these games way too slow for my taste. I could never spend more than 4-5 hours on either and believe me I tried.

BoF 3 is colorful and light-hearted for most of its running time so I'm curious to hear from you where you got the impression that it had too a serious tone for you.

Also: Xenogears. That one is an absolute must.

Ever since the Game Debate thread about Doom, I've been playing Doom Classic Complete on PS3.  I haven't played Doom in a long time, so some of these levels almost feel new to me.  And looking back at everything, I'm thinking that I actually never played some of the expansions for Doom or Doom II, so some of these levels are actually brand new to me.  I'm actually thinking about going for all of the trophies since the list is surprisingly short and attainable.  

57 minutes ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

Here's an unpopular opinion, the SNES entries in the BoF series are mid-tier at best in the SNES' JRPG list. I found these games way too slow for my taste. I could never spend more than 4-5 hours on either and believe me I tried.

BoF 3 is colorful and light-hearted for most of its running time so I'm curious to hear from you where you got the impression that it had too a serious tone for you.

I said the two Suikoden games on PS1 appear a bit too serious in tone compared to what I've been playing lately.  As a matter of fact regarding BoF3 I was questioning about what you said about "broaden your definition of 'cute chicks' for this one".  I mean, what's wrong with the princess one (Nina) and the professor one (Mono)? 😞 

43 minutes ago, Estil said:

I said the two Suikoden games on PS1 appear a bit too serious in tone compared to what I've been playing lately.  As a matter of fact regarding BoF3 I was questioning about what you said about "broaden your definition of 'cute chicks' for this one".  I mean, what's wrong with the princess one (Nina) and the professor one (Mono)? 😞 

Ah ok Suikoden. But you should still play those hell yeah.

Well, I guess I mean they aren't made out to be especially attractive.

8 minutes ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

You know there is actions/personality and such too.  As for the professor chick Mono you know smart chicks can be cute too...

3 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

This opinion will be quite popular with @Reed Rothchild. Unpopular with me though.

Edited by DoctorEncore

Moderator · Posted
4 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

That’s crazy talk, Breath of Fire 2 is awesome and you’re missing out if you don’t finish it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

Well these may give you an idea of what I personally mean by cute chicks 🙂

https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/8591-what-are-your-favoritecutest-victory-poses-in-jrpgs-you-know-what-the-characters-do-after-winning-a-battle/

https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/3375-in-questrpg-sorts-of-games-what-kind-of-girl-main-party-characters-do-you-like-best-cute-ones-disney-princess-ones-sexy-ones/

Edited by Estil

17 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Only another 50 hours to go!

Is that a joke from the game? I didn't get that far in 😉 

And I could barely play it for 4-5 hours before I lost total interest...is it really a 50hr game? jeez.

11 hours ago, Estil said:

Ah well yeah ok if Philia from Tales of Destiny counts, then Momo counts.

Edited by WhyNotZoidberg

1 hour ago, WhyNotZoidberg said:

Ah well yeah ok if Philia from Tales of Destiny counts, then Momo counts.

Well why wouldn't Philia from ToD count? 😞  I mean isn't that so cute how she takes off her glasses and winks at you and how super happy Rutee is?🥰

http://betweenlifeandgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/Tales_of_Destiny_Battle_Win.png

Though in actual anime form, Rutee is more like a bad ass/warrior chick like Paine from FF10-2.

Oh and Momo is a Rapunzel chick too!🥰

Edited by Estil

Events Helper · Posted

A link between worlds on my zelda 3dsxl

I love the game, I can't play too long in 3d mode because it hurts my eyes after awhile, but Love the game and the concept of the game.  Renting your equipment all up front is great, unless you die, but it's nice having it all from the get go......

• Like 1

Playing Project Warlock. This game had a little hype when it came out and it is crazy to see how cheap it sells for considering it was a low print release because this game is excellent. (I mean I haven't gotten that far), but so far it is very, very good. I mean between this and Ion Fury this is a real resurgence of the genre.

4 hours ago, Sumer said:

Still playing through Wolfenstein New World Order when I have the time.  But, I also started "Call Of The Sea" last night on my brand new Series S.  Pretty nice FPS adventure game, thus far.

Let us know how it is. I really enjoy adventure games (despite my rants) and I've been eyeing that one for a while.

4 hours ago, Sumer said:

Still playing through Wolfenstein New World Order when I have the time. 

I assume you mean The New Order.  How are you liking it?  I've played through, The New Order, The Old Blood and The New Colossus, but I haven't had a chance to play through Youngblood yet.  I've enjoyed them all so far. 

On 9/28/2021 at 5:25 AM, WhyNotZoidberg said:

And I picked up ActRaiser Renaissance, played for about 2 hours yesterday and yeah it's good I really like it. The only thing I found tedious was waiting for my SP to refill when I wanted to spam miracles, but that's about it.

The game is good enough on its own but I wonder how engaging it is to anyone who hasn't played the original.

Man, the nostalgia with this game was so powerful. The music all redone? I was instantly sold. I'm like you though, I have no idea how much of my love for this new game (and I do love this new game) comes from my fondness of the original. Like I'm not sure if someone trying this for the first time would think it's any good, but for fans of the original it's awesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I assume you mean The New Order.  How are you liking it?  I've played through, The New Order, The Old Blood and The New Colossus, but I haven't had a chance to play through Youngblood yet.  I've enjoyed them all so far. 

Yes, yes!  New Order!  That is it.  I am liking thus far.  I beat Old Blood a few weeks ago and started on New Order.  New Order is definitely an expanded version of Old Blood.  Old Blood seems more straight forward with less things to do, but that is sometimes an OK thing for me, as I have 4 kids and time for video games is fleeting.  New Order is taking a lot longer to get through given its double length of Old Blood.  But, I definitely like the Wolfenstein story and campaigns.

It is VERY nice that all of them are on Xbox Game Pass as well.  I don't have to buy them separately and I can just go straight into the next game.

28 minutes ago, Sumer said:

Yes, yes!  New Order!  That is it.  I am liking thus far.  I beat Old Blood a few weeks ago and started on New Order.  New Order is definitely an expanded version of Old Blood.  Old Blood seems more straight forward with less things to do, but that is sometimes an OK thing for me, as I have 4 kids and time for video games is fleeting.  New Order is taking a lot longer to get through given its double length of Old Blood.  But, I definitely like the Wolfenstein story and campaigns.

It is VERY nice that all of them are on Xbox Game Pass as well.  I don't have to buy them separately and I can just go straight into the next game.

The Old Blood is actually an expansion to The New Order and was released afterwards.  That's why it's shorter, and seems to have less to do.  It was released as an expansion in between The New Order and its proper sequel The New Colossus. 

With that said, the story of The Old Blood takes place before The New Order, so if you want to play chronologically, you are doing it in the correct order.   

The New Order was the first game in the current universe which was a soft reboot to all previous Wolfenstein games.  The naming convention is confusing to me, but the games are definitely worth playing. The current universe is:

• Wolfenstein: The New Order (soft reboot to the Wolfenstein series)
    • Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (expansion to The New Order, takes place before the events of The New Order)
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (sequel to The New Order)
    • Wolfenstein: Youngblood (expansion to The New Colossus, you play as BJ's twin daughters

• Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot (spin off game and uses VR)
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I beat Friday the 13th for the first time, a day late for VGS bingo. I'd always lose my best guy to the Day 3 punch out battles then be stuck with a bunch of useless dummies with rocks. Well I learned the secret, just let Jason murder the lake kids and you never even have to go inside a cabin on Day 3. So long as you preserve more than one cabin of lake kids for the last day, you'll just run into him on the path enough to button mash him to death before he gets to the lake twice.

Great concept with okay execution. Better dodge mechanics are really the only thing it badly needs (e.g. quick dodge like MTPO), maybe some more Jason attack patterns and less sluggish cabin movement.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm giving Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World a fair spin. I've always been reluctant to try it out, being a big fan of the original and highly satisfied with it's ending. I must admit I am intrigued with where the story is going. Lloyd Irving being reintroduced as a psychopathic megalomaniac in the opening sequence makes it feel like something is very wrong and I'm drawn to find out.