IGNORED

What are you currently playing?

Reed Rothchild

Pico Park. Fun $5 game, but I think you need to get a bunch of non-gamers together to get the most out of it. It's basically a very easy multiplayer puzzle platformer but requires a bunch of people to coordinate or lose, so for it to be funny you need the non-gamers to screw up a bunch 😆

There's also a multiplayer Tetris-like minigame which is super fun on its own. Maybe I need to look more into multiplayer puzzle games.

Edited by DefaultGen

That marquee is something else, hehe. I've never seen it before.

I got the original Donpachi on Saturn decades ago, but just couldn't click with it at the time. I guess it's considered that funny "transitional" game for Cave, but IMO it's Dodonpachi that really hits that halfway step between classic shooters and modern bullet hell perfectly for me. That game takes a few stages to gear up instead of trying to impress you with colorful orb puke from the get go.

But I guess DDP being a good game isn't much of a hot take, heh. I gotta go back and give DP another go.

Edited by Sumez
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 10:48 PM, Sumez said:

That marquee is something else, hehe. I've never seen it before.

I got the original Donpachi on Saturn decades ago, but just couldn't click with it at the time. I guess it's considered that funny "transitional" game for Cave, but IMO it's Dodonpachi that really hits that halfway step between classic shooters and modern bullet hell perfectly for me. That game takes a few stages to gear up instead of trying to impress you with colorful orb puke from the get go.

But I guess DDP being a good game isn't much of a hot take, heh. I gotta go back and give DP another go.

I believe that marquee only came with the US version, so I'm guessing that is what he i playing.

As far as DP is concerned, it really comes down to what you enjoy, as it definitely plays more like an oldschool shmup than the later games in the series.  Personally I find it to be nearly worse in every way compared to DoDonPachi but DDP is also one of the best games ever made, so even a worse version of it is still a very, very good game.

• Like 1

I made the mistake of starting Stardew Valley again.  Had probably 130 plus hours into it a few years back.  My kids deleted my farm and I wanted to try the content from the latest update, so here I am.  Probably 15 hours into this new farm.  I noticed I'm way the hell more efficient with everything the 2nd time around.  

• Like 1

Outrun 2SP for PS2.  Got it running off the HDD.  Fun game.  I actually downloaded the English patch for it and hoping to get it translated soon.  Very playable even without it (hey it is a driving game after all) but having it in English will be nice.

Edited by tbone3969

On 11/26/2021 at 4:57 PM, Kguillemette said:

I'm giving Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World a fair spin. I've always been reluctant to try it out, being a big fan of the original and highly satisfied with it's ending. I must admit I am intrigued with where the story is going. Lloyd Irving being reintroduced as a psychopathic megalomaniac in the opening sequence makes it feel like something is very wrong and I'm drawn to find out.

So far one dungeon with a good old fashion pull your hair out puzzle. Honestly, the main characters are absolutely terrible. They have made me want to quit several times. The reintroduction of characters from the first game feels so forced and just written poorly I'm only in it to figure out what happened to Lloyd at this point. A couple more good dungeons with good puzzles might make me change my mind though.

I've been playing Halo Infinite multiplayer which is a ton of fun and feels like a perfect blend of old and new. The only real criticism I have is for the atrocious free-to-play stuff and the painful progression system. They're already working on big changes there so hopefully it transforms into something more user friendly. I haven't started the campaign yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I also checked out that Matrix Awakens Unreal 5 demo. It's not world shattering, but it does make me excited for the arrival of true next-gen games. The city looks phenomenal and feels truly alive. Naughty Dog is going to produce some truly photorealistic environments with the power of these new consoles.

Graphics Team · Posted

I've been diving into some of the 2600 Activision library these past few weeks (namely Barnstorming, Dolphin, and Sky Jinks).

Activision never really captivated me (despite all the hype they get respective to the platform), but now I'm starting to come around.

If anyone else is on an Atari kick, come join in on the 2600 Leaderboard thread!

-CasualCart

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

I've been diving into some of the 2600 Activision library these past few weeks (namely Barnstorming, Dolphin, and Sky Jinks).

Activision never really captivated me (despite all the hype they get respective to the platform), but now I'm starting to come around.

If anyone else is on an Atari kick, come join in on the 2600 Leaderboard thread!

-CasualCart

I love Dolphin!

• Love 1

Anybody into super hard platformers needs to give Love 3 a try.  It's fun and constantly surprising you with new things.  The game is worth it for the music alone.  

edit: soundtrack is available on bandcamp

https://kusothegame.bandcamp.com/album/love-3-original-soundtrack

Edited by CMR
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 2:00 PM, Kguillemette said:

So far one dungeon with a good old fashion pull your hair out puzzle. Honestly, the main characters are absolutely terrible. They have made me want to quit several times. The reintroduction of characters from the first game feels so forced and just written poorly I'm only in it to figure out what happened to Lloyd at this point. A couple more good dungeons with good puzzles might make me change my mind though.

Ive passed the halfway point so far. I'm not highly unsatisfied, but overall this game has been quite a disappointment. Even good dungeons are so jam packed with monsters that respawn so rapidly, it has made the game such a slog. I want to just explore the dungeons and look for secrets, you know, regular jrpg stuff. But I can't click around for 15 seconds before that same pack of monsters I just killed is respawned. Tales games typically you just clear a room out and explore it to your heart's content. That's actually one of the selling points to why play a tales game.

All well. Might as well just wrap this up. It is as average as everyone has said it is. L