IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

6 minutes ago, OptOut said:

But it's also so crude in delivery, lacking in information and/or a persuasive argument. It basically characterises these people in EXACTLY the way we have been describing them here, as completely out of their depth in this hobby...

He's not necessarily arguing anything, he's simply saying that the points he's trying to make are being overlooked. And those points are very simple- people who are collectors value video games a little differently than die hard video game heads who've been around for centuries.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

He's not necessarily arguing anything, he's simply saying that the points he's trying to make are being overlooked. And those points are very simple- people who are collectors value video games a little differently than die hard video game heads who've been around for centuries.

So he made a video to argue... nothing, and then is just trying to make a point - that investors (not collectors, don't confuse it) value games different than collectors?

Wow, real hot take. Glad he made a video to make that point. The game collecting world was surely befuddled before that. 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

So he made a video to argue... nothing, and then is just trying to make a point - that investors (not collectors, don't confuse it) value games different than collectors?

Wow, real hot take. Glad he made a video to make that point. The game collecting world was surely befuddled before that. 

Sure, it wasn't the mArKeT pReDaToR aNtIfA cOnSpiRaCy that you're normally into. Some people don't want to accept the simple reasons for why things are the way they are. And he didn't make it to "argue", he's adding to the other videos that target people like you who choose to leave out the actual reality of what's happening.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gulag Joe said:

Sure, it wasn't the mArKeT pReDaToR aNtIfA cOnSpiRaCy that you're normally into. Some people don't want to accept the simple reasons for why things are the way they are. And he didn't make it to "argue", he's adding to the other videos that target people like you who choose to leave out the actual reality of what's happening.

Except if the point he is trying to make is as you described, which is that investors look at games differently than collectors, then, it's pointless, because no one is arguing otherwise. So either your summary was useless, or the video is. 

Or, ya know, both.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CodysGameRoom said:

also throwing "antifa" in there has me majorly LOLing. 

2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Don't make fun of his speech impediment. He's VERY self conscious. 😒

Its okay, if one day he plays his cards right and keeps that stiff upper lip, I might consider letting him dust my cart only game gear collection. 

But he has to rEaLLy  impress me first

• Haha 1

I dont have to quote or “@“ anyone, because you come when I snap my fingers. Which is exactly what I like in an apprentice! So great start to learning my correct way of video game collecting. We will get you on the level soon. Have those cart only pop reports on my desk by monday though, or you will get a demerit 😉

Just now, MrWunderful said:

I dont have to quote or “@“ anyone, because you come when I snap my fingers. Which is exactly what I like in an apprentice! So great start to learning my correct way of video game collecting. We will get you on the level soon. Have those cart only pop reports on my desk by monday though, or you will get a demerit 😉

200.gif.af6019919240282cb49e53d772b830a4.gif

Administrator · Posted

No but for real, let's try and get back on track please guys. This isn't the argument thread, it's the HA thread. I know the two SOUND similar if you say them out loud, but let's try our best to stick to discussion around the auctions and/or the site/company themselves.

Remember when NA was a bastion of information? Sometime PRIOR to it becoming perhaps a bit of an elitist haven of arguing and resentment?

Let's try not to repeat history, yeah? From here on let's stick to HA discussion on this thread, please and thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, Gloves said:

No but for real, let's try and get back on track please guys. This isn't the argument thread, it's the HA thread. I know the two SOUND similar if you say them out loud, but let's try our best to stick to discussion around the auctions and/or the site/company themselves.

Remember when NA was a bastion of information? Sometime PRIOR to it becoming perhaps a bit of an elitist haven of arguing and resentment?

Let's try not to repeat history, yeah? From here on let's stick to HA discussion on this thread, please and thank you.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, CIBWholesale said:

comments from users with 0 fb is like a sale from user with 0 fb

I had very little feedback until this week. You really want to put your experience and expertise against mine? Didn’t think so. 

In fact, Atwood has zero fb too. You want to put your collection against his? Bucky has 1…

I could go on and on but I think you get the point. Actually, the more I think about it the less I think you will get the point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Sorry Gloves I saw this after I posted. I apologize Annie, er Curtis, umm Donkeypunch, ladybugpug, er CIBWholesale, or insert whatever username you go by now. 

• Haha 1