IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

11 hours ago, arch_8ngel said:

We all know they were trying to lure in the Nolan's as early investors with their use of an exaggerated Boston accent.  Clearly they failed, so they pivoted to the Bruce Lee excuse as the next best thing.

All kidding aside, Deniz reached out to me and Matt December 4th 2017 to explore participating in WATA in various capacities.  We never got further than that initial conversation.

At the time, I really liked Deniz (I’m much more conflicted now as I truly see the company has being horribly unethical), and his pitch was solid.  We just had way too much going on at the time with real estate, teaching, raising families, and owning a boxing club.

Having seen where the company has gone and their methods to get there, I’m very happy with my decision to never participate in any capacity.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1

Administrator · Posted
8 hours ago, Gloves said:

Yeah it's a decent point. I could personally go anywhere. I build websites for a living. My wife's job however is indeed here in the city. 

Thing is, we both really like the city life. 

Honestly I don't actually even really need a house. Whole lotta space that'd be wasted on me. 

Owning a house is overrated anyway.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Context matters for some of that stuff too.   If it's a normal discussion we tried to leave it open and tell people to knock it off rather than lock a productive thread over a couple cementheads.

But if it was some dead horse getting beaten for the umpteenth time, yeah, less patience there.   And I'm not talking about asking a question that's been asked a few times, more like the "(insert whatever person/place/thing) sucks" repetitive threads with just ranting.

While true, the person I'm thinking of nearly always made a huge dramatic deal out of it instead of posting a last post of "Locking this" and just locking it up.  It was always equivalent to some level of tantrum my kids could be proud of having thrown, sometimes escalating, sometimes straight out of batshit crazy nowhere, but always straight to the point about banning people.  I mean, shit, if you're at that point with moderating, it's time to go on vacation or hang it up.

10 hours ago, Gloves said:

Time to LAWYER UP!

I seriously giggled as I heard that in my head in the Altered Beast "POWER...UP" voice, lol!

17 minutes ago, MrMark0673 said:

We just had way too much going on at the time with real estate, teaching, raising families, and owning a boxing club.

Hey!  Aren't rules 1 & 2 that you're not supposed to talk about it?  You lied to everybody!  😜

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

Owning a house is overrated anyway.

I sure feel this way. I have more stuff that breaks, more space to clean, and a big yard to take care of. I’d rather have invested the money, but it’s good to have all that with a group of kids running around.

4 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

I sure feel this way. I have more stuff that breaks, more space to clean, and a big yard to take care of. I’d rather have invested the money, but it’s good to have all that with a group of kids running around.

I'd love to have a house. Unless I get married, it's but a dream here, hahaha.

BTW, to back up a point I made about conflicts of interest not exactly being unusual or considered "out of line", here's an article from a very reputable Canadian newspaper:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/investment-ideas/article-canadian-bank-stock-etf-chops-fees-plus-national-banks-all-star/

In it, we hear from "Kevin Gopaul, president and chief commercial officer of BMO (Bank of Montreal) Exchange Traded Funds" an explanation as to why you should buy the BMO Equal Weight Banks Index ETF, a fund which invests in the top six Canadian banks. One of which is, uhhh...BMO. So that's a BMO employee telling you to buy a fund issued by BMO which invests in BMO.

This is entirely normal and draws no comment, or even explicit disclaimer of interests (presumably they're considered to be so obvious you should "just know"). The author puts no gloss on the advice, and seeks no contrasting view.

• Like 1

Holy cow, I take a day off and have nearly 30 pages to go through? This is looking more like a chatroom, lol.

8 hours ago, Vectrex28 said:

No, still waiting on my paycheck

It's in the mail, any day now...

2 hours ago, dra600n said:

Whaaaaaaaat?

Crazy seeing so many familiar faces, hope you're doing well, and I hope some of you guys stick around or pop back in once in a while 🙂 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

Lol oh hey look another 9.8 A++ Mario 64 coming up for auction. BuT tHeY aRe So RaRe!!!

what a joke. 

725499BD-EB08-4443-A84E-9CFCA2ECC9FA.jpeg

This would always be my fear with collectibles, you just never know who is going to come out of the woodworks and devalue shit you just spent $1.5 million on. Especially true with video games now since they are just beginning to catch fire

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

Lol oh hey look another 9.8 A++ Mario 64 coming up for auction. BuT tHeY aRe So RaRe!!!

what a joke. 

Oh BOY!!!

I cannot WAIT for this one!!!

Either it sells for 5 million and the bubble just gets even more horrendous, or it fails to break 1 million and the bubble bursts!

Either way, I can TASTE the LULZ as I live and breathe!!! 🤩😋

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Social Team · Posted
9 hours ago, Gloves said:

Yeah it's a decent point. I could personally go anywhere. I build websites for a living. My wife's job however is indeed here in the city. 

Thing is, we both really like the city life. 

Honestly I don't actually even really need a house. Whole lotta space that'd be wasted on me. 

I can 100% sympathize about wanting to live in a city even though it cost more to live there.

And yes a house would be wasted on you.  But your games need to space to run around and be happy.  As a responsible gamer you need properly house those games.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

what a joke. 

EB20AC95-B9D8-4DC6-8ACE-4CBEB6A25B6A.jpeg

well, I think we knew there were two, right? Not surprised the owner of the other one feels like cashing in after the first. I'd be surprised if it goes as high, though.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, AdamW said:

BTW, to back up a point I made about conflicts of interest not exactly being unusual or considered "out of line", here's an article from a very reputable Canadian newspaper:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/investing/investment-ideas/article-canadian-bank-stock-etf-chops-fees-plus-national-banks-all-star/

In it, we hear from "Kevin Gopaul, president and chief commercial officer of BMO (Bank of Montreal) Exchange Traded Funds" an explanation as to why you should buy the BMO Equal Weight Banks Index ETF, a fund which invests in the top six Canadian banks. One of which is, uhhh...BMO. So that's a BMO employee telling you to buy a fund issued by BMO which invests in BMO.

This is entirely normal and draws no comment, or even explicit disclaimer of interests (presumably they're considered to be so obvious you should "just know"). The author puts no gloss on the advice, and seeks no contrasting view.

This is completely different. WATA would be more comparable to Moody’s telling people that the bond market is undervalued and people should move their money from stocks to bonds.

2 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

This is completely different. WATA would be more comparable to Moody’s telling people that the bond market is undervalued and people should move their money from stocks to bonds.

well, that sort of thing happens all the time too. And all the banks' analyst divisions rate the stocks of their competitors. It's difficult to just pick one example 😛