IGNORED

Heritage Auctions Thread

On 8/27/2021 at 2:06 PM, the_wizard_666 said:

Well, I don't blame him for doing that...I mean, who wants a label free cart on the shelf...aside from @Paul of course 😛

Maybe when/if I message him I'll ask if he's still got it.  I'd imagine if it went into circulation it'd be an obvious thing...high quality labels weren't exactly common back then.  I have no interest in the cart mind you, so it may have just slipped under my radar 😛

Edited by WalterWhiteJr.

1 minute ago, B.A. said:

Because you would show up once a year or so knowing nothing of the work we had done, the conversations we had, and throw your weight around completely undermining us. If you bothered to talk to us and learn the entire situation it wouldn't be an issue. That's why everyone would threaten to quit.

Good to know I was only on my site 13 times! I entrusted the running of things to you and the other mods because, by this point in the NA timeline, I was trying to keep the site up and running and was constantly bombarded with PMs, emails, etc. The whole point of having a good moderator team is so that I *don't* have to hold your hand, which I didn't. So from your perspective, I "never showed up"; from mine, "I showed up when it was necessary to", and unfortunately, we're miles apart on why I had to show up when I did, which from my perspective, was due to that team being overzealous in the ban department.

Agree to disagree on my communication skills with the mods, but don't insult me by insinuating I was never on the site. I was working on the site 24/7 for over a decade of my life.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Sad 3
  • Agree 1

Not all of the staff caried over, but all of the staff here at VGS now were staff at the end of NA. Which makes more sense, everyone changed their personality with a new site? Or we weren't the ban happy censoring monsters some like to make us out to be? 

I'm not saying things were perfect, but we did our best with zero support from the site owner.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Dain said:

Good to know I was only on my site 13 times! I entrusted the running of things to you and the other mods because, by this point in the NA timeline, I was trying to keep the site up and running and was constantly bombarded with PMs, emails, etc. The whole point of having a good moderator team is so that I *don't* have to hold your hand, which I didn't. So from your perspective, I "never showed up"; from mine, "I showed up when it was necessary to", and unfortunately, we're miles apart on why I had to show up when I did, which from my perspective, was due to that team being overzealous in the ban department.

Agree to disagree on my communication skills with the mods, but don't insult me by insinuating I was never on the site. I was working on the site 24/7 for over a decade of my life.

That's what I specifically meant when I said on the forum. I never questioned your presence keeping the forum software running. I will absolutely give credit where credit is due for that aspect.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Trade-N-Games said:

Hi Dain, Big Hugs! This internet is a wild place. 

You probably don’t remember me, but I still really enjoy that WON sign you sold me a few years back. Thank you! You were a great dude. I enjoyed taking the drive from Chicago to St. Louis to meet you.

2 minutes ago, B.A. said:

Not all of the staff caried over, but all of the staff here at VGS now were staff at the end of NA. Which makes more sense, everyone changed their personality with a new site? Or we weren't the ban happy censoring monsters some like to make us out to be? 

I'm not saying things were perfect, but we did our best with zero support from the site owner.

NintendoAge has always had a bad reputation for being overzealous in the ban department. Just ask Pat! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

I dont think you have so far, but maybe its time to make a post and go thru everything that happened.  Could make things easier to understand for the people that were hurt by how things went down.

Edit: deleted my original comment because it was too late and out of place with where the discussion was going 

Edited by phart010

Administrator · Posted

I can't speak to the years before me, but I feel that during my tenure at least, for the later years of NA, that the portrayal of the staff being overzealous and ban-happy is quite unfair if I'm being honest.  The staff that was in place that I remember, tried very hard to keep things going well, balancing out freedom with preventing toxicity.  And it is largely due to a lot of said time and effort, that forum communities are kept from becoming toxic and overly negative.  Nobody wants to ban people or over-moderate.  I NEVER got that impression / vibe / understanding from the culture over at NA, including BA and everyone else on staff.  I also don't recall butting heads with Dain or seeing arguments with Dain on the issue.

I didn't even want to drag myself into any drama in this thread, but I feel I have to support Brian at least somewhat in this regard.  Again - I can't speak to all of NA's existence, but at least for the last several years, I don't feel Dain's description was really accurate, and I always felt very supported by Brian and the rest of the team.

I hope this will be just a brief distraction.  Everyone at VGS has worked VERY hard to try to start fresh, and look forward and not backward.  So I really hope to not see this recent chain of discussion devolve into complaints or issues regarding NA.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Trade-N-Games said:

Hi Dain, Big Hugs! This internet is a wild place. 

5 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

You probably don’t remember me, but I still really enjoy that WON sign you sold me a few years back. Thank you! You were a great dude. I enjoyed taking the drive from Chicago to St. Louis to meet you.

is this the same "trade n games" that have the youtube vidoes on how to send in sealed games to wata?

8 minutes ago, WalterWhiteJr. said:

Isn't Nick Morgan the "VGDB" on instagram and FB?

I have no clue.  Our last interaction was him messaging me about a Reddit thread about the NES Contents List.  Only reason I have a Reddit account 😛

6 minutes ago, Dain said:

NintendoAge has always had a bad reputation for being overzealous in the ban department. Just ask Pat! 🙂

I'd rather not...then I'd have to talk to him 😛

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spacepup said:

I can't speak to the years before me, but I feel that during my tenure at least, for the later years of NA, that the portrayal of the staff being overzealous and ban-happy is quite unfair if I'm being honest.  The staff that was in place that I remember, tried very hard to keep things going well, balancing out freedom with preventing toxicity.  And it is largely due to a lot of said time and effort, that forum communities are kept from becoming toxic and overly negative.  Nobody wants to ban people or over-moderate.  I NEVER got that impression / vibe / understanding from the culture over at NA, including BA and everyone else on staff.  I also don't recall butting heads with Dain or seeing arguments with Dain on the issue.

I didn't even want to drag myself into any drama in this thread, but I feel I have to support Brian at least somewhat in this regard.  Again - I can't speak to all of NA's existence, but at least for the last several years, I don't feel Dain's description was really accurate, and I always felt very supported by Brian and the rest of the team.

I hope this will be just a brief distraction.  Everyone at VGS has worked VERY hard to try to start fresh, and look forward and not backward.  So I really hope to not see this recent chain of discussion devolve into complaints or issues regarding NA.  

Well said. All water under the bridge at this point. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, spacepup said:

Fair enough. We all have our own perceptions and experiences with these things.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1