Hey, OptOut! You're an idiot! ×
IGNORED

Million Dollar Mario...1.56M...What the..?

On 7/27/2021 at 4:34 PM, ExplodedHamster said:

PAID 🙂

Congratulations.  What an amazing story/sale.  I can't believe the amount of life changing auctions happening on Heritage these days.  Makes me wish I got into sealed collecting long ago.  I was one of those collectors in the camp of "games are meant to be opened and played, not to stay sealed".  Boy am I kicking myself now.  If you don't mind me asking, and I totally understand if you do mind and don't want to answer, how much do you clear on a transaction like this?  I figure after grading costs, Heritage fees, and taxes you net around a million?  I can only day dream of what it would be like to open my checking account and see a seven figure deposit.  From the sale of a video game no less.  God bless.

Edited by tbone3969
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Administrator · Posted

This is especially cool since all users agree to the fine print when joining VGS that all sales discussed here over $10,000 item - if a member sells something, they agree to donate a very measly 1% to VGS.  Thanks ExplodedHamster! 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, spacepup said:

This is especially cool since all users agree to the fine print when joining VGS that all sales discussed here over $10,000 item - if a member sells something, they agree to donate a very measly 1% to VGS.  Thanks ExplodedHamster! 🙂 

You know the Sage will just buy more booze with it. 

Get a job you bum!

6 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Hype = money

Mario 64 was an OK game that was groundbreaking for the time but did not age well, and as soon as a copy sells for a trillion dollars people be out here talking about how it might be the best game of all time 🤣🤣🤣🤣

With all due respect, if we’re talking a trillion dollars, it would be laughable no matter which title you equate it to. 🤪

11 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Hype = money

Mario 64 was an OK game that was groundbreaking for the time but did not age well, and as soon as a copy sells for a trillion dollars people be out here talking about how it might be the best game of all time 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ftr, it’s been my favorite game ever for a long time. I think it’s an incredible game and always have. 

On 8/2/2021 at 10:50 AM, tbone3969 said:

Congratulations.  What an amazing story/sale.  I can't believe the amount of life changing auctions happening on Heritage these days.  Makes me wish I got into sealed collecting long ago.  I was one of those collectors in the camp of "games are meant to be opened and played, not to stay sealed".  Boy am I kicking myself now.  If you don't mind me asking, and I totally understand if you do mind and don't want to answer, how much do you clear on a transaction like this?  I figure after grading costs, Heritage fees, and taxes you net around a million?  I can only day dream of what it would be like to open my checking account and see a seven figure deposit.  From the sale of a video game no less.  God bless.

It’ll be less than a million, for sure. I am a video game dealer, technically, so this counts as income not 28% capital gains. It’ll end up somewhere in the 750k range or so, I believe (keep in mind the hammer was 1.3). 

Edited by ExplodedHamster

On 8/3/2021 at 8:55 AM, spacepup said:

Haha, I definitely will be chipping something in soon. I have so much to do, I moved last week so shit be crazy at all times and I need to sit down at some point and hammer some stuff out. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1