IGNORED

Million Dollar Mario...1.56M...What the..?

8 hours ago, OptOut said:

Hmmm... I wonder whether the Mario purchase has gone through yet, money in the bank...

Let me check the thread here to see if there have been any updates???

Dead Silence GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Anyone starting to wonder if the sale fell through? 🤔

Dude might have to sell some BTC to pay for it, but the value has unfortunately crashed.

3 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

Dude might have to sell some BTC to pay for it, but the value has unfortunately crashed.

no way of knowing until another one goes up on heritage during a signature auction. but i think 99.99% chance it crashes.

Edited by inasuma

14 minutes ago, SealedWholesale said:

why?

They cut all the checks at the same time and send them out, so I imagine the delay is because of securing payment from all buyers, prepping and shipping items, and then processing internally from their end. One of my games was in the April 2-4 auction and I didn't get a check until the last week of May. However, I knew that prior to consigning because they provide a timeline for the entire process.

I wonder if people will realize that anything under a 9.5 probably wont scale unless is the game is legit rare. Mario 64 probably sold more than any other game on N64

I wonder if a 9.5 A++ Stadium events would go for more? I mean its not “Mario”, so investor Bros might not be interested

Edited by MrWunderful

2 hours ago, tidaldreams said:

Who still uses a reserve on an auction? Can't believe they still haven't gotten rid of that archaic nonsense. It might have ended so low because no one bids on those type of auctions.

Or maybe it ended so low because all these values are entirely irrational and there is no established market value for any of these sealed games?

🤔

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, thrashncrash said:

Here I thought the OP was talking about the WATA 9.8 A+ sealed NES Super Mario Bros. on Ebay currently. The seller has a buy it now of $1,500,000 or best offer. 

Sounds like a steal compared to the Mario 64.

Oh wait nvm it has an oval seal, get that garbage outta here.

• Like 1

I just realized that the actual auction price was 1.3 Million. Buyer then has to pay 20% buyer fees ($260,000K), which totals 1.56M. 

Yet, all the publicity is about “Mario 64 being worth 1.56M”, and most people discussing it post-sale assumes that value. Obviously, the question everyone is eager to know is whether payment has been or will be made. For now, just thought I’d point out the actual sale value for those unaware (such as myself until recently).