IGNORED

Million Dollar Mario...1.56M...What the..?

20 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

SMB64Million.gif.f865abdfc0a46ab8883c03a1147d6a10.gif

Imagine the sale was legit and was paid for. Then the buyer actually did a YouTube video doing exactly that - breaking the case open, tearing the seal, then playing it! Haha

It would be an instant viral video!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, inasuma said:

auctioneer said there were 2 known copies at this grade. 🤷‍♀️

You gotta be careful with half-truths in marketing. 2 known copies in this WATA grade (currently). That doesn’t mean 100 others don’t exist in that same grade. There would likely be a fair few from VGA that could later be converted. Then there are others perhaps still in container boxes and isolated ones well kept in dark storage etc.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, GPX said:

You gotta be careful with half-truths in marketing. 2 known copies in this WATA grade (currently). That doesn’t mean 100 others don’t exist in that same grade. There would likely be a fair few from VGA that could later be converted. Then there are others perhaps still in container boxes and isolated ones well kept in dark storage etc.

I don't know where you got the impression I wasn't aware of the possibilities, but I am indeed aware of the possibilities. 🙂

Mainly just trying to explain why the price is so high. Even if it's a bad explanation. 

Edited by inasuma

21 hours ago, RH said:

Well, they've only graded 69 seals on this game so I guess there aren't THAT many graded SM64s, especially at that level, but 1.4m is crazy.

Makes you wonder where the first run, sealed SMB would end up if it was offer up today.

I'm new here - cool board. Just graded a super smash brothers melee game, first time grading. 

Question - where do you see 69 graded? I thought WATA didn't have a pop report? If it does, where do I find it?

• Wow! 1

5 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Not necessarily unexpected, but still nearly unbelievable. As much as I love video games this is still ludicrous. At some point just get a nice quality print of the box art or something if that's what you really want. It's really strikes me as just wasteful

Waste and wealth seem to go hand in hand. With money, time, boredom, and market instability, anyone will buy anything.

• Like 1

The pandemic has officially spread to Ebay. The "Mario 64 sealed" pandemic, that is.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224532286001?hash=item34472aca31:g:lhYAAOSwv-5g7Lol

Currently the one above is going at $35,000 USD with over 4 days to go. Interesting to note, within 10 minutes of the listing, there was 3 initial bids which jumped up to $10,000! Does the buyer not understand that you can bid in hundreds and not have to bid in thousands? And what's the hurry to bid up anyway?

By the way, a 9.0 A+ is probably common as muck as you can get for a sealed N64 game. This grade is definitely not rare at all, with or without a population report. I have no idea what to expect next for the rest of this year. Does anyone other than those planning to bid 7 digits on HA?

4 minutes ago, GPX said:

By the way, a 9.0 A+ is probably common as muck as you can get for a sealed N64 game. This grade is definitely not rare at all, with or without a population report. I have no idea what to expect next for the rest of this year. Does anyone other than those planning to bid 7 digits on HA?

Nope. I predicted everything under top tier stuff would kinda tank at the HA signature, so shows what I know. From now on I'm just gonna stick my underpants on my head, go LALALALALALA and enjoy the craziness.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, GPX said:

The pandemic has officially spread to Ebay. The "Mario 64 sealed" pandemic, that is.

Currently the one above is going at $35,000 USD with over 4 days to go. Interesting to note, within 10 minutes of the listing, there was 3 initial bids which jumped up to $10,000! Does the buyer not understand that you can bid in hundreds and not have to bid in thousands? And what's the hurry to bid up anyway?

People be bidding on this like:

lemmings GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GPX said:

Can already see that the 2***5 bidder has added new maximum bid twice while being top bidder, this is usually being overexcited / trying to assert dominance / lacking patience / second guessing your maximums - they're already going in with big maximums and second guessing their maximums even while in lead, and they have constantly challenged ex-leaders, if they get beaten they'll probably raise it again due to FOMO and more money than sense. Usually smart bidders know about "fair price" or have sensible maximums and snipe in the end only (or add an early bid to make it less likely a seller will accept backdooring) but they will usually bail if an auction gets too high in bids too early. Anyway 2***5 seems like they can be taken to town by someone not intending to pay - imagine a shill fighting hard against them and even winning the auction and then they get a second chance offer in the end and accept it without a clue but being happy regardless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, AdamW said:

Nope. I predicted everything under top tier stuff would kinda tank at the HA signature, so shows what I know. From now on I'm just gonna stick my underpants on my head, go LALALALALALA and enjoy the craziness.

I'm glad you've finally conceded that no amount of "first-print/rare variant" logic can equate to the craziness that is currently at hand. Congrats for finally seeing the light! haha

Edited by GPX

30 minutes ago, SealedWholesale said:

who is the 2nd bidder? I have a mario 64 available for them DM me

Why don't you try listing it on Ebay for a BIN price with best offer? Would be interesting to know what kind of actual offers are then given.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GPX said:

Why don't you try listing it on Ebay for a BIN price with best offer? Would be interesting to know what kind of actual offers are then given.

9 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Yeah this!

1 million dollar by it now!

Do it!

🤩

the market only has eyes for certain plastic and certain marketing. If I could price match from a forum (VGS) using a inferior plastic that would be a great video game for me and would show demand in the real product

13 minutes ago, SealedWholesale said:

the market only has eyes for certain plastic and certain marketing. If I could price match from a forum (VGS) using a inferior plastic that would be a great video game for me and would show demand in the real product

Well put it up for TWO MILLION then! Go big or go home dude!

And tell us what offers you get, it'll be fascinating to know what people are willing to pay! 😉

3 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Not sure if serious 🤔 

Also I‘m assuming that means you’re sitting on way cooler stuff.

you can pricematch sites using forums and social media and having friends and stuff

so we could never be able to price match the headlines i promise u

yes very serious. let vgs get rich and see if they spend it on features or video game collections

Edited by SealedWholesale