IGNORED

VGS Secret Santa Reveal 2020!!!

Secret Santa

The post-person stopped by early this morning and guess what they brought:

IMG_0012.JPG.7017e0fdb81838c8ca32de31753d37d9.JPG

(If you were guessing a good camera... you were wrong)

Thank you very much to whoever was my Secret Santa! I saw Little Medusa a few years back and I've always been curious about it. 

Also, thanks to @SNESNESCUBE64 for running this years Secret Santa.

And to the person I was Secret Santa to: I'm glad you liked/loved your gifts.

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

4 hours ago, RH said:

Sorry to my Secret Santa for taking so long to post thanks and a reveal! It's been a busy holiday week and weekend, and I was just now able to open my gift and take pictures!

I managed to get a few excellent items from my want list! Game Gear is high on my set list, so that's perfect and since I also hope to one day have a copy of each physical edition of Myst, that was an excellent inclusion too!

Thanks, Santa for the wonderful gift and have a Happy New Year!

PXL_20201228_132051547~2.jpg

PXL_20201228_132135652~2.jpg

I was your SS. Glad you liked it all. Funny thing, I found another CIB copy of Myst on DS like RIGHT after I sent your package...I guess the fates want me to own that game.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 8:40 PM, rdrunner said:

Little late to the party, but wanted to thank @Megamanfan for this awesome set of NES games!  I've barely played any of these before and can't wait to try them.  They will provide some nice breaks during the busy holidays.

Merry Christmas!!!

20201226_203206.jpg

So glad you liked them.  But you didnt mention the awesome card🙂🙂

Moderator · Posted

I just got back from visiting my parents for the holidays, and without oversharing, it was a really stressful Christmas. And today itself was one of my busiest workdays that I had to push through while half of the day was spent on the train.

But now that I’ve eaten for the first time all day and had a chance to breathe, I got so excited to see my SS package waiting for me from @Jmbarnes101 and it made my day.

There’s a few games from my list, some yummy candy, but I really love the adorable artwork from Santa’s daughter, which reminds me a little of Nymn from Tanglewood (but I want to know more about “her characters” please share more!!), and the puzzle game which evokes the church fairs where I got my first games.

I’ve been having a really rough holiday season and this was just really nice to come home to. Thank you Santa 🥲

31FE7F4A-CA8A-43F0-9817-297ADCC813CB.jpeg

9A9AA2FF-B79A-4B99-BDA2-60AD408277F4.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Wow! 1

So my package finally got thru Canada posts backlock today. @Gloves had me which is funny cause I had him. He knocked it out of the park getting me a sweet pin and sticker and little mermaid and shadow gate CIB! My kids and I were playing both this afternoon and both games are a lot of fun. I had never played either. I give out a giant list of nes games I want every year and I love it when someone goes thru that list and picks out the games they enjoy.

Thanks again Gloves! 

20201229_152422.jpg

• Like 6
  • Wow! 3

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, JordyRamone said:

So my package finally got thru Canada posts backlock today. @Gloves had me which is funny cause I had him. He knocked it out of the park getting me a sweet pin and sticker and little mermaid and shadow gate CIB! My kids and I were playing both this afternoon and both games are a lot of fun. I had never played either. I give out a giant list of nes games I want every year and I love it when someone goes thru that list and picks out the games they enjoy.

Thanks again Gloves! 

20201229_152422.jpg

I'm glad it all made it to you okay! 

• Thanks 1

Social Team · Posted
4 hours ago, JordyRamone said:

Thanks again Gloves! 

20201229_152422.jpg

Shadowgate...that game was so awesome as a kid.  Frustrating when I couldn't figure out how to get further in the game.  Great gift for sure.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2020 at 12:19 AM, fcgamer said:

Glad everything arrived safely, @GameboyRicky ! I hope you enjoy some of these titles 🙂

Did I mention anything in the letter about Super Mario World? I could have sworn I got that to send you as well , though obviously I'm not seeing it in the picture.

Also, please do let us at VGS know about how those chicken feet Doritos taste. I got a bag for a few other vgs members, and one for myself, but none of us have tried then yet 😄

No mention of Super Mario World.  However, you were more than generous with what you sent.  Thanks again!  I will let you know when I sample those tasty looking Doritos.  I'm waiting for my brother to get into town to try them with me.

• Like 1

Just now, GameboyRicky said:

No mention of Super Mario World.  However, you were more than generous with what you sent.  Thanks again!  I will let you know when I sample those tasty looking Doritos.  I'm waiting for my brother to get into town to try them with me.

Awesome, can't wait to hear what he thinks about them too!

On 12/25/2020 at 6:11 PM, Jmbarnes101 said:

My Secret Santa gift was fantastic. Thank you @Fleck586 for the wonderful gift. I just recently got a Switch and didn’t have either of these but both were on my list and my kids are excited to play. He also sent me a nice letter and a couple of good diabetic snacks. Thank you sir! 

42565B11-4142-48CB-80AF-6E76DE8D16D1.jpeg

I'm so glad you liked it!!

Social Team · Posted
36 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

My giftee still has yet to post in here, and the gift from whoever my secret santa was is still in USPS purgatory as far as I can tell. I guess it's been "in transit to the next facility" for the past two weeks, huh. Man, that driver must be really slacking 😛

You aren't the only one waiting for their SS package to be delivered.

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

My SS present finally got delivered yesterday and I just picked it up from my office.  I want to give a huge thank you to @Splain for being awesome! I love the items, you did a great job!!  I'm very pleased with the variety, have been looking to play Yooka-Laylee for a while on Switch and didn't have it, and I'm SUPER impressed / happy with the PS2 disc!  As a huge PS2 demo collector, I know how hard some of the remaining ones on my list are to find, so I'm blown away with it and thank you so much!

IMG_2463.jpg

IMG_2464.jpg

Seriously, thank you again, I'm beyond happy with these!  

• Like 11

Homebrew Team · Posted
8 hours ago, Fleck586 said:

Thank you to my Secret Santa, Mr Justin Orenich!! I needed all 3 of these games and the controller won't stay in the box either. Oh! And the candy lasted maybe 2 minutes. Haha! Thanks again!

20201228_220723.thumb.jpg.f618e752183f384fbb57cd9cd287f45f.jpg20210101_110508.jpg.a919edd24f66211a78b7affd45f7e779.jpg

Ahh!  Glad you liked it!  It took me a while to realize which SNES games you needed!  At first it looked like you had almost all of them, but then I realized you had the whole list in there, but didn't mark anything on some of the titles.  I'm very happy I was right!

All 3 of those games are pretty great!  Those controllers are fantastic too.  Happy holidays! :d

• Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted
6 hours ago, spacepup said:

My SS present finally got delivered yesterday and I just picked it up from my office.  I want to give a huge thank you to @Splain for being awesome! I love the items, you did a great job!!  I'm very pleased with the variety, have been looking to play Yooka-Laylee for a while on Switch and didn't have it, and I'm SUPER impressed / happy with the PS2 disc!  As a huge PS2 demo collector, I know how hard some of the remaining ones on my list are to find, so I'm blown away with it and thank you so much!

Seriously, thank you again, I'm beyond happy with these! 

Glad it arrived! I thought maybe since the box was so small it would get delivered quickly, but again, I feel bad for how slammed the postal system was, even without the Christmas rush. If the mail system has returned to normal (or "covid normal") then I'll get that last piece out soon.

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2020 at 9:46 PM, Scrobins said:

I just got back from visiting my parents for the holidays, and without oversharing, it was a really stressful Christmas. And today itself was one of my busiest workdays that I had to push through while half of the day was spent on the train.

But now that I’ve eaten for the first time all day and had a chance to breathe, I got so excited to see my SS package waiting for me from @Jmbarnes101 and it made my day.

There’s a few games from my list, some yummy candy, but I really love the adorable artwork from Santa’s daughter, which reminds me a little of Nymn from Tanglewood (but I want to know more about “her characters” please share more!!), and the puzzle game which evokes the church fairs where I got my first games.

I’ve been having a really rough holiday season and this was just really nice to come home to. Thank you Santa 🥲

31FE7F4A-CA8A-43F0-9817-297ADCC813CB.jpeg

9A9AA2FF-B79A-4B99-BDA2-60AD408277F4.jpeg

@Scrobins  
I’m glad these arrived safely and that they helped to bring you some joy this holiday season. I read this to my daughter and she was very pleased and happy to know you enjoyed her artwork. She creates these characters along with ones that are more Wolf and Angler Fish mixes and is crafting a world and backstory behind them. The one you received is so far her first and only video game based one being it was for a gamer. 

Here is a Halloween one she did which is a rare full body piece. 

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2021 at 4:54 PM, WalterWhiteJr. said:

Late to the party because I was away but huge shoutout to @Quest4Nes!! He sent me 3 beautiful pieces to add to my growing Zelda collection. These were very thoughtful and unique. I will treasure them dude! Merry Christmas and happy new year to VGS! 🙂

ABD3DC53-86BF-4D64-A72E-23E11A776B37.jpeg

Glad you liked it. Out of all the plushes ive seen I just like that Bokoblin. I didnt know if you had that ocarina master quest port/rom rack on a n64 cart. Seems like you didnt. Awesome. There is some issue with the end game cut scene on the rom hack from my reading about it but looks like its all good besides that.  Zelda uno cards look way cooler than regular uno cards. 

Im sad to tell you I had another part for your gift. I had a custom bead art of the owl from links awakening. I messed up when ironing. Took me several hours. I was super bummed. Here is a picture of it 95 percent done .  I was super depressed when it ruined. Was one of the largest ones ive done. Ive learned from my mistakes now. Just wanted it to be seen lol.

20201216_015745.jpg

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 4
  • Sad 1