IGNORED

VGS Secret Santa Reveal 2020!!!

Secret Santa

My Secret Santa was @NES4EVER, he really went above and beyond and sent me 5 awesome games across 3 consoles, thank you!  I've never heard of Circus Charlie's but it is a fun arcadey game.  Slay the Spire is my next Switch game queued up once I finish Age of Calamity.  Thank you everyone for doing Secret Santa and Happy Holidays!

20201204_172738.jpg

20201204_172936.jpg

Edited by LutherDestroysTheGond
  • Like 9
  • Wow! 2

10 hours ago, ThePhleo said:

My Secret Santa was @twiztor and he crossed off every item on my list! Thank you 🙂

Thank you first of all for your donation to St Judes Childrens Research Hospital. It’s my personal favorite charity second only to Ronald McDonald House.

Next, thank you for the candies. There’s something about sour childhood candies that make me happy.

I love the custom Hey You Pikachu cart! Now I need to track down a mic and enjoy the frustration I had years ago.

Not pictured is the custom ornament! I can’t wait to hang it up on my VGS Tree next year!

Finally the piece-de-resistance (not how it’s spelled but whatever) Thank you for sharing the secret recipe to the Krabby Patty Santa’s Secret List Making Technique. My efficiency has increased 100 fold, and with some honing I can add a few zeroes.

6DB0B1E9-0996-49D5-B453-08E33F2C3C8C.jpeg.1684a937bb103b02e123964f2b1b1585.jpeg

glad you liked it! the donation was the easy part, but i wanted to make sure you had some fun stuff inside the box besides just a piece of paper. and i'm a bit of a sour candy connoisseur myself, so i hope you enjoy!

P.S. the ornament should glow in the dark. didn't test it out myself.  Merry Christmas @ThePhleo!

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

Hey everyone - keep up the great reveals - these are awesome! 🙂

@darkchylde28 You're quite welcome - It was fun looking for some different stuff --- I didn't know about all the old Tomy mechanical games, so it was fun looking around at those and learning about them.  Don't be ashamed to open it if you wanna check it out! I got a sealed one because some of the other ones were rough looking and I didn't know how well they worked.  Either way, glad you enjoy the random stuff and thanks!

I know there are some delays and packages in transit, so I hope those arrive soon and everyone else can join in on the fun.  I encourage everyone to share when you can - it is so much fun to see the reveals.  Thanks to everyone for participating in our fun event!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Gloves said:

My secret Santa @JordyRamone donated $50 to Extra Life for my gift! As you all know I'm more than happy to see donations to the kids, so I'm plenty good with that. Thanks bud! 

No problem man!

Unfortunately my gift didn't make it to me on time due to the backlog with the postal service. When it does come I will be sure to post it on here! 

@Psychobear85 glad you enjoyed!   I know Image Fight and Rollergames weren't on your list, but Image Fight is a fantastic shmup and Rollergames is a random fun beat 'em up that you may like.

My SS asked to not be revealed if I figured him out, and between the return address and process of elimination I should be able to figure out who he is

.20201225_094806.jpg

Swedish Fish are amazing!   Hadn't had the tropical ones yet.

20201225_095452.jpg

And then for the truly amazing stuff:

20201225_095611.jpg

Mystery figure is Ayane, and I'm super pumped to play DOA Xtreme 3 on the Switch.

Thank you so much!!!

• Like 8
  • Wow! 4

Mailman showed up woo woo!

My santa is @WalterWhiteJr. Lemme tell ya, I was a bit excited 😆

20201226_124519.thumb.jpg.19d380cacb5cb65792f57f6b721663b6.jpg

Buhuh shredded

20201226_123733.thumb.jpg.2351f60515586d4f9da3ecd3aa84ff1a.jpg

Thank you so much dood!!! My first usa Gamecube exclusive bomberman, I will be slipping the note into the case to save forever 🙂The pokemon bk toy is very nostalgic for me and I can't bring myself to open it (even though what's inside is due to be super cool) because I remember going during that promotion with my sister getting kids meals for the sweet pokemon toys haha. I love the Japanese mario charm!  The topps nintendo cards are also nostalgic for me, super nice to have a sealed pack, the art is so rad. Oh yeah! I pulled 4 cards I needed from the animal crossing pack which never happens, so some Christmas magic was in effect 🙂 thank you again, and happy holidays errrerbody!!

• Like 13
  • Wow! 2

21 hours ago, Khromak said:

I was your secret Santa @KokiriChild, glad you're happy with the games. I opened my gifts from @rdrunner and I'm very happy with them. I asked for Gameboy games and he delivered, a couple games with a nice handwritten note explaining why he recommended them and giving some tips. It was also neat getting presents from a celebrity! 😁

Thank you very much, I really do appreciate them! 😄

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

Finally translated it.  SS and I both screwed up and thought the fox "jumped" instead of "jumps".

Here is the translation and my own message back...

PXL_20201226_203008920.jpg

So now you know the truth!  I had a lot of fun putting together your package.  Merry Christmas!

Would you mind posting a close up picture of the plaque?

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 11:17 AM, Ferris Bueller said:

My Secret Santa delivered. Copies of DW, Retrozone and RetroUSB sleeves, a poem for the collection, and a portrait of me by @CasualCart!

I've been updating the unorthodox Dragon Warrior website again, so it's just a matter a time before I get the transcribed poem up over there. The real question is, did they all know I did a photo shoot last year with me sitting on a throne made of carts? I didn't think I'd made those public, yet. Hrm...

VGS Secret Santa.png

Dragon Warrior Throne Final 01.jpg

Are you saying that you're this guy? http://theunorthodoxdragonwarriorcollection.com/

If so, I can only say it makes sense that someone who has such a goal would be hanging out here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/25/2020 at 4:51 PM, Khromak said:

I was your secret Santa @KokiriChild, glad you're happy with the games. I opened my gifts from @rdrunner and I'm very happy with them. I asked for Gameboy games and he delivered, a couple games with a nice handwritten note explaining why he recommended them and giving some tips. It was also neat getting presents from a celebrity! 😁

Glad you liked your new Gameboy games!  Those are some of my all time favorites.

Social Team · Posted
20 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

So now you know the truth!  I had a lot of fun putting together your package.  Merry Christmas!

Would you mind posting a close up picture of the plaque?

You can download high resolution photos here,  If you need lower quality then see below

Spoiler

ACtC-3fR3gVbtYYrPz1sQocDB--kHF7l6Y2DMf5_

ACtC-3c_f6xOupUSfb2u7_NKYaxj_5Av7MVv9lXx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 1

On 12/26/2020 at 3:51 PM, Astor Reinhardt said:

No Idea who my SS was, but they got me two games off my want list that I've been wanting for awhile as well as two Funko Pop Mystery Mini's.

I managed to luck out and get the two characters I wanted most out of the Mystery Mini boxes.

PXL_20201225_190208864.jpg

reveal.jpg

Glad the mystery pops worked out and you enjoyed the presents!  I was your SS this year and had a great time finding some goodies for you. 

Enjoy them ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/26/2020 at 7:25 AM, GameboyRicky said:

My Secret Santa was @fcgamer and he really hooked me up.   I could tell he took a lot of time picking out these gifts because he shared his thoughts and some personal history of almost every piece he included.  Thanks again Dave!

IMG_5616.JPG

Glad everything arrived safely, @GameboyRicky ! I hope you enjoy some of these titles 🙂

Did I mention anything in the letter about Super Mario World? I could have sworn I got that to send you as well , though obviously I'm not seeing it in the picture.

Also, please do let us at VGS know about how those chicken feet Doritos taste. I got a bag for a few other vgs members, and one for myself, but none of us have tried then yet 😄

• Like 2

Sorry to my Secret Santa for taking so long to post thanks and a reveal! It's been a busy holiday week and weekend, and I was just now able to open my gift and take pictures!

I managed to get a few excellent items from my want list! Game Gear is high on my set list, so that's perfect and since I also hope to one day have a copy of each physical edition of Myst, that was an excellent inclusion too!

Thanks, Santa for the wonderful gift and have a Happy New Year!

PXL_20201228_132051547~2.jpg

PXL_20201228_132135652~2.jpg

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1

Social Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, RH said:

Sorry to my Secret Santa for taking so long to post thanks and a reveal! It's been a busy holiday week and weekend, and I was just now able to open my gift and take pictures!

I managed to get a few excellent items from my want list! Game Gear is high on my set list, so that's perfect and since I also hope to one day have a copy of each physical edition of Myst, that was an excellent inclusion too!

Thanks, Santa for the wonderful gift and have a Happy New Year!

PXL_20201228_132051547~2.jpg

PXL_20201228_132135652~2.jpg

Arch Rivals..SCORE!  Use to laugh my ass off playing the NES copy.  Didn't know they made it for GameGear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

Arch Rivals..SCORE!  Use to laugh my ass off playing the NES copy.  Didn't know they made it for GameGear.

I'll definitely have to check it out. I'm casually going for a complete Game Gear set, so I'll inevitably be getting some hidden gems like this along the way. I'll give it a try and see how it goes!

• Like 1