IGNORED

VGS Secret Santa Reveal 2020!!!

Secret Santa

Just now, fcgamer said:

Didn't you post a picture of it in the cooking thread? If so, I remember it looking delicious.

That was homemade traditional style chili, but I always eat that with cheese on top too. Cincy style chili is usually eaten on hot dogs or over spaghetti with cheese. You can eat it by itself, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone order it that way.

• Like 1

Just now, Bearcat-Doug said:

That was homemade traditional style chili, but I always eat that with cheese on top too. Cincy style chili is usually eaten on hot dogs or over spaghetti with cheese. You can eat it by itself, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone order it that way.

Oohhh okay! I definitely need to research this before preparing it then. 

On spaghetti?! That sounds amazing, I think I'll go that route.

Just now, fcgamer said:

It's usually served as a cheese coney (a hot dog with chili, shredded cheddar cheese, mustard and onions) or on a plate of spaghetti covered in chili and shredded cheddar cheese with beans and/or onions being optional.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Social Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Technically you can get a two way (chili and spaghetti).  But if you have the cans and don't want to do a cony or #-way, then the most popular choice is a Skyline Chili dip which there are instruction on the can to make.  My family dipped with Frito's corn chips but you can use regular nacho chips too.  

• Wow! 1

1 minute ago, FireHazard51 said:

Technically you can get a two way (chili and spaghetti).  But if you have the cans and don't want to do a cony or #-way, then the most popular choice is a Skyline Chili dip which there are instruction on the can to make.  My family dipped with Frito's corn chips but you can use regular nacho chips too.  

I forgot about the Skyline chili dip. You can't go wrong with that either! 

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
5 hours ago, fcgamer said:

I was going to wrap up a box of spaghetti so it would be one less thing you would need but as you might of noticed, the box was FULL.  Hope spaghetti isn't that hard to find.  Not sure if ramen noodles would be a great substitute but shouldn't tank the experience if you had to use it.  The biggest key ingredient is sadly a perishable item so I couldn't ship it.....finely shredded mild cheddar cheese.  You can watch this video clip and see how much cheese is used.

Personally I LOVE the simple 3-way.  When it comes to the coney I'm a phony coney kinda guy.  AKA Chili Cheese Sandwich, that being just a hotdog bun, cheese (melts and helps keep the chili sauce from ruining the bun), Skyline Chili, and MORE cheese (no dogs in this bun).  Another favorite of mine is the Chili Chilito (flour burrito wrap, cheese, & Skyline Chili).  

There are lots of videos on how to make Skyline Chili at home.  But with those spice packets you'll just need the ground beef.  I had some real concerns with how easy it would be to get the cheese.  I'm completely ignorant of what is available to you.  If you can't do it right, just PM when you are visiting family in the states and I'll gladly send you cans of Skyline.  Then you and your family can both enjoy it with the correct ingredients.  

Edited by FireHazard51
can't*

Social Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, drxandy said:

^^beans = red kidney

Base of spaghetti followed by the chili, topped with cheddar cheese and cold white onion and red kidney

Yummmm

How many # way would that be?

That sir is called a 5-way.  4-way can be beans or onions.  I do 4-way with beans from time to time.  But if I'm at the restaurant then I'm going classic 3-way.  Don't listen to @Bearcat-Doug , 3-way is the classic one and not a 5-way.  

Spoiler

3Way_tea_towel_2048x.jpg?v=1606532953

YodaThree-Way-Black-mu_2048x.png?v=1605370114

Cornhole_web_product_updated_2048x.png?v=1569104827

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

That sir is called a 5-way.  4-way can be beans or onions.  I do 4-way with beans from time to time.  But if I'm at the restaurant then I'm going classic 3-way.  Don't listen to @Bearcat-Doug , 3-way is the classic one and not a 5-way.  

Hide contents

3Way_tea_towel_2048x.jpg?v=1606532953

YodaThree-Way-Black-mu_2048x.png?v=1605370114

Cornhole_web_product_updated_2048x.png?v=1569104827

3 ways are the classic for sure. I don't think I've ever ordered a 4 or 5 way. I don't really care for beans in my chili and I get mustard and onions on my coneys, so I don't need onions in my chili too.

1 hour ago, FireHazard51 said:

I was going to wrap up a box of spaghetti so it would be one less thing you would need but as you might of noticed, the box was FULL.  Hope spaghetti isn't that hard to find.  Not sure if ramen noodles would be a great substitute but shouldn't tank the experience if you had to use it.  The biggest key ingredient is sadly a perishable item so I couldn't ship it.....finely shredded mild cheddar cheese.  You can watch this video clip and see how much cheese is used.

Personally I LOVE the simple 3-way.  When it comes to the coney I'm a phony coney kinda guy.  AKA Chili Cheese Sandwich, that being just a hotdog bun, cheese (melts and helps keep the chili sauce from ruining the bun), Skyline Chili, and MORE cheese (no dogs in this bun).  Another favorite of mine is the Chili Chilito (flour burrito wrap, cheese, & Skyline Chili).  

There are lots of videos on how to make Skyline Chili at home.  But with those spice packets you'll just need the ground beef.  I had some real concerns with how easy it would be to get the cheese.  I'm completely ignorant of what is available to you.  If you can do it right, just PM when you are visiting family in the states and I'll gladly send you cans of Skyline.  Then you and your family can both enjoy it with the correct ingredients.  

You eat your coneys without the hot dog?! Hopefully the person taking your order rolls their eyes at your blasphemy!

• Eyeroll 1

Administrator · Posted
28 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

You eat your coneys without the hot dog?! Hopefully the person taking your order rolls their eyes at your blasphemy!

Chili Cheese sandwich FTW!   Although you have about thirty seconds to eat it after it arrives before it's a soggy unsalvageable mess.

• Like 2

I am glad you liked everything @fcgamer; I unoffically helped (:P)

You can also do a chilito at Skyline which is chili and cheese in a tortilla wrap (or with sour cream/onion/spaghetti your choice).   It is a newer creation (~10 years) and they make the best moving food (allergy reason I cannot have Taco Bell)...     One of my favorite Skyline memories was ordering 30 of the them and the line looking at me (open kitchen) in hatred but slightly impressed with the challenge... (See they are a pain to wrap and make right or they leak everywhere)  So many grumples.   But them cold from the fridge at 3am in the morning.... worth it

image.png.3ceb0dd65c66c2fe33dcaa844c337653.pngimage.png.7e103b515492d09b00c41cbf61a22421.png

Edited by nettenette
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, nettenette said:

I am glad you liked everything @fcgamer; I unoffically helped (:P)

You can also do a chilito at Skyline which is chili and cheese in a tortilla wrap (or with sour cream/onion/spaghetti your choice).   It is a newer creation (~10 years) and they make the best moving food (allergy reason I cannot have Taco Bell)...     One of my favorite Skyline memories was ordering 30 of the them and the line looking at me (open kitchen) in hatred but slightly impressed with the challenge... (See they are a pain to wrap and make right or they leak everywhere)  So many grumples.   But them cold from the fridge at 3am in the morning.... worth it

image.png.3ceb0dd65c66c2fe33dcaa844c337653.pngimage.png.7e103b515492d09b00c41cbf61a22421.png

I've honestly never tried a burrito there. In 35+ years, I haven't ordered anything other than 3 ways and/or cheese coneys. I'm pretty sure that when I was a kid that was all they served. It seems like they started adding to the menu in the mid to late 1990s.