IGNORED

VGS turns 1

fox

Administrator · Posted

I've been quite busy today and I knew this thread happened but haven't really had time to read through until just now. 

I'm really happy that we've been able to preserve, above all else, the community that was built on NA. And as has been said, honestly, the best parts of it. We seem to have shaken off much of the stigma, and I think we've proven that a clean slate can be the saving grace for some things.

Regardless of any site sales or anything else of the sort that may have happened, I think myself and many others were feeling a bit disheartened at the state of things near the end there. But honestly with the way this is going we could well have called this place Video Game Phoenix for the flame it's lit in the community; I don't think in my time at NA I ever saw it as active as VGS has been, and it's only getting better. It's all thanks to you all, really.

You gave the place a chance and I think in it we've all felt something that was missing for a long time - a chance to MAKE something, from the ground up. 

And it's all up from here, baby. Happy birthday, everyone.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I think I'd only been a member of NintendoAge for 6 months before it got GoCollected. Used it as a resource plenty before that.

But now I've been doing research here for almost a year and it's been great. Would've never uncovered the mystery of the Powerpuff Girls / Dexter Combo Pack if not for some of the great people on this forum.

Grateful this site exists. Happy birthday, Video Game Sage.

• Like 3

I also can't believe it's ONLY been 1 year, feels like VGS has been here forever!!! Thanks to @Gloves @B.A. and all the other admins and mods for making the site great and putting up with my CONSTANT bullshit! 🙂 🥳

Speaking of bullshit, and not to bring the mood down, but with all the time we've had building up a GREAT community over here, that OTHER site must have had PLENTY of time to introduce all its exciting changes by now! Let me just check in over there...

Oh JESUS f-ing CHRIST!!!!!!!! 🤢🤮🤯🤣

• Like 2