IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Ghosts 'n Goblins

BeaIank

58 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

What's with these scores?  I thought this was a gaming competition?  Looks more like a social club for grab ass 💅🏾

Last week of the weekly competition and saving one's energy for the tournament at the end of the year. You've got to learn when to pick a fight.

10 minutes ago, ninjistar said:

And so ends the final regular game of the season. For some reason, I had a burst of energy today and went at this one a bit. Got a nice improvement to my score. With a little more time, I would have caught you, @NESfiend 🙂 

I was hoping I could get 200k. Got really good at point racking, but never bothered to focus on progress because playing with the graves is more fun. It was a fun game to lead up to halloween and Im really pumped to have finished top 5 for the season!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I was hoping I could get 200k. Got really good at point racking, but never bothered to focus on progress because playing with the graves is more fun. It was a fun game to lead up to halloween and Im really pumped to have finished top 5 for the season!

I feel the same. The point racking was more fun than straight progress. Congrats on finishing 5th overall for the year. I definitely let myself slide on points these last few months, but I really needed the mental break. This season has felt 10 years long to me 😄 

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted

Final week of the regular season, everyone feels a little emotional, friends were made, rivalry ensued, insults were thrown, tips were shared, Kickle got drawn, and people farmed graveyard in G&G, what a ride!

Last game of the season, but a first win for @PII! Congrats for taking the Ghosts & Goblins crown, you're now officially a G&G Great! Also thanks for running these loops test and shared results in the thread, this was very insightful to know that G&G can get as tough as Makaimura, @BeaIank's favorite iteration of the game.

@bertsampsonhad the Action Charm in the back pocket of his jeans already (you're wearing jeans bert, right?), but still cared enough to take 2nd rank with a 315,600 score, probably to send a message before the 2020 tounament to Hooter's favorite client @Bearcat-Dougwho stands about 10k points behind for 3rd place.

Honorable mention to the 100k club of this week, in their respective order : @NESfiend (158,000), @ninjistar (145,700), @8bitdontquit (141,500), @Tablew/chairs (131,900), @mbd39 (121,600) and @Gaia Gensouki (116,300). Special thanks to @Sumer for joining the NES Weekly fun, even in such a late state of action. We'll count on your participation for the 2021 season, but get in early this time around! You're still welcome to hang around during the tournament, don't miss that!

There's also Bea's million points video run coming up, cause we can't let her stand by such a pathetic score of 942,300, get us the good Bea, get us THE GOOD!

Finally, congratulations to our geral scoreboard leaders, each earning a Charm!

1st for Gold :     bertsampson 266 points
2nd for Silver :  0xDEAFC0DE 189 points
3rd for Bronze : Gaia Gensouki 170 points

Stay tuned for the upcoming details of the 2020 final tournament!

Thanks to everyone making the NES Weekly contest well and alive!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Skinny doesn't even have a score up yet. Maybe he's sitting on something.

16 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Considering his 2016 submission, I wouldn't hold your breath

i dont understand how to be good at this game. i cant control arther or the weapon he wields.