IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Ghosts 'n Goblins

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!
Welcome to THE VERY LAST weekly contest game for this season!
And what a fitting finale right before our most expected tournament!

This week, our players have it easy, having to compete for high score on the easiest NES game ever conceived, GHOSTS 'N GOBLINS!

Without further ado, here's the SPOOKY rules for this not at all spooky game:

• Play until Game Over
  • You must power up your NES before each of your run to reset the drop pattern correctly.
  • You may collect each 1-up only once.  In the second loop of the game, you will be allowed to collect each 1-up one time as well.
  • Looping from stage 6 to stage 5 by not having the shield is forbidden
  • Highest score wins
  • Participation: 5,000
  • GENRE: Action

The tournament details will be made public during the course of the next two weeks. Players, be prepared!

The contest ends Sunday, 10/25/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

901444940_SageGhostsNGoblins.png.8383b62

• Like 3

Events Team · Posted
Mod Bea 942,300
1st PII 618,100
2nd bertsampson 315,600
3rd Bearcat-Doug 305,000
4th NESfiend 158,000
5th ninjistar 145,700
6th 8bitdontquit 141,500
7th Tablew/chairs 131,900
8th mbd39 121,600
9th Gaia Gensouki 116,300
10th JamesRobot 79,800
11th Sumer 74,200
12th Ausden 49,500
13th Richardhead 41,000
14th SuperJimtendo 35,800
15th 0xDEAFC0DE 31,100
16th CMR 23,800

1 minute ago, bertsampson said:

It doesn't matter for me anyway.  I don't need the points.  I'm ready for the tournament and to be done already.  Not to be a downer, but I'm not in the greatest place right now.

Honestly, I'm not either. I'll likely be tied up for a bit. I'm hoping that it doesn't cut into tournament time.

• The topic was pinned