IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

Twitter finally locked his account.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/1/6/22217686/trump-twitter-account-locked-capitol-hill-riot-tweets-policy-violations

I hope the ban is permanent.

39 minutes ago, Californication said:

Some  of the comments are pretty funny.

"We're storming the capital! It's a revolution!"

Hope she realizes the real revolutionaries risked getting hanged.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Californication said:

Some  of the comments are pretty funny.

Ugh when I was in grad school I lived in the same town as this woman. Can confirm it’s a shithole, someone had an effigy of Dr. Ford as a dog hanging in their yard during the Kavanaugh trial.

I was watching Marthiew Gaetz talk on the floor yesterday after Congress reconvened and even though hundreds of people just ran through the capital he was still repeating the Trump conspiracy's about voter fraud. 

This is clearly a Republican issue and not a Donald Trump issue. People who voted at the top of the ticket and down ballot for for Republicans are supporting this nonsense the same as if they would have voted for Trump.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cartman said:

I wonder if white house memorabilia is worth anything there ought to be folks out there collection that shit just like the declaration of independence paper and old coins. 

Almost certainly going to be "worth" jail time or fines for whoever ends up with it, and the chain of custody along the way.

10 minutes ago, arch_8ngel said:

Almost certainly going to be "worth" jail time or fines for whoever ends up with it, and the chain of custody along the way.

Yeah it's illegal but i do think there are people some of them with deep pockets that would buy. Or atleast be very tempted to.

6 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

They could never publicly display it, as the instant they do, they'd be thrown in jail for receiving stolen goods.

No amount of money would prevent the government from coming down on your ass.

Yeah... in all seriousness some FBI-peon is going to be tasked with tracking down every last bit of that stuff.  With any amount of sense people would return it and claim temporary insanity due to the mania of the group event.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

They could never publicly display it, as the instant they do, they'd be thrown in jail for receiving stolen goods.

No amount of money would prevent the government from coming down on your ass.

Yes that's how it would be. No type of open transaction could be made and once the item is bought it can't be shown to almost anyone either. Ideally the robber would already have a connection to lay the loot off to but the thing is they stormed in without even being masked so the trail has already been left.

Administrator · Posted

What occurred yesterday was disgraceful.  Not from a left or right bent, or from any particularly party's perspective.   All Americans should find it incredibly shameful.  We have a process for a reason, and there was absolutely nothing materially illegitimate or fraudulent about the process.  People are unhappy with the OUTCOME of that process, and thus are baselessly attacking the system as if to start some sort of revolution that is destined to fail.

I'm frankly embarrassed that even after everything yesterday, so many people in congress objected to the electoral votes, based on nothing but misinformation and lies. 

• Like 6