IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

And here's why.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-protesters-again-dispute-trumps-defeat-d-c-police-make-arrests-11609945368

Trump Urges Protesters to March to Capitol to Contest Election Results

Thousands gathered in Washington as Congress was set to ratify President-elect Joe Biden’s win; some breached a Capitol barricade

• Eyeroll 1

On 1/5/2021 at 11:35 AM, Tulpa said:

Now we know why he has to grab em by the p$!#y.

Crazy if this is true. Imagine someone not taking a hint after 18 phone calls and then so casually threatening someone over an hour.

Edited by Californication

Pro-Trump protestors have stormed the Capitol. They’re inside. Capitol on lockdown, people being told to barricade doors and avoid windows.

And people acted like I was crazy for saying that words and rhetoric have consequences and this could very well happen. 

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, The Strangest said:

Pro-Trump protestors have stormed the Capitol. They’re inside. Capitol on lockdown, people being told to barricade doors and avoid windows.

And people acted like I was crazy for saying that words and rhetoric have consequences and this could very well happen. 

Can't have tens of thousands of cultists being whipped up with rhetoric and not expect something to eventually happen

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

What's happening right now is incredibly embarrassing and shameful, and that's putting it lightly.  And make no mistake - as a non-Trump supporter, I'm not "happy" to see this.  It's incredibly disturbing and disheartening to see such blatant disregard for the institutions.

Our political leaders need to step up immediately and address this publicly, before someone truly gets hurt.

It's incredibly sad that we somehow got to this point.

• Like 7

Editorials Team · Posted
1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

I knew that something like this was inevitable as soon as Trump lost the election. I figured there'd be more of an effort to actually, y'know, stop it though. Hopefully this situation will be stopped dead in it's tracks soon enough.

It will, I think. Few of them are carrying thanks to DC laws, otherwise it would have been... well, not good.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
Just now, Shmup said:

Just woke up to this crazy news. It’s like something you would see in Venezuela. Sad to see a country fall to this state. I don’t understand why Trump hasn’t been arrested for inciting this.

He's the master of spoken vagueries

It's how he's slipped through for 40 years

• Like 1
  • Sad 1