IGNORED

American Politics / Current Events Thread

CodysGameRoom

Events Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I'm seeing Trump supporters online trying to claim that Antifa infiltrated their ranks and are the ones who are acting violently in the Capitol. 

Oh, and that this wouldn't have happened if everyone just let Trump have a second term.

To paraphrase something I said to one of my family members who is a Trump supporter: "This man could publicly execute someone and you'd still find a way to defend his actions."

This is such a sad day for America, I'm basically at a loss for words. China and Russia must be having a field day while these terrorists/traitors are violently attacking the seat of our Democracy...

Traitors, looters, anarchists, scum...

Screenshot-from-2021-01-06-16-24-17.png

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 1
  • Wow! 1

Editorials Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, avatar! said:

This is such a sad day for America, I'm basically at a loss for words. China and Russia must be having a field day while these terrorists/traitors are violently attacking the seat of our Democracy...

Traitors, looters, anarchists, scum...

Screenshot-from-2021-01-06-16-24-17.png

Dumbass who's face is on camera committing a felony says what?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I like how the Democrats are so quick to denounce the violence when it shows up at their doorstep. But stay quiet almost all summer while shits being  burned and destroyed.😂

At their doorstep?  They stormed the US Capitol building and they are actively interfering with congress certifying the election.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I like how the Democrats are so quick to denounce the violence when it shows up at their doorstep. But stay quiet almost all summer while shits being  burned and destroyed.😂

Many Democrats were shocked by the looting and violence that happened because of what started (and by the way were largely) as peaceful protests against racism and inappropriate police violence. Yes, many Democrats denounced what happened in Minneapolis, Portland, etc.

BUT, do you see how this is different??

THIS, what's happening now in DC, is an attack on our DEMOCRACY itself. Inspired by Donald Trump himself - this is the act of a despot. Comparing it to the protests and riots earlier in the year is like comparing apples to oranges - it's inappropriate and completely different.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

The Democrats didn't tell the followers to storm the cities. Trump just did today.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Many Democrats were shocked by the looting and violence that happened because of what started (and by the way were largely) as peaceful protests against racism and inappropriate police violence. Yes, many Democrats denounced what happened in Minneapolis, Portland, etc.

BUT, do you see how this is different??

THIS, what's happening now in DC, is an attack on our DEMOCRACY itself. Inspired by Donald Trump himself - this is the act of a despot. Comparing it to the protests and riots earlier in the year is like comparing apples to oranges - it's inappropriate and completely different.

Violence is violence. Call it whatever you want though man. This is inappropriate but that was okay. Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Violence is violence. Call it whatever you want though man. This is inappropriate but that was okay. Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

"So you defended your family when an armed intruder invaded your home and threatened you? I'm sorry, but you know, 'violence is violence' right?" 👾

And again, I don't know anyone that said the riots earlier in the year were "okay". Peaceful protests are fine. Heck, what's happening now would be fine if you know, the so-called protesters hadn't BROKEN into the Capital, started looting, threatened our elected officials, and tried to forcefully stage a coup...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I don't think anyone supported the violence that happened over the summer, but that was years and years of civil unrest building to a crescendo.

Today was a bunch of crybabies unhappy that their boy didn't win a second term.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tulpa said:

I'm seeing Trump supporters online trying to claim that Antifa infiltrated their ranks and are the ones who are acting violently in the Capitol. 

Oh, and that this wouldn't have happened if everyone just let Trump have a second term.

Right wingers are masters of projection. In some cities the people arrested for inciting violence were found to be members of white supremacist groups who infiltrated the protests. It happened here in Nashville as some punk kid with noodle arms set fire to our courthouse, and it happened in Minneapolis too.