IGNORED

What happened to nintendoage?

2 hours ago, Johnnyboy113 said:

The more I read, the more I'm convinced the dude's a troll with too much time on his hands. No one could post with that much butchered Engrish and have it not be deliberate.

"Please answer me! Is it true that I wrote above?"

And who uses a Pepsi logo as their avatar? 😛

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

The more I read, the more I'm convinced the dude's a troll with too much time on his hands. No one could post with that much butchered Engrish and have it not be deliberate.

Lol 😂 Pepsi is no ban!

55 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

You're probably right. But you're reminding me of a member on a different forum who posted over and over again, "Who likes Oero-Os? I like to eat them in Korea sometimes" and this was his avatar. 

9F5045E5-2095-4787-BFA2-5004D6D1EA2F.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I was trying to get Albert to do the right thing for the people, not just for me and then when I turned around the people weren't there so I was fighting for nobody. I thought for sure people would rally and demand the right thing be done.

He offered full refunds to people that were unhappy with the situation.   Not sure what you're expecting the guy to do beyond that.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, captmorgandrinker said:

And they got a C&D from Nintendo over it, so while you can find the ROM for it no way he'll sell you a cart of it these days.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I may have received my copy after the C&D (or maybe I didn't).  If someone is interested, they could always message Al and find out if he still has a copy.

Alex Electric was a local boy, came to one of our local NA meetups. But somewhat normal, if a tad annoying IRL.

He was rather unhinged after the ban, last I heard was that he liked coke a bit too much, which probably contributed to his whole April Fool's on April 2nd thread. (it's still the 1st because I haven't slept).

Edited by Nesmaster

16 minutes ago, Nesmaster said:

Alex Electric was a local boy, came to one of our local NA meetups. But somewhat normal, if a tad annoying IRL.

He was rather unhinged after the ban, last I heard was that he liked coke a bit too much, which probably contributed to his whole April Fool's on April 2nd thread. (it's still the 1st because I haven't slept).

I had forgotten about the April Fools thread.  The only one I remember well was the thread about making over 1,000 posts in his first month on the site.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TDIRunner said:

I had forgotten about the April Fools thread.  The only one I remember well was the thread about making over 1,000 posts in his first month on the site.  

I remember that. And the first reply to that was "Now see if you can go another month with no posts."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

I remember that. And the first reply to that was "Now see if you can go another month with no posts."

When I hit my first 1,000 posts here (which took almost a year), I thought about making a joke thread that would have been along the lines of "I made 1,000 posts in 10 months!!!!!!!!!."  But I thought better of it. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Alex Electric was way too busy posting mirror selfies, going to the gym and taking slam-pieces to pound town to mess with plastic grey squares. 

His many, many insecure Instagram accounts would disagree with you.  🤣  Apparently all his slam pieces bailed once he "sold his collection," as there wasn't another photo of one as long as I saw his stuff posted about.  Guess there must have been some magic in that old gray square they found!  🤣

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

His many, many insecure Instagram accounts would disagree with you.  🤣  Apparently all his slam pieces bailed once he "sold his collection," as there wasn't another photo of one as long as I saw his stuff posted about.  Guess there must have been some magic in that old gray square they found!  🤣

Damn where were these chicks when I was being thrown in the garbage for being a video game nerd? Maybe I got married too early 😂😂🤣

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MrWunderful said:

Damn where were these chicks when I was being thrown in the garbage for being a video game nerd? Maybe I got married too early 😂😂🤣

Nah you don’t want any of those shallow ass girls anyways. My wife married me when I was fat, poor, and had no Nintendo tapes so you know it’s really for love 😂

• Haha 2

I just realized there was a lot of speculation in this thread of what happened with Dain and NintendoAge. I found out he did not actually get "that" much for NintendoAge and his collection. Honestly by today's value based on what I believe he had in his collection he barely got 10 to 15% of what it would be worth today, let alone speculation of the sites value. NintendoAge itself may as well of just been a freebie throw-in. Once he found out what they did to the site, and his collection he deeply regretted it. I would guess he saw himself as entering his 50s and basically thought it was time for him to personally move on or his personal interest waned. Dain never meant for any of this to happen, or for people to be mad at him for doing so since he thought the site was going to be reasonably well taken care of. I know I don't blame him for anything since he gave us so many great years and such a great site.

If anything we can observe this as a lesson. Be very careful when you make big life milestone decisions.

Moderator · Posted
3 hours ago, Armageddon Potato said:

I just realized there was a lot of speculation in this thread of what happened with Dain and NintendoAge. I found out he did not actually get "that" much for NintendoAge and his collection. Honestly by today's value based on what I believe he had in his collection he barely got 10 to 15% of what it would be worth today, let alone speculation of the sites value. NintendoAge itself may as well of just been a freebie throw-in. Once he found out what they did to the site, and his collection he deeply regretted it. I would guess he saw himself as entering his 50s and basically thought it was time for him to personally move on or his personal interest waned. Dain never meant for any of this to happen, or for people to be mad at him for doing so since he thought the site was going to be reasonably well taken care of. I know I don't blame him for anything since he gave us so many great years and such a great site.

If anything we can observe this as a lesson. Be very careful when you make big life milestone decisions.

Meh, Dain was absent from the site the last 5 years and the only time he came back to post was to throw the admins and mods (that did all of the work on the front end of the site) under the bus when someone reached out to him directly to complain about something. 

He had an open opportunity to work with us more, or even let us make an offer for the site and we were never contacted. When it went down we warned him what could happen, and it happened exactly like we said it would, but somehow Dain is free of blame in most people’s eyes and it makes no sense. Just because you’re blind to something, doesn’t make you less culpable. 

• Like 5
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2
  • Agree 4