IGNORED

What happened to nintendoage?

11 hours ago, doner24 said:

Meh, Dain was absent from the site the last 5 years and the only time he came back to post was to throw the admins and mods (that did all of the work on the front end of the site) under the bus when someone reached out to him directly to complain about something. 

He had an open opportunity to work with us more, or even let us make an offer for the site and we were never contacted. When it went down we warned him what could happen, and it happened exactly like we said it would, but somehow Dain is free of blame in most people’s eyes and it makes no sense. Just because you’re blind to something, doesn’t make you less culpable. 

Before I left this one forum as a Lead Moderator, I had to deal with that every time somebody complained. And despite having a nice guy for an Admin, I am wondering if he would have done the same if his former Lead Moderator (rightfully) gave the same complainers the ban hammer.

Plus, not to snub what @Armageddon Potato has said, I am wondering if Dain's regret is more financial than what GoCollect has done.

• Agree 2

Also, as a side note... I am deeply "offended" that @Arkturus has not started this topic with VGA 2.0's most beloved topic starter. Which is why I am contributing it, after I found it on what was left of that topic. 🥲

And not because I cannot remember the name of that one member who had contributed a lot of imaged in the VGA 1.0 topic before he was banned.

VGA-2-NM.thumb.jpg.c53d9b34673d2594ce61beb5258901fb.jpg

• Like 1

Yeah, Paul wasn't banned, he registered his name here so no one else would take it, but only posted once or twice. He made it pretty clear he wasn't going to be a VGS member.

edit: He actually posted more than I thought he did. Nine posts. 😛

Edited by Tulpa

1 minute ago, darkchylde28 said:

Yeah, it was totally @Paulwho submitted that, as I recall.  And I don't believe he was ever banned.

Lol I knew it was. I remember when he showed it off on NA as his grail piece. I can’t remember if he did this before the camp outs stopped or not. @Megamanfan Did he bring this to a camp out you went to? 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, spacepup said:

I strive not to focus too much on the drama or negative parts of history - but, what I can say now, is that despite not really liking the WAY things happened, I think in the end, things worked out well.  

Toward the end, activity on NA was significantly declining, and I think a fresh start was helpful.  

We had multiple goals with VGS:
1. To create a place for the community / friends to join each other and continue on our relationships, collecting journeys, and more.
2. To make a fresh start, trying to put aside past grievances and provide second chances.
3. To be more welcoming to new members, embracing the next generation of people who are passionate about this hobby.

Overall, we have tried to take the best parts of NA, while ridding ourselves of some of the worst parts / negativity / history etc.  

We're trying to achieve a good balance here - of supporting the "old" (love for NES, homebrew, and more) while embracing the "new" (modern gaming, new members, etc).

I'm sure we'll make mistakes and adjust how we do things over time, but we'll always try to keep in mind the 3 elements above, and do what we can to foster a good community.

I encourage everyone to try to focus on the future and the ways we can positively and constructively support each other, and try to let go of past issues.  At least, that's what I've tried to do.  

I still want to thank everyone who made the journey and joined us here / supported us, especially at first.  And thanks to everyone who is active in being a part of our community here!

I think a newer forum is long overdue as the older forums were all becoming stagnant with barely any new content. This is definitely a breath of fresh air where the old and the new can mingle and more respectful conversations (hopefully) can be had. 

I do think that NA was heavily biased and too top-heavy on Nintendo glorification (makes sense as it’s called “Nintendo Age” after all). And this forum feels to me a more well-rounded forum where people can talk about any console platforms without feeling too left out. Here, it seems more about “the love of games” instead of maybe the past was more about “the love of Nintendo”. 

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
57 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

Yeah, Paul wasn't banned, he registered his name here so no one else would take it, but only posted once or twice. He made it pretty clear he wasn't going to be a VGS member.

edit: He actually posted more than I thought he did. Nine posts. 😛

Very few people have been banned who weren't straight up spambots. Like, less than 5 pretty sure. 

27 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Very few people have been banned who weren't straight up spambots. Like, less than 5 pretty sure. 

The only one that comes to mind for me is the guy who was a great user, seemed to totally unrelated get on medical marijuana, then like a week later come on and basically demand to be banned and then start doing blatant things in order to force his ban.  I did spot one spambot and point it out, but didn't know what became of it and wouldn't be surprised to learn that it had been banned.

2 hours ago, Link said:

It is? Where?

Hey now, I never said it was perfect! You can just find a lot more consolidated information here than on NA where it was scattered in hundreds of threads. There are some really awesome collecting guides here, you just have to navigate to them or search for them. See this for a start:

1 hour ago, darkchylde28 said:

The only one that comes to mind for me is the guy who was a great user, seemed to totally unrelated get on medical marijuana, then like a week later come on and basically demand to be banned and then start doing blatant things in order to force his ban. 

Was that Loxx? I got along with him pretty well on NA, but he definitely had some issues. Like, lots of issues. Hope his life is sorted out.

There was also the guy who got an eyeroll smiley from I think Hammerfestus, and proceeded to go on a jihad about it. Like, went into people's profiles and spammed eyerolls on their last dozen posts if they said one word about what he was doing. He was given like twenty chances to let it go in the thread, and he just wouldn't stop. Some people are just outright psychos.

edit: Nice one, @OptOut 😄

Edited by Tulpa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

And I don't believe he was ever banned.

It was another member. The member I was talking mainly (or just) posted VGA graded Konami games. And with my time there limited, I cannot remember when he was banned. But I do think he had, at one point, posted a VGA graded copy of Jackal. And possibly had posted multiple copies of Simon's Quest. 🤔

I'd like to state for the record that I'm happy that NA died a fiery death and from the ashes has risen VGS

I feel bad for all the BS the people and mods had to go through at the end, for that I'm sorry.

But I'm thankful there were people who knew what they were doing and started VGS. For that I'm forever grateful. 💞

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FenrirZero said:

It was another member. The member I was talking mainly (or just) posted VGA graded Konami games. And with my time there limited, I cannot remember when he was banned. But I do think he had, at one point, posted a VGA graded copy of Jackal. And possibly had posted multiple copies of Simon's Quest. 🤔

I can't remember who that could be. But I also wasn't paying much attention to graded game discussions, either.