IGNORED

What happened to nintendoage?

I was a relatively new member on NA so its demise probably hadn’t hit me as hard as some on here. Though from a casual observation, people tend to focus only on Dain’s sudden departure and sellout, and the takeover from GoCollect. There were other coincidences around the time when NA was spiraling out of control:

- the rise of WATA

- issues surrounding the delays of WATA grading, creating some unhappy atmosphere on NA (from my observation)

- some new comic collectors jumping on board

- talks on Pedigrees in video game grading; “Carolina collection” ruffled a few feathers.

—————

Personally, I don’t think it’s necessarily any one factor that caused the forum degradation, but all the factors in the above and perhaps more hidden issues. I also think this is just the evolution of the collecting scene, things will just continue to evolve, with change looking to be the only constant.

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

I'm ignorant, is this archive something that the buyer of NA could have taken down or is this independent of that?

I'm pretty confident he puts about the same amount of thought and energy into what happens with NA as a dump that he took last month. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, MegaMan52 said:

I know this topic hasn't gotten any posts for over a year, but I was wondering if anyone knew that NintendoAge has been (properly) archived?

http://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/index.html

I always check there first when looking for old NA info but huge chunks are missing.  You can't really get more than 10 pages deep in any of the forums.  If the Archive doesn't have it then I wade through gocollect morass.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

I know this topic hasn't gotten any posts for over a year, but I was wondering if anyone knew that NintendoAge has been (properly) archived?

http://archive.nes.science/nintendoage-forums/nintendoage.com/forum/index.html

Wow nice. Just a ridiculous amount of info on that site that I assumed was lost forever. 

Edit: guess most of it is still lost?😭

Edited by babywuchki

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was happy I didn't have to go there anymore. I called out a scammer for printing a limited run of games and after they all sold, they sold more. Apparently I was the only one upset about the scam and everyone else thought it was okay and I got banned. You weren't allowed to express any opinions there that weren't shared by the moderators and it was really frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I was happy I didn't have to go there anymore. I called out a scammer for printing a limited run of games and after they all sold, they sold more. Apparently I was the only one upset about the scam and everyone else thought it was okay and I got banned. You weren't allowed to express any opinions there that weren't shared by the moderators and it was really frustrating.

Are you sure that's why you got banned?   What was your name on there?

Moderator · Posted
10 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I’ve been lead to believe that you just show up to a yard sale and Stadium Events like fall from the sky onto you before the shit hit the fan

I think the Stadium Events and the fan post-shit collision were part of a package deal at that sale.

• Haha 3

I'd never heard of NA until googling 'custom video game posters for sale' and pulled up an NA FS post 10+ years ago. After that, I always had the FS/FO shortcut link on my phone & work computer until it's unfortunately end, tallying up over 100 transactions. Collecting became alot less fun without the NA marketplace. 😭

I saw @LaC post about his upcoming book and I knew I recognized the name, but couldn't place it. After thinking about it for a while, I am pretty sure he was the one I bought the custom posters from that introduced me to the community! I'm also pretty sure selling a box of Atari 2600 stuff to @captmorgandrinker was my last transaction. Good times man, good times.......

• Agree 1