IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Of all the dumb shit to get stuck on... I can't get the timing so far after a dozen tries with little to no improvement on this gold chozo warrior thing in Dread.  I know I'm at the end of the game, the last one of those punks, and I'm feeling demoralized at this rate enough to just kind of not care.  I mean I do, but I have a pile of other less controller tossing rage out actually fun games to get to still. 😕   LRG Doom Collection arrived a day or two ago, and well...there's others and that's Switch (not getting into any other system.)

On 10/29/2021 at 8:22 PM, Tanooki said:

That's the tecmo bowl clone people were losing their minds over being so good awhile back isn't it?  I saw that LRG got a run of #DRIVE for sale too which up until Switch was only an ios/android release.  I grabbed it out of curiosity, I think refined for a non pay as you go format it could be fantastic given how it works.  On mobile it's a very slow grind unless you pay, and touch controls just never cut it either.

It is.  I’m hoping they refine Retro Bowl somewhat as well.  Mostly optimize it where you don’t have to pay to advance things, or speed up said advancement.  

motion controls aren’t really my thing, so a controller will be nice.

Right now the game plays a lot like Great Football for the SMS as in you only play offense.  So, it’ll be interesting to see if defense will be added.

17 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Of all the dumb shit to get stuck on... I can't get the timing so far after a dozen tries with little to no improvement on this gold chozo warrior thing in Dread.  I know I'm at the end of the game, the last one of those punks, and I'm feeling demoralized at this rate enough to just kind of not care. 

The last Chozo warrior that you fight before the final boss is REALLY hard

@Lago I could see that with the pay bit.  I'm not a football fan so I didn't buy it but I've watched/read up on it after seeing people make the comparison and it seemed to fit.  I do agree motion controls seem really dumb on a game like that.  I vaguely remember Great Football, never really tried it because...

@phart010 Yup that's the one, the big gold bastard with a tiny window to hit the dude, and I got fairly good at that, but I can't seem to deal with the puking black spew part in the least bit as it seems each hit kills like 1/3 of your health at least and I've got like 6-7 E tanks normally one would have by now.  If it had a little more grace for being slapped around I could handle it like the others.  I don't want to like hate the game, so I'm torn between getting more pissed off at it, or just letting it go being satisfied I got to the end but not seeing the end (short of youtube.)  I feel I got my monies worth at this point considering I didn't do some 5 hour speed run of it as I like to explore as one should.

I've got off the top of my head to work on with Switch alone: Doom Collection(semi-optional, not like I haven't before), Golf Story, Grandia HD (only ever did 2 on DC), Bloodstained is only into the twin towers, Dragon Quest 11 I never got deep into sadly, Immortals was life sucking fun but put that down like 60% into it, the Links Awakening port is largely unfinished, never finished Let's go Pikachu either, and then the Mario's (Odyssey I got apathetically bored with due to moons being so handed out, 3D Land being a re-run I've not really done at all, and AllStars was a fluff buy to pick at as they're all re-runs.)

I'd probably prioritize the unfinished non-rerun stuff. 🙂  And that's just Switch, got plenty of GB to GBA to pick away at still, some Genesis games on my Nomad, etc.  Glad I'm quitting the whole selling off stuff in a few weeks and largely buying unless I will play it'll give me more time.

This is most definitely an adults only game wherein you can put your naughty bits in places they likely don't belong.   Seems to be quite humorous.

I think the only place you can get it is through Play Asia.  (Don't forget the switchmania code whereby you get 5% off - not much but every little bit helps.)

Edited by Tabonga

I put down Metroid Dread for now, don't want to end up doing something I may regret.  I fired up that Doom Collection, the two old ones work great.  Doom 3, not so much, really needs a mouse as it's just a slower all around aiming experience and very hard to aim too so you get a lot of stupid cheap hits pumped into you which is a shame.  I'm not dying, but I had feared as much so played it on easy and it's still soaking up a lot.  It's a nice package, but I'll go between stuff, so I decided to pop in Golf Story probably re-start that from where I had it, or just restart it entirely having not touched it in like what 2 years whenever it came out.

I went to the shelf and partly slid forward some choices to hit now/next and there's Doom sure, but also Golf Story, Grandia, DQ11S, Mario 3D World, Zelda LA, Bloodstained, and I totally forgot about Panzer Dragoon and New Pokemon Snap too.

Edited by Tanooki

On 10/27/2021 at 8:12 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

So it's been a little over a week since I said we MIGHT hit 1000 by the end of the year. But after going through and updating what titles are upcoming and such, we're going to hit 1000 by Thanksgiving. Which is insane. We're at 986 right now and have 20 games slated for release before Thanksgiving. Generally the release dates don't change too much when your within a month of release. So with the way this keeps chugging along it's not out of the question to hit 1500 by end of life (my totally pulled out of my ass guess) in 2023

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 1:56 PM, bowser said:

So the new Pokemon Switch Lite is still available to buy on Best Buy and Amazon. I haven't checked other retailers. Does this mean Nintendo produced a lot of stock or consumers just aren't very interested in it?

Hard to say. The Lite has not been a big seller. But Nintendo has also been good about meeting demand lately.

12 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

So it's been a little over a week since I said we MIGHT hit 1000 by the end of the year. But after going through and updating what titles are upcoming and such, we're going to hit 1000 by Thanksgiving. Which is insane. We're at 986 right now and have 20 games slated for release before Thanksgiving. Generally the release dates don't change too much when your within a month of release. So with the way this keeps chugging along it's not out of the question to hit 1500 by end of life (my totally pulled out of my ass guess) in 2023

It’s within shooting distance now of the 1200+ Which is the highest NA console (Wii) which at the current pace should happen July/August of next year. 1500 is probably a safe guess. I don’t think the switch goes past 2023. I’ve always felt the 4K version was going to be a Switch 2.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Switch Lite is not popular?  Curious to see some sales figures to back that up just how bad it could be.

The other Pokemon Switch Lite was available for months before COVID slapped the supply chain. I expected this to be the same. 

But yeah, overall I'd be surprised if anyone is really buying the Switch Lite. I hope to eventually get a couple but I can't see them having a sizable market share

Now now that's a sneaky move with target there, hah.  I'm surprised they hadn't caught on to that one, or they oddly just don't care.

Speaking of Switch stuff, something came to me earlier in the car having Netflix running for my kid coming back from one of her riding lessons as we had Pokemon running, it's the UltraSun/Moon series.  They have this episode where they strangely introduced something entirely new after like 20 years in an episode, Pokemon Golf.  It got me thinking and kind of watching what I could since I was driving, I'd pay $60 to get THAT on my Switch, not that sorry hosed up Mario Golf game they downgraded for the system.  I don't know the episode name but it's from I think the 3rd season of that set of the series.  You team up with a pokemon as you play, but also have others in the field of play that can influence for better or worse what happens.

With my over Dread at this rate I need to keep up with the Switch usage, so I'm like torn between restarting or picking up Golf Story, Grandia 1+2, Dragon Quest 11S which I never got deep into, and a few others like Bloodstained which I have on PC too, Link's Awakening (have DX), Pokemon Snap(strange trying to progress it), and Panzer Dragoon.

Of all that, if you discount remasters and ports (for me) Golf Story, DQ11, Grandia(1), and SNap are new, the rest are fun things to pick at for whatever.  Not really sure which direction to go, already trying to poke away at FF5A at the moment.  I know it feels overwhelming right now, but with me largely not buying games now with the changes going on, I'll get around to things, I'll have to.

Hi All.

I've created a summary table below of the Nintendo Switch Namco Museum options. The Wikipedia article was useless. Hope this helps others out there .

Essentially, I've used the Japanese version as the basis of comparison. 

Namcot Collection (Japan and Asia English)

Namco Museum Archive 1

Namco Museum Archive 2

Namco Museum Arcade Pac

Physical Cart and DLC - (DLC only for JPN, HK & KOR)

Download Code Only in box (UK, EU, Aus)

Download Card only (EU, US)

Download Code Only in Box (EU, UK, Aus)

Download Card Only (EU, US)

Physical Cartridge (EU, UK, Aus, US)

Pac-Man

PAC-MAN

Pac-Man

Galaga

Galaga

The Tower of Druaga

The Tower of Druaga

The Tower of Druaga

Battle City

Battle City

Star Luster

Family Jockey

Yokai Dochuki

Dragon Spirit

Dragon Spirit: The New Legend

Galaga

Mendel Palace (Quinty)

Mendel Palace

Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti

Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Graffiti

Splatterhouse

Pac-Man: Championship Edition (Famicom Arrange Version)

PAC-MAN Championship Edition

Galaxian

Galaxian

Mappy

Mappy

Warpman

Pac-Land

Valkyrie no Boken: Toki no Kai Densetsu

Dragon Buster

Dragon Buster

Family Circuit

Shell Saurs Story

Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder

Rolling Thunder

Keru Naguuru

Xevious

Xevious

The Tower of Babel

Metro Cross

Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei

Family Pinball

Dig Dug

Dig-Dug

Dig Dug

Sky Kid

Sky Kid

Sky Kid

The Quest of Ki

King of Kings

Namco Classic II

Mappy-Land (Console sequel to Mappy)

Gaplus

Dig Dug II

Dragon Buster II (Yami no Fuin)

Legacy of the Wizard (Dragon Slayer IV)

Pac-Land

Super Xevious

Galaga '88 (Galaxian 3)

Pac-Man Vs.

Rolling Thunder 2

Tank Force

Pac Man Championship Edition 2 plus

Notes:

Pac-man to Pac-man CE = Physical Cart

Galaxian to Keru Naguuru = DLC 2

Xevious to NAMCO Classic II = DLC 3

Edited by GreenKoopa
  • Like 1

@GreenKoopa Nice job.  Also I'd note, the download only isn't, that is if you get it from overseas where it's on a card.  It's a nice selection too, but if you go that route, you're in, because it will NOT work with the US release so be sure to get the volumes you want from the same region.  Over there it's not a box with a piece of paper, it's a real card based copy.

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

@GreenKoopa Nice job.  Also I'd note, the download only isn't, that is if you get it from overseas where it's on a card.  It's a nice selection too, but if you go that route, you're in, because it will NOT work with the US release so be sure to get the volumes you want from the same region.  Over there it's not a box with a piece of paper, it's a real card based copy.

Just to confirm,  are you saying there a US Physical release,  with Cart, of Namco Archives Vol 1 and 2? If so, I wasnt able to find one online,  after a quick google only. 

Yes,  I can add that DLC isn't compatible with overseas Carts.