IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Just now, Skorp said:

Just a heads up if you missed on preordering Metroid Dread Special. Was able to order one on the Best Buy app. On the website, no luck at all just says please wait forever. So, try it in the app.

I just ordered one too! Looks like it went live just a little while ago. 

I heard from someone that they saw 30 copies at their local Best Buy yesterday just waiting for release day. 

After the initial "please wait" business both the special edition and the Amiibo are freely available at the moment. Moreover they are allowing to add up to 3 of each to your cart. I guess they have lots of stock.

Both items went live at midnight CST so about 1hr 15min ago as of this post.

Edited by bowser

30 minutes ago, bowser said:

After the initial "please wait" business both the special edition and the Amiibo are freely available at the moment. Moreover they are allowing to add up to 3 of each to your cart. I guess they have lots of stock.

Both items went live at midnight CST so about 1hr 15min ago as of this post.

Oh phew, I had almost forgot to order the Amiibo!

• Like 1

Huh I didn't know they did a normal old color red/blue OLED switch but I didn't look too hard at it given my system isn't broken enough yet to replace it. 😄

My old V1 has all the problems the original ones had with cracks from heat and stuff, but it still works, just ugly.  I wish I didn't know a Pro system could be a year or two out, dropping $350 for a short term thing bugs me considering I'd have a hard time selling the existing system to get much back given the physical condition of its frame.

On 10/6/2021 at 6:58 PM, Chaos Control said:

Now that Kotor has been announced for the Switch, has there been any reliable word on a physical edition? 

No, there has been no talk of a physical release, yet. I'd bet we'll eventually see one, but that hasn't yet been confirmed by anyone.

Editorials Team · Posted
26 minutes ago, Quaze said:

No, there has been no talk of a physical release, yet. I'd bet we'll eventually see one, but that hasn't yet been confirmed by anyone.

LRG in 2022: "KoToR and KoToR II will be available for preorder for $34.95 apiece"

THQ in 2023: "Here's a KoToR double pack for $29.99.  We'll drop the price in two weeks."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 3

19 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

LRG in 2022: "KoToR and KoToR II will be available for preorder for $34.95 apiece"

THQ in 2023: "Here's a KoToR double pack for $29.99.  We'll drop the price in two weeks."

#Accurate. I wish there was a list of the top 10 biggest instances of things like this happening.

11 hours ago, Quaze said:

#Accurate. I wish there was a list of the top 10 biggest instances of things like this happening.

Not just them, others do it and even more poorly.  Like those fools at SLG who make up a sales figure by a somewhat inaccurate metric and then pitch the game so called 'for sale.'  Problem is if you don't read the fine print I guess, because they'll leave it for sale for over a year if necessary if they don't clear their quota.  They wanted $40 for Cotton Reboot for Switch, I popped for it, 6-9mo later I canceled it.  Why?  Because ININ picked it up and immediately packaged the identical game, box art etc just with their logo vs SLGs on it and for $30 ($10 LESS) on amazon... no wait, and free shipping too which SLG doesn't.  Being stubbornly f'ing stupid is not a successful business model.  Cut your quota, cancel the game, ore revise your business model as that's moronic.

29 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

So what's the catch with this game?  The video seems more like this confusing box puzzle of sorts.

It seems to have a lot of exploration* and puzzles - which I like (I consider The Last Campfire to be a sleeper hit - at least for me it was). 

One of the descriptions I read says it has several modes - which include some that have lots of enemies to slice and dice.

*The dungeons in Phantasy Star II didn't annoy me a bit!

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted
5 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I don't have a switch but I really want this game. I'm guessing it's download only though? Anyone know for sure?

https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/the-legend-of-tianding-switch/

Should I choose to buy a switch just for this game, what sort of model should I get?

It looks really interesting! Thanks for sharing

Also available on Steam in case you don't have a Switch:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1406850/The_Legend_of_Tianding/

I'd recommend buying a Switch because Switch is awesome and there tons of great games, including many download-only, but if you don't wanna buy a switch, Steam is nice for an option.

I don't see any mention of a physical option.  Personally, that isn't an issue for me, but I know for some that can be a dealbreaker.

Either way, looks cool and I may pick it up!

• Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted
28 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

I don't have a switch but I really want this game. I'm guessing it's download only though? Anyone know for sure?

Should I choose to buy a switch just for this game, what sort of model should I get?

A physical release would most likely depend on the developers striking a deal with someone like Limited Run Games or EastAsiaSoft.  The bigger the splash an Indy title makes, the more likely that is to happen.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, fcgamer said:

That looks fantastic, and spacepup hit any comment I would have gone into had I caught it first.  Steam has it, you have a PC right?  But despite having longer term control of installation through them on many OS's/PCs over time, the Switch likely would be more fun and worth having due to the portability factor especially where you are.  You should get one, they're getting cheap now due to the v2 then OLED models, especially second hand.

Also seems there's more to this games story CGCG is a Taiwan based production company it appears for various media (more tv/movie it seems) when I did a fast search.  The premise of that game looks awesome, like some of those old kung fu movies (Jackie Chan, etc) I've seen where they have the local kung fu studios/students dump on the jackass aggressors which makes for great watching.

On 10/27/2021 at 6:12 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Amazing list!  Counting just North America releases, the Wii had the biggest set of any Nintendo System so far with roughly 1240 releases.  How long before Switch passes that?  My guess this time next year for sure.  Switch really shows no sign of slowing down with system sales.  Nintendo hasn't even hinted at a successor, so I'm guessing Switch will be the main system for Nintendo until atleast 2023/24.  It's going to be a huge set.  

Editorials Team · Posted
On 10/27/2021 at 6:12 PM, LeatherRebel5150 said:

You can add the GTA trilogy, Atelier Sophie 2, Dynasty Warriors Empires 9, and God knows what else

12 hours ago, Lago said:

Retro Bowl is going to get a release on the Switch!  I’m hoping it gets a physical release.  It may be the first digital game I intentionally purchase for Switch depending on price point.

That's the tecmo bowl clone people were losing their minds over being so good awhile back isn't it?  I saw that LRG got a run of #DRIVE for sale too which up until Switch was only an ios/android release.  I grabbed it out of curiosity, I think refined for a non pay as you go format it could be fantastic given how it works.  On mobile it's a very slow grind unless you pay, and touch controls just never cut it either.