IGNORED

The Switch Thread

Just now, avatar! said:

Well, if you get a PS5 you can play it too 🙂

Hah yeah well, same there.  As long as it has been out I have not seen one exclusive game to justify buying it either, let alone putting up with the scalping trolls.  I'm just a Switch+PC and handheld (evercade, etc) player now.  I find less systems in a generation is better.

Social Team · Posted
20 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Finally got my dream peripheral at retail price (+ international shipping)

1030F447-8A71-4399-8568-4E61DB459186.jpeg

This is for the train simulators right?  I will be getting the PS4 VR version of a train simulator so maybe I'll end up like you and get a fancy controller that goes with one type of game.

3 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

This is for the train simulators right?  I will be getting the PS4 VR version of a train simulator so maybe I'll end up like you and get a fancy controller that goes with one type of game.

Like Tanooki said it’s only for Densha de Go, I don’t think it works with Tokyo Rail Sim but I will try it

I'm tempted, have the cash on hand.  Something about it really grabs me, and that something is the time period and the way the whole structure of the game works start to end on mechanics.  it's not another tired ass boring re-run like SnS was a few years back.  This one isn't just like ultrasun/moon fresh but really fresh.  It's not just taking away the overly re-ran boring as hell wash rinse repeat gym battle junk with a thin story to barely tie it together.  It went like US/M did, multi-layer story, no stupid gyms, but further yet, no trainers either...and further beyond that, it's live!  I like the idea of not being just stuck, the capture mechanic is different, largely much of it is.  It looks like a re-start almost of the style (I know it won't be, they're too scared to update it as dramatically as Zelda BOTW did to its vast benefit.)

My only issue is time... I got a stack of evercade carts, some recent gamecube finds in the last week, random other goodies including some holiday period Switch presents that need teasing along with two LRG games that popped up in a box days ago too.  I know if I jump to this it would get most my attention.

10 hours ago, Aguy said:

Anyone getting Pokemon Legends Arceus tonight/tomorrow? My Gamestop is having a 9pm release for preorders.

Currently? Nope. Not only am I broke until the start of February, I am really hoping they will have a sale because I am itching to finally beat Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. 😅

Speaking of lists... How come nobody here has noticed, or even has noted, this error? 😅

On 10/22/2019 at 4:51 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Dragon's Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age

There is a "'s" incorrectly added to that name. But I'll blame my enemies, the Typotubbies, on this. 🙃

Edited by FenrirZero

This is not available as a physical release but looks good:

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/review/59068/ruined-king-a-league-of-legends-story-switch-review

There was a nice collector's edition released - the scalpers are already trying to make money on it but there are a limited number of copies still available from the publisher:

I quietly grabbed Arceus, haven't played it much yet but I can't get left alone long enough yet to bother.  Cleared the opening, got into the clothes you see in the box art, and ready to go back out into the open and see what happens.  I'm a little confused by some of the controls though still, it's a bit wonky trying to either 'Go' style throw a ball vs wanting to actually pick a fight to wear one down.  It seems strange it's very fiddly, a test of sorts getting your first group of them in the wild teaches you mechanics, but I'd do what it said about throwing in the wild when you have a pokemon in your team, but it kept picking a stupid fight, not really sure why.  I got around it, but it was just weird.

So are any of you digging into Pokemon Legends Arceus?  I've been picking away at it a bit every few days for an hour here two there so not super far.  I'm close to a 3rd star on that thing, finding a few helper side quests confusing to figure out, others are pretty straight forward.  I did the whole thing of dealing with the 2 special regional pokemon so far, the 2nd where you have to calm it.  I need to return to town to speak with the commander of the group to move along.

I really thing this is one beautiful game both in the story/depth of it, and visuals.  The gameplay changes are big and small, very welcome, and very fun to deal with too.  The light touch of crafting is nice, not heavy handed with breakables like AC does annoyingly, just nice little things to create useful tools.  It's nice being able to observe, catch, or battle to win/catch stuff and not having to be endlessly boringly trolled to death by asinine trainer battles, wash rinse kill me now repeat gym battles too.  This is something the franchise has needed for a long time now, much like how breath of the wild really revitalized the fun of the zelda franchise taking it out of repetition hell too.

13 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

So are any of you digging into Pokemon Legends Arceus?  

I rented it for the launch weekend, put about 5 hours it and got my third star and made it to the first mount before taking it back. I agree with everything you said. I really enjoyed it and have been thinking about it all week. I'm definitely picking it back up first time it goes on sale 

• Agree 1