IGNORED

The Switch Thread

On 8/9/2021 at 7:47 PM, Skorp said:

Let me say collecting for the Switch has become pretty crazy with so many games already going for over $100 and are not even limited runs. Like if you told me my new Ultra Street Fighter 2 can sell for $150 now, I'd call you a nut. Good luck to you all full-set collectors for the future.

That is insane. I have an extra sealed copy of it because I accidentally bought it twice.

21 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

That is insane. I have an extra sealed copy of it because I accidentally bought it twice.

Yeah, it's mostly from what I found, it being a Switch exclusive and since it is out of print, it's been starting to climb in price. If it wasn't Switch exclusive, it would probably not hold interest since it really isn't anything special.

Tomorrow is preorders for Mary Skelter Finale Collectors.

https://www.iffysonlinestore.com/mary-skelter-finale-LE/

Another one that looks like it will climb in price is Diablo III.

Edited by Skorp

I just preordered the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl double pack from Best Buy. This will be my first Pokémon game experience. I got it for 10% off due to my BB Rewards birthday coupon. 

I always felt like Pokémon and Power Rangers were two popular 90s things that came when I was a little too old for them so I wrote them both off. I figured these games would be a good opportunity to give the series a chance.

• Like 2

It's a generation I skipped, so for what it's worth I hope whatever they did (mechanics wise) to upgrade this from the DS era it turns out amazing.

I'm considering that and the open world one even more, just don't see a value in a preorder since it'll in some form be everywhere, millions of them.  Given the weird poor turn in not just people whining about visuals or the incomplete pokedex it has, but Shield/Sword weren't very good so you're  better off with this.

4 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

It's a generation I skipped, so for what it's worth I hope whatever they did (mechanics wise) to upgrade this from the DS era it turns out amazing.

I'm considering that and the open world one even more, just don't see a value in a preorder since it'll in some form be everywhere, millions of them.  Given the weird poor turn in not just people whining about visuals or the incomplete pokedex it has, but Shield/Sword weren't very good so you're  better off with this.

I mainly preordered it for the 10% off.

Just now, ICrappedMyPants said:

I mainly preordered it for the 10% off.

If that's perhaps the only reason, why not just buy it from walmart?  On a $60 game they sell any of those for $50, and it's scaled back on the percentage off as they MSRP cheaper.  I was considering skyward sword shortly ago, but it was $60, saw no reason to waste $10 😄

8 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

If that's perhaps the only reason, why not just buy it from walmart?  On a $60 game they sell any of those for $50, and it's scaled back on the percentage off as they MSRP cheaper.  I was considering skyward sword shortly ago, but it was $60, saw no reason to waste $10 😄

Would that include the bundle? The bundle isn’t just two separate cases. It comes in a box. Anyway, the preorder doesn’t hit my card until I pick it up.

Honestly I'm not sure, I'd check with them.  Walmart does get like the 2 pokemon games/one box thing like Sword/Shield got so it's possible.  They'd of course take the same 17~% or whatever it is off from the 60->50 drop.  It's more than 10% which is $6 off.

Pokemon Center dot com says your bundle costs $120 and has those extras.  Figuring 10% off would be $12 less($108), 17% would drop it to between $99-100.

• Thanks 1

Editorials Team · Posted
On 9/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, ICrappedMyPants said:

I just preordered the Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl double pack from Best Buy. This will be my first Pokémon game experience. I got it for 10% off due to my BB Rewards birthday coupon. 

I always felt like Pokémon and Power Rangers were two popular 90s things that came when I was a little too old for them so I wrote them both off. I figured these games would be a good opportunity to give the series a chance.

Sounds like you need to cancel that and get SMT V instead 😅

Pulled the trigger on the No More Heroes “Killion Dollar Trilogy” from Amazon japan this week. I have a lot of nostalgia for the Wii era (and everything before it made by Nintendo), so I figured I’d regret passing on it after not buying the LRG versions of NMH1 and NMH2.

Also looking forward to the Monkey Ball collection next month. Monkey target is among the best local multiplayer experiences of all time.

• Like 2

Just reached over 600 Switch games today! I probably have around 700 though if you include other regions, which I am not really tracking just getting what I like. Once I organize the collection I'll post pics. It's been a wild ride so far. Today's pickup was Sonic Colors so I'll be happy to pop that in over the weekend.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

• 2 weeks later...