IGNORED

The Switch Thread

I’m so hyped for bayonetta 3 but I found the reveal trailer a little meh. I’ll still buy it day 1 because I’m a huge fan but hoping we see some more. 

The extra subscription for N64/MD games is rubbish but I’m still bitter because I have so many of the games on the Wii VC. I’ll never let them off for that.

Switch graphics are also definitely starting to show their age now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
15 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I'll pay a premium to finally get to Paper Mario and company.  Better than using an actual N64.

I mean, I'm gonna most likely buy it for game night alone as long as it's not astronomical, which I doubt it will be.  I just would rather play things like paper mario and buck bumble and things like that on og, just my thoughts as I like the n64 lol

• Like 1

Just a heads up. Best Buy has the Cabela's The Hunt bundle on clearance for $15. This DOES NOT include a physical copy of the game, but as we all know, these type of big box items get really cheap on clearance and then super expensive later on due to their size.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cabelas-the-hunt-championship-edition-bundle-nintendo-switch/6315215.p?skuId=6315215

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
32 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I think Nintendo's current barebones online service is already pushing the limits of "value." I'm certainly not paying more money to access a bunch of bad ports with input lag. If NSO wasn't required for Cloud saves, I wouldn't even pay for it now.

I mean, if it's $25 (or a $5 increase) a year, that's like one night out at the pub.  And what is a Paper Mario playthrough worth to me.  $5?  $10?  I've paid more for less.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Events Helper · Posted
53 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I think Nintendo's current barebones online service is already pushing the limits of "value." I'm certainly not paying more money to access a bunch of bad ports with input lag. If NSO wasn't required for Cloud saves, I wouldn't even pay for it now.

I mean, if it wasn't for game nights I wouldn't have a switch at all lol.  That said, I do like some of the single player games, but it's more about online for me as I don't play that much outside game night.

50 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Just a heads up. Best Buy has the Cabela's The Hunt bundle on clearance for $15. This DOES NOT include a physical copy of the game, but as we all know, these type of big box items get really cheap on clearance and then super expensive later on due to their size.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cabelas-the-hunt-championship-edition-bundle-nintendo-switch/6315215.p?skuId=6315215

That's just odd.  These used to come with the physical game, then Gamestop cleared that version out for $20.

33 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I mean, if it's $25 (or a $5 increase) a year, that's like one night out at the pub.  And what is a Paper Mario playthrough worth to me.  $5?  $10?  I've paid more for less.

I think Nintendo was smart about pricing NSO and I can see the value being there for others. I just don't think the barebones emulation is worth the money when there are other ways to play these games. They do get me with the cloud saves though. It's nice to be able to move saves between multiple Switches.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

That's just odd.  These used to come with the physical game, then Gamestop cleared that version out for $20.

I found the EU version with a physical copy, but I couldn't find an NA version. I did confirm there is a physical NA version of the game on eBay, but couldn't find any real pics of this packaging.

Maybe this is due to better consumer protection laws in the EU requiring a physical copy?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas-the-hunt-championship-edition-hunting-game-bundle-for-nintendo-switch

Edited by DoctorEncore

Looking forward to Kirby and the Forgotten Land. Looks like it's going to be fully 3D, similar to Kirby Air Ride.

I'm not too excited about the N64 games, since I prefer playing the majority of my games using their original systems. That being said I'm glad N64 games are coming to Switch, because I'd love to play N64 games on a future game night.

Also, while watching the Direct, I noticed something about Mario Party Superstars that I wasn't expecting. I thought the game was only going to have Boards and Mini-Games from Mario Party 1-3, but I think I noticed some Mini-Games from Mario Party 5 and 6 as well (Leaf Leap and Rocky Road).

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I think it is a harder sell if you have stuff like Xbox game pass, Sony online etc where they actually give you good value for your money. Nintendo’s online service is garbage and gives very little even at the cheap price.

Makes sense for you to pay an extra $5 or whatever it will be to play paper Mario. Makes zero sense to me to give my money to Nintendo over MS where I can have a better experience and get better value.

Editorials Team · Posted
20 minutes ago, Shmup said:

I think it is a harder sell if you have stuff like Xbox game pass, Sony online etc where they actually give you good value for your money. Nintendo’s online service is garbage and gives very little even at the cheap price.

Makes sense for you to pay an extra $5 or whatever it will be to play paper Mario. Makes zero sense to me to give my money to Nintendo over MS where I can have a better experience and get better value.

True.  If XBOX games A-Z were a higher priority for my time, it would make sense that that is where my money and energy would go.  Ditto if I had 100 games sitting in a Steam backlog that I had already purchased.  Or if I prioritized the 500 games I already own over those titles.

It just so happens that there a number of N64 games I'd like to finally play - sooner than later - but I put off because of hardware (controller) problems.  This solves for that.

• Like 2

Editorials Team · Posted

If we're just strictly talking value, dollars-wise, all of the above are ridiculously good deals.  I'm still used to an era where you got a few games a year, and you'd be lucky to find good games for $19.99 or $9.99.

Now we are literally flooded in quality product that costs much less, despite inflation.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

If we're just strictly talking value, dollars-wise, all of the above are ridiculously good deals.  I'm still used to an era where you got a few games a year, and you'd be lucky to find good games for $19.99 or $9.99.

Now we are literally flooded in quality product that costs much less, despite inflation.

Can you imagine being a kid today?

"Which one of these 200 games on Game Pass should I play today?"

Damn kids and their technology.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Can you imagine being a kid today?

"Which one of these 200 games on Game Pass should I play today?"

Damn kids and their technology.

I knew some kids back in the day that only received one game at a time and they were told they had to beat that game before they could get another one. Sometimes they would get a game that was too hard and they would be stuck with it for months and months. Child abuse, but yeah imagine that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Events Team · Posted
21 hours ago, croagunk said:

I wish they would do Virtual Boy so much. They really missed out on a great opportunity with the 3DS. I know the Switch isn’t capable of 3D, but I’d settle for 2D.

Completely agree.  I initially bought into the 3DS for the 3D classics and was so disappointed it didn't pan out beyond the half dozen or so NES titles.  Kept waiting for the VB ports which I was 100% sure would happen. 😒

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

I knew some kids back in the day that only received one game at a time and they were told they had to beat that game before they could get another one. Sometimes they would get a game that was too hard and they would be stuck with it for months and months. Child abuse, but yeah imagine that.

One game for my birthday and one game for Christmas. This was my life.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2