IGNORED

The Switch Thread

8 hours ago, GreenKoopa said:

Just to confirm,  are you saying there a US Physical release,  with Cart, of Namco Archives Vol 1 and 2? If so, I wasnt able to find one online,  after a quick google only. 

Yes,  I can add that DLC isn't compatible with overseas Carts.

I see you're not in the US, when I meant overseas, I meant the ASIA region of carts and/or Japan.  The system has no lockout for region, so you can get a physical one out of that space for a good price.

• Like 1

Double post I guess...I'm now as of a half day ago an owner of the white OLED Switch.

The ad stuff doesn't really show it justice at all.  The screen next to the original seems larger than stated on the site, it really does fill out the space more, and you can see the difference in panel style easily.  The speakers got a large upgrade in quality, that surprised me, they're far more clear and audible too.  The stand in the back, wow...dumb they didn't do that in the first place.  The system is obviously much heavier, and I can see why as the new shell they designed is thicker, tougher, just better assembled and filled out which was so needed.  Very happy to have this thing, even got my stuff back on there really fast as I pulled out my spare network cable (router had a free port) and hardwired it in there which clicked them off faster than wifi would.

Yesterday I started picking away again at the Switch after a few days off from Metroid and went back to one I hadn't touched in a long time, Golf Story.  BEtween then, today on the system, got it up to where kicked the crap out of 1/2 the courses in the game and pushed it to the snow area.  Then I decided to grab a couple RPGs, almost fired up Grandia, but got curious about where I had left DQ11S.  Nice of them to detail reminders, just put some hours on that one clearing the princes horse race (I told you I never got far) then took out the entire rest of the stuff in the area and pushed it up to the quest to help the cursed speechless kid in the port town.  I'm thinking I'll keep popping away at this game, it's nice, looking at the IGN faq I went from early chapter 5 into middle of 6 and they lits 11 chapters so that's not bad.

Edited by Tanooki

5 hours ago, 11strings said:

You're still counting a lot of games that  haven't released (preorders) yet. 

When I began this, I counted limited print games that have an open pre-order window but have not shown up physically yet. The reason for this is that it does not work like a general retail preorder. 

In a normal preorder, you buy the game ahead of time for whatever reason. But if you didn’t, you could still go out and get it off the shelf somewhere. . The game has a specific day it hits shelves and there it remains until it is out of print and out of stock. You can go get Metroid Dread from a retailer right now if you didn’t preorder it. 

However, you can’t do that with limited print games. The preorder window IS the retail window. It acts as the release date because that’s when it’s available to purchase. Once that window is over it is effectively out of print and out of stock. Whether or not it’s physically in your hands is meaningless because you don’t get another chance to buy that game from the “store” its all second hand sales after that. 

Now that being said I don’t list limited print companies games that are new and haven’t produced games yet or have shady practices because they could in theory they could just up and disappear and never deliver. I did this with Premium Edition Games when they started, but now they have delivered their first round of games. So they have proven “trustworthy” and likely to deliver in the future. On the other hand I don’t list Dispatch Games anymore for reasons you can google.

I know some games from LRG go to Best Buy. So they have an actual retail presence. I justify this with they are variants and also come after the initial order window of the LRG version. 

Regardless of my reasoning. It’s my list, I  share it as a courtesy, anyone who disagrees or doesn’t like my methods are free to make and share their own

• Like 1

What about the case where the scum at SLG take so long the game takes a year or two to arrive, so another company swoops in and sells the game at retail out from under them and for a lower price.  Example... Cotton Reboot ININ picked up.  They've got quite a few others they've picked off from that kind of delay and switch preorder scam too.  In that case you really have a variant being two different publishers.

30 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

What about the case where the scum at SLG take so long the game takes a year or two to arrive, so another company swoops in and sells the game at retail out from under them and for a lower price.  Example... Cotton Reboot ININ picked up.  They've got quite a few others they've picked off from that kind of delay and switch preorder scam too.  In that case you really have a variant being two different publishers.

SLG isn’t something I track. I only track US games so what SLG does is irrelevant to me.

• Like 1

Good I wouldn't, they seem pretty internationally disreputable with their sales antics.  Taking money, then not delivering for a year plus because a quota wasn't filled with no updates, notifications, or anything is quite frankly disgusting.

But that said, LRG isn't overseas and recently their bundled up goodies for Star Wars games are being re-released for a same(or better?) price in the last few weeks now at retail.

Edited by Tanooki

On 11/18/2021 at 1:06 AM, 11strings said:

You're still counting a lot of games that  haven't released (preorders) yet. 

Even without the counting the limited print companies the “actual” release number is 996 (including re-releases with different content on the cart). Therefore, that tells me a few games are missing from @LeatherRebel5150 list. 

3 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

Even without the counting the limited print companies the “actual” release number is 996 (including re-releases with different content on the cart). Therefore, that tells me a few games are missing from @LeatherRebel5150 list. 

Could you give an example? Are we talking version 1.2 vs 1.0 on a cart or do you mean something else?

38 minutes ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Could you give an example? Are we talking version 1.2 vs 1.0 on a cart or do you mean something else?

A Re-release for me is something has has more content on the cart such as Attack on Titan 2 vs Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle or Blasphemous (LRG) vs Blasphemous Deluxe (Retail) or G.I. Joe vs G.I. Joe Gold or Race with Ryan vs Race with Ryan Deluxe. All different cart labels. Not version 1.0 to 1.2 

There are about 25+ such games

14 hours ago, Tanooki said:

i fell for SLG's tactic on Bubble Bobble 4. preordered it through them because i thought it was exclusive. Found it at retail locations over 6 months before i got my "preorder" copy. Won't be ordering from them again. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i fell for SLG's tactic on Bubble Bobble 4. preordered it through them because i thought it was exclusive. Found it at retail locations over 6 months before i got my "preorder" copy. Won't be ordering from them again. 

Same. I preordered the Switch version in November/December of 2019 and haven't bought anything from them since.

Edited by MegaMan52

6 hours ago, Mr. CIB said:

A Re-release for me is something has has more content on the cart such as Attack on Titan 2 vs Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle or Blasphemous (LRG) vs Blasphemous Deluxe (Retail) or G.I. Joe vs G.I. Joe Gold or Race with Ryan vs Race with Ryan Deluxe. All different cart labels. Not version 1.0 to 1.2 

Ah I see what your saying, I thought I had at least some of them. But then again Im sure there are some missing or I might have them listed as a Variant if I do. I’ll have to look into it more. Now do some of the 25+ you mention also take into consideration things like Rocket League that had Collectors and Ultimate variations where *I think* the extra stuff was just on a download code? 

Could some of these things be akin to “greatest hits” versions of games?

8 hours ago, twiztor said:

It's kind of sad admittedly, but after how long they held my money until I caught on to better priced domestic releases after demanding my money back, after I had it, I had lost interest in buying Cotton as it sucked my cares out of bothering sadly.  I do at least have the old game both on the Sega Astro City and also access with flash kits on NGPC and Super Famicom too even if obviously more got added.

I think the best advice really people should pick up on, don't give SLG money until they change their crappy sales tactics or they fail, either works.

8 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Ah I see what your saying, I thought I had at least some of them. But then again Im sure there are some missing or I might have them listed as a Variant if I do. I’ll have to look into it more. Now do some of the 25+ you mention also take into consideration things like Rocket League that had Collectors and Ultimate variations where *I think* the extra stuff was just on a download code? 

Could some of these things be akin to “greatest hits” versions of games?

I don't count Rocket league or the Gold edition of Mario Rabbids because the cart is the same with download code as you mentioned. 

None of them could be greatest hits imo only because its not marketed as such. In most cases its additional DLC thats on the cart, title changes in some and changes in publishers.

• Thanks 1

On 11/19/2021 at 6:46 AM, Mr. CIB said:

So I looked through the ones you mentioned here and AoT and Race with Ryan I already had listed, the others I had listed as variants, but do you have a list of the others your talking about because I don't even know where to begin in order to find them.

@LeatherRebel5150 Going off the top off my head since I’m not in front of my list 

Bubble Bobble 4 vs Bubble Bobble 4: the baron is back

Dead Cells (has 2) vs  Dead Cells GoTY and Dead Cells Prison Edition 

Harvest Moon Light Of Hope vs Harvest Moon Light Of Hope Complete Edition 

overcooked vs overcooked + overcooked 2 

Pokemon shield vs Pokemon Shield with Expansion Pack 

Pokemon sword vs Pokemon sword with Expansion Pack

power rangers (LRG) vs power rangers super edition vs power rangers collectors edition (not the LRG CE)

Streets of rage 4 vs streets of rage anniversary edition 

warriors orochi 4 vs warriors orochi 4 ultimate 

there are a few more. I’ll pm when I get to the list. My approach was similar to NES collecting for example, SMB vs SMB/Duck was consider two different releases. 

The games with codes in the box but different covers are cover variants to me like blades of steel silver box vs red box 

Edited by Mr. CIB
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

The problem is lumping several categories of cart types under one list, when they (mostly) should be listed separately:

- Unique Games

- Re-Releases w/ Updated Cart (Streets of Rage, Star Wars Combo packs, Pokemon Shield + Expansion)

- Re-Releases with exact same cart, but DLC included in case. (Ultimate Trine 4, Gear Club Porsche, Costco Mario Rabbids etc.)

- Unique games release only as Code in a Box (Fortnite, Call of Juarez, Pure Pool, etc.)

That's not counting variant covers, collector's editions, re-releases of a unique game cart as a code in a box (like Borderlands, The Escapists 2, MK11) re-releases of out of print/limited games (Gris, Hot Line Miami, Yonder: The Cloud Catcher, etc.) and, god forbid, preorders. lol

• Like 1

On 11/18/2021 at 11:30 PM, Mr. CIB said:

I've got 963 unique + 33 re-releases + 30 code in a box on my list for ESRB. So our total number is the same.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 11strings said:

The problem is lumping several categories of cart types under one list, when they (mostly) should be listed separately:

- Unique Games

- Re-Releases w/ Updated Cart (Streets of Rage, Star Wars Combo packs, Pokemon Shield + Expansion)

- Re-Releases with exact same cart, but DLC included in case. (Ultimate Trine 4, Gear Club Porsche, Costco Mario Rabbids etc.)

- Unique games release only as Code in a Box (Fortnite, Call of Juarez, Pure Pool, etc.)

That's not counting variant covers, collector's editions, re-releases of a unique game cart as a code in a box (like Borderlands, The Escapists 2, MK11) re-releases of out of print/limited games (Gris, Hot Line Miami, Yonder: The Cloud Catcher, etc.) and, god forbid, preorders. lol

Some of what you list would just be variants, not really any different of 3 screw vs 5 screw NES games. While yes some would be unique releases and I admittedly should list them separately if I haven't already (ie Pokemon+pass)

But those code in the box games, can eat a phat one. Those are just eshop games. I'll fight someone over that!!!!!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3