IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

I am just wondering how comfortable it is going to be to use. I have been wanting a good handheld solution for GB/GBC/GBA. Have been thinking of a GBA SP or original and modding it with an IPS screen. Not sure if i should go this route or the FPGA pocket?

I already have a GB player with component cables and GBI. Doesn't get much better on a PVM for GB on a TV. Of course an HDMI solution would be great, i just don't play enough as it is on a TV so the dock might be a pass for me. 

Have some thinking to do lol 

• Like 1

The Dock is the biggest draw for me. Pixel perfect, consolized system that trumps both the clunky Game Boy Player/Swiss combo, and the GBA Consolizer.
Not to mention the possibility of all the other cores developed by fans. With a jailbreak, this might be a device much like Mister, but without the need for constant updates and tinkering. Why anyone would pass up the Dock on this is a mystery to me, but oh well, I guess I kinda get it as it might be considered pricey. 
Anyhow, It's potentially an all-in-one Analogue console with the Dock.

it even supports 2.4G controllers...! Virtually zero lag.

Edited by ifightdragons

The dock is the biggest draw for me.  I feel like I'd play it docked most often.  That case looks pretty neat too.  I'm going to pass on the adaptors, hopefully they offer them again past the preorders.  However, they've never restocked the Mega SG ones, so that seems unlikely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

The dock is the biggest draw for me.  I feel like I'd play it docked most often.  That case looks pretty neat too.  I'm going to pass on the adaptors, hopefully they offer them again past the preorders.  However, they've never restocked the Mega SG ones, so that seems unlikely.

Once the jailbreak hits, the adapters will likely not be needed anyway. I like the case too, but since I won't be carrying it around with me, I'll pass.
300 bucks + shipping is very reasonable for such a beast of an FPGA console, that will likely end up playing all the consoles Analogue already has put out.

Edited by ifightdragons
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ifightdragons said:

Once the jailbreak hits, the adapters will likely not be needed anyway.

Right, that's what I was thinking too.  The Mega SG came with the Master System one, so the only other one I'd have wanted was Game Gear, which they didn't sell separately.  By then I was content with having the Game Gear on an sd card.  Which it's silly for me to want it because I don't even collect for Game Gear.

Edited by Jicsan

28 minutes ago, Jicsan said:

Right, that's what I was thinking too.  The Mega SG came with the Master System one, so the only other one I'd have wanted was Game Gear, which they didn't sell separately.  By then I was content with having the Game Gear on an sd card.  Which it's silly for me to want it because I don't even collect for Game Gear.

Yeah, same here. I do like the design of the adapters, but I'd never use them since the jailbreaks are just a thousand times more convenient and economical.

Homebrew Team · Posted
7 hours ago, Deadeye said:

I think I am in for just the pocket.  Dock is nice to have, but I have other ways to play GB.  Don't need to spend another $100.

I changed my mind, I am in for the dock as well.  Reading about the second FPGA, which is open for development, could lead to other cores.  No guarantees, but people could make other system cores or port Mister ones. 

• Like 1

Got my email from them too.  $200 +$100 to get the full experience out of it using the dock.  And then almost another $100 for the adapters for the other 3 systems if you want them bringing it up to a $400 handheld/console hybrid setup.

I'd feel compelled to get the NGPC one since I have a library of those games and a flash kit too.

Of course if you were into linking systems and doing music then you're inching into approaching $500 which is crazy.