IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

Homebrew Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Anyone have a DAC and know if it works with any "unsupported" things (Nt, Nt Mini, even AVS?). I don't actually know how it works. It might be interesting to have one, but I know I'd mainly play NES, so not worth it for Genesis and SNES.

I have one arriving soon.  I can test it out when it gets here, but I have a feeling not.  Since it is using the hdmi port as data transfer, which also requires a firmware update on the device, I don't think it will be plug and play with non-designated devices.  Which is a shame.  I would have preferred it worked with everything. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Anyone have a DAC and know if it works with any "unsupported" things (Nt, Nt Mini, even AVS?). I don't actually know how it works. It might be interesting to have one, but I know I'd mainly play NES, so not worth it for Genesis and SNES.

2 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

I have one arriving soon.  I can test it out when it gets here, but I have a feeling not.  Since it is using the hdmi port as data transfer, which also requires a firmware update on the device, I don't think it will be plug and play with non-designated devices.  Which is a shame.  I would have preferred it worked with everything. 

Unfortunately, it is only compatible with the Mega Sg and Super Nt right now. It is supposed to be compatible with all future products as well, so maybe the Nt Mini V2? They don't specify.

https://www.analogue.co/dac/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

I want my modern Framemeister already from all these pixel perfect video hardware geniuses. OSSC and Framemeister have limitations. Give me pixel perfect 4K scaling or give me death!

Anyone got an idea of when the Super NT might be back in stock? I'm finally sick of flaky SNES/SFC systems crapping out on me.

I'll probably double up my order and get a Mega SG while I'm at it, save on postage... Speaking of which, does anyone know what sort of pain I should expect in terms of cost for international shipping?

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, OptOut said:

Anyone got an idea of when the Super NT might be back in stock? I'm finally sick of flaky SNES/SFC systems crapping out on me.

I'll probably double up my order and get a Mega SG while I'm at it, save on postage... Speaking of which, does anyone know what sort of pain I should expect in terms of cost for international shipping?

Extreme pain with regard to international shipping. 

• Like 2

Homebrew Team · Posted
5 hours ago, OptOut said:

Oh another question, do these things come with controllers, or you gotta buy em separately?

If I bought an 8bitdo SN30 would it work out the box with these systems, or does it need the specific receiver?

They don't come with controllers.  The systems have the original console ports only.  So Super NT has SNES ports and Mega Sg has Genesis / Mega Drive ports.  You can use anything that worked for original systems.

For wireless, there is no built in Bluetooth.  You need a receiver.  8bitdo makes one or you can buy a 2.4g bundle.  Testing has shown that the 2.4g, fair better in terms of lag.  

10 minutes ago, cartman said:

How do the controllers they sell work? I have had problem with the original 3-button controller even if it was new the diagonals would register wrong.

I haven't play the genesis many times, but I remember always thinking the controller felt cheap. I use the 8bit-do for with my Mega SG and it feels good. I beat SOR2 and almost SOR the week before last and the controller is solid.

6 hours ago, OptOut said:

Oh another question, do these things come with controllers, or you gotta buy em separately?

If I bought an 8bitdo SN30 would it work out the box with these systems, or does it need the specific receiver?

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

They don't come with controllers.  The systems have the original console ports only.  So Super NT has SNES ports and Mega Sg has Genesis / Mega Drive ports.  You can use anything that worked for original systems.

For wireless, there is no built in Bluetooth.  You need a receiver.  8bitdo makes one or you can buy a 2.4g bundle.  Testing has shown that the 2.4g, fair better in terms of lag.  

34 minutes ago, cartman said:

How do the controllers they sell work? I have had problem with the original 3-button controller even if it was new the diagonals would register wrong.

I use the Bluetooth SN30 with my Nt and Super Nt. It feels great and works really well. Even with the Bluetooth version, the lag is a non-issue for standard play. In fact, I used it for the Gradius weekly contest and never felt like I died due to lag.

The upcoming Nt Mini will come with a 2.4Ghz controller, but it's also $500...

1 hour ago, DoctorEncore said:

I use the Bluetooth SN30 with my Nt and Super Nt. It feels great and works really well. Even with the Bluetooth version, the lag is a non-issue for standard play. In fact, I used it for the Gradius weekly contest and never felt like I died due to lag.

The upcomin've g Nt Mini will come with a 2.4Ghz controller, but it's also $500...

It's funny you should say that because i have the SN30 pro and it has given me those issues aswell. My Life In Gaming channel has mentioned it too and i've read elsewhere of this issue happening to others.

3 hours ago, OptOut said:

Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably stick with my OG controllers then, just plug em in like normal! 😉

I'd do that.  Looking at your few questions.  Their shipping charges in the US are fairly unacceptable and going outside is notably higher from what I've seen commented before.  They wanted like $20-25 to ship it in the US so I actually ended up buying one off a private person instead who oddly bought it, used it a few times and ended up putting it back in the box but that's it's own story. 😉

That one I did get, all the stuff it came with was either unused or immaculate due to lack of touching it.  That one also came with the optional controllers (which require an added receiver!), since the box itself doesn't come with them at all.  I had a pair of matching black wireless snes controllers from 8bitdo, and quite frankly they sucked.  The battery life on them were crap and I got fed up with it pretty quickly and went back to using original controllers and ended up selling the 8bitdo junk to someone else.

I agree with you the old stuff can and will be getting more finicky and the SuperNT truly is the best option if you want something new and well made to last.  It's worth the price entirely, and given the dumb shipping problem, perhaps start hawk watching ebay, here, elsewhere and go for it when one turns up as I did.  The options it has within the menu are amazing, lots of variety.

• Thanks 1

Homebrew Team · Posted

@DefaultGen @DoctorEncore by no means an extensive test, but tested it on Mega Sg and Super NT.  Both look great. Tested it on my laptop and Switch.  The DAC lights up as though something is being detected by it, but no display on CRT.  The laptop doesn't detect another display, when I go into settings.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, cartman said:

It's funny you should say that because i have the SN30 pro and it has given me those issues aswell. My Life In Gaming channel has mentioned it too and i've read elsewhere of this issue happening to others.

I can confirm this. All my 8BitDo controllers had trouble registering correct D-Pad inputs.

I used the ring-tape fix that My Life in Gaming showed in one of their videos. That solved it, but it was a hassle.

15 minutes ago, ifightdragons said:

I can confirm this. All my 8BitDo controllers had trouble registering correct D-Pad inputs.

I used the ring-tape fix that My Life in Gaming showed in one of their videos. That solved it, but it was a hassle.

That's a bummer. All four of mine have worked great.

Homebrew Team · Posted

I don't have issues with the SN30 (Bluetooth SNES) or M30 (2.4g Sega) ones, however I prefer wired.  Sometimes I have pairing issues with the Bluetooth receiver.

That said, I disliked the N30 (Bluetooth NES) that came with the Nt mini.  If I even need to use wireless for NES, I use the 8bitdo receiver and pair it with the NES switch controller.