IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

2 hours ago, Gloves said:

To give you a general idea of shipping, this is from me ordering a DAC:

image.png

Hmm... If I am gonna buy two systems, I wonder if they will combine the shipping? If so, that wouldn't actually be ALL that bad, as a percentage of the overall price...

Now, the BIG question remaining is WHEN will the Super NT be back in stock? I presume we're probably talking months here, aren't we? 😣

I recommend following the Analogue Inc subreddit for pertinent infomation. No one here knows when the Super Nt will be available. 

Edit: Hopefully, and very likely, they will restock eventually. They are cheap to produce compared to their metal cased Nt Minis with analogue outputs, and people will buy them. If you don't own a Super Nt, it's highly recommended.

Edited by ifightdragons
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ifightdragons said:

I recommend following the Analogue Inc subreddit for pertinent infomation. No one here knows when the Super Nt will be available. 

Edit: Hopefully, and very likely, they will restock eventually. They are cheap to produce compared to their metal cased Nt Minis with analogue outputs, and people will buy them. If you don't own a Super Nt, it's highly recommended.

I've also had good luck following their Twitter with notifications turned on. They have historically put restock and preorder announcements on there and even respond to questions some times.

• Like 1

I can not recommend highly enough the SuperNT.  Kevin (kevtris) also did the core for the HiDefNES KIt you can stuff into an NES/toploader system too and it has the same high precision quality FPGA core there too.  You'll never want to go back to using oem stock hardware after that.  I hung up both my systems back into their original packaging.

I'd see if you could get that deal on combined shipping if it's offered.  Otherwise you'll just take the hit, or buy it from another source to avoid being hit that badly.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Homebrew Team · Posted
7 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Is there really any benefit of the Pocket for someone like myself who just wants to play Gameboy games on his tv if I already have a GCN Gameboy player and official component cables?

Other pros:

- Plays other consoles (Game Gear, Lynx, Neo Geo Pocket)
- HDMI, RGB, and other analogue outputs
- Higher resolution screen (for portable)

On 5/18/2020 at 10:55 PM, Tanooki said:

I can not recommend highly enough the SuperNT.  Kevin (kevtris) also did the core for the HiDefNES KIt you can stuff into an NES/toploader system too and it has the same high precision quality FPGA core there too.  You'll never want to go back to using oem stock hardware after that.  I hung up both my systems back into their original packaging.

I'd see if you could get that deal on combined shipping if it's offered.  Otherwise you'll just take the hit, or buy it from another source to avoid being hit that badly.

I'm hoping they restock these. I really don't want to pay $500+ on ebay.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

21 hours ago, Deadeye said:

Other pros:

- Plays other consoles (Game Gear, Lynx, Neo Geo Pocket)
- HDMI, RGB, and other analogue outputs
- Higher resolution screen (for portable)

The biggest thing for me would be HDMI and RGB. I don’t play handhelds much save for some GBA Castlevanias or RPGs.

21 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Is there really any benefit of the Pocket for someone like myself who just wants to play Gameboy games on his tv if I already have a GCN Gameboy player and official component cables?

Are you worried about using original carts, flashcards, or the inevitable jailbreak firmware with an SD card?

You're current setup could use the Gameboy Interface software. Just need an action replay to load the homebrew. 

If you use ROMs over carts I always bring up MiSTer.  GB/GBA look great on a flat panel with it.  Its another FPGA project that has so many cores.

21 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

The Gamecube output is lower resolution and will be converted from analog to digital, the TV is doing non-pixel-perfect processing to make it fill up the screen. The Analogue thing has a digital output and will output 1080p, so your 4K TV would only have to double the input resolution, not 4.5x scale the 480p output of the Gamecube.

At the very least, it will be sharper, but knowing all of Analogues other products it will also have much more customizable scaling and audio options.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zeppelin03 said:

Are you worried about using original carts, flashcards, or the inevitable jailbreak firmware with an SD card?

You're current setup could use the Gameboy Interface software. Just need an action replay to load the homebrew. 

If you use ROMs over carts I always bring up MiSTer.  GB/GBA look great on a flat panel with it.  Its another FPGA project that has so many cores.

I still use my carts, but I just bought a Retrode 2 and my NT Mini is coming so I can back up my ROMs onto an SD card.

1 hour ago, DefaultGen said:

The Gamecube output is lower resolution and will be converted from analog to digital, the TV is doing non-pixel-perfect processing to make it fill up the screen. The Analogue thing has a digital output and will output 1080p, so your 4K TV would only have to double the input resolution, not 4.5x scale the 480p output of the Gamecube.

At the very least, it will be sharper, but knowing all of Analogues other products it will also have much more customizable scaling and audio options.

Fair point, currently I game on a 1080p Panasonic from 2011, but I will be upgrading to 4K in the next year or so.

The earlier Gamecube revisions had a digital output port, which can be converted to HDMI without analog loss. Worth checking the bottom of your cube, and with gamecubes going for pretty cheap now, the earlier rev shouldn't cost much either.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:53 AM, erac said:

The earlier Gamecube revisions had a digital output port, which can be converted to HDMI without analog loss. Worth checking the bottom of your cube, and with gamecubes going for pretty cheap now, the earlier rev shouldn't cost much either.

That's true, but it's still only 480p via HDMI, as opposed to the Analogue Pocket which will output 1080p natively. Not to mention that the Game Boy Player's OG software is incredibly bad. So GBI is a necessity. And while GBI has great fidelity, it has a pretty atrocious UI and is not very user friendly or intuitive. The Analogue Pocket simplifies this to the 'nth degree, while also providing far superior fidelity.

The upcoming OSSC Pro will even be able to line-multiply HDMI-in, so that blows open the door for further enhancing the resolution of Analogue consoles with native 1080p, without any added input lag. It may also further enhance the GameCube via HDMI, although the native resolution is very low at 480p, so the details might take a significant hit in the process.

The potential with Analogue Pocket + OSSC Pro is more akin to what would be almost indiscernible to native 4K.

Edited by ifightdragons

The Nt mini Noir shipment date is delayed until November 2020.

Apparently, it’s been resigned with the same FPGA as the Super Nt and Mega Sg. It also has several improvements to the software.

https://mobile.twitter.com/analogue/status/1279068063569076224

Edit: Beat me to the updates.

Edited by ICrappedMyPants
  • Like 2

It’s pretty poor to announce this in the month that it was due to be shipped. However, it’s pare for the course of how this company is run. I’m sure they could have announced the delay in June. 

I’m guessing the Pocket will not be released until 2021. I do feel for early adopters of the Nt mini. I bet some of them would have upgraded had they known the changes to the console.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, BortLicensePlate said:

So I guess still no news about a budget friendly NT mini? And the noir is super limited and not being produced again?

"One last run" is what was advertised, so presumably you'll need a time machine or hard cash to buy off ebay if you've not already pre-ordered.