IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

The initial run always sells out fast. It's new and everyone and their grandma crows about it on Youtube and what not.

Second runs of these last a bit longer, especially if it slips past the casuals. Sign up for their stock updates and follow them on Twitter and you should get one at some point.

1 hour ago, MrWunderful said:

Wad anyone allowed to buy the other adapters? I was only able to buy the game gear one (which is actually the only one I want) just curious though. 

The Game Gear one was the only one that was available for sale. The other two are listed as "Coming soon".
https://www.analogue.co/store

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Deadeye said:

Mega SG adapters restock tomorrow, 8/7/20 @ 8 AM PST / 11 AM (EST) VGS Time.

https://twitter.com/analogue/status/1291389007524397058?s=20

I managed to snag one this morning.  I'm glad you posted this because I did not get an email notification even though I signed up for one.  I think I would have seen the Twitter notification, but I don't follow Twitter very closely, so I could have pretty easily missed it.  

Now I just need to keep an eye out for the Super NT restock.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I managed to snag one this morning.  I'm glad you posted this because I did not get an email notification even though I signed up for one.  I think I would have seen the Twitter notification, but I don't follow Twitter very closely, so I could have pretty easily missed it.  

Now I just need to keep an eye out for the Super NT restock.  

I never get notifications either. Signed up with two addresses just to be sure, but no dice.

Not that I want the adapters anyway since my Mega Sg is jailbroken. But it'd be nice if it would actually give you a notification.

It just goes to show that it's worth it to follow them on Twitter.  Even if you don't use Twitter (I certainly don't), it's not too difficult to get an account and follow them.  I would say 90% of my Twitter feed is video game related stuff.  I don't follow very many family or friends using it.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

It just goes to show that it's worth it to follow them on Twitter.  Even if you don't use Twitter (I certainly don't), it's not too difficult to get an account and follow them.  I would say 90% of my Twitter feed is video game related stuff.  I don't follow very many family or friends using it.  

My Twitter is used exclusively for video game news and deals and it's a very enjoyable way to use it. Their notification system is surprisingly robust and useful.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Is it even worth trying to get an Nt mini, or is it all just bot bait? 

Not sure if bots are a problem or if it's just limited supply. I've been able to get everything they sell without using a bot as long as I'm refreshing the store as it goes live. But I doubt these will last long, even at $500.

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Is it even worth trying to get an Nt mini, or is it all just bot bait? 

The Pocket is the only Analogue thing I tried to get and missed (I was multitasking, didn’t expect it to sell out in 5m). I don’t think any of the consoles have sold out in literally 2 seconds, have they?

That last round of the NT Mini lasted for a while before selling out, so it definitely wasn't a bot problem.  However, I'm not sure how many they will offer this time, so it could go quicker.  If you are interested, there is no harm in trying to get one.  Worst case scenario, you waste 5 minutes of you day.  

That's my problem with it too, it's $500 and don't they still use original NES guts within that pretty shell?  I have to wonder are you really going to get your value out of it in the end before age kicks in.  They don't own a delorean so these aren't unused boards within that new boutique exterior.

33 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

That's my problem with it too, it's $500 and don't they still use original NES guts within that pretty shell?  I have to wonder are you really going to get your value out of it in the end before age kicks in.  They don't own a delorean so these aren't unused boards within that new boutique exterior.

The type of customers of Analog aren't the type of people who care about price. It's a sort of status symbol of aftermarket consoles. 

Which is totally fine. They've managed to become a luxury brand I just don't live in NYC or LA so at a certain point I'm priced out. 

For the cost off all their products, I consider hard modded original hardware which doesn't come with the same upscale feel when you consider the final product.  

• Like 1