IGNORED

Analogue Update: Duo ($250; Ships 2023) and Pocket ($200; Ships 2023) Available for Preorder

DoctorEncore

2 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Has anyone used the jailbreakS for their Super NT or Mega Sg? I really want to get a rom dumper to back Up my NES, SNES, and Gen and the Retrode 2 is nearly impossible to find at a reasonable price.

I haven't done it, but it's apparently very easy. It is essentially an official jailbreak from the creator of the console.

Homebrew Team · Posted
12 hours ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

Has anyone used the jailbreakS for their Super NT or Mega Sg? I really want to get a rom dumper to back Up my NES, SNES, and Gen and the Retrode 2 is nearly impossible to find at a reasonable price.

I have used the dumper on the nt mini.  Very ease to use and works.  If you are looking for an all in one deal, the INL programmer / dumper is inexpensive.  You need to use command line though.  $52 for 6 console types. 

http://www.infiniteneslives.com/inlretro.php

1 hour ago, Deadeye said:

I have used the dumper on the nt mini.  Very ease to use and works.  If you are looking for an all in one deal, the INL programmer / dumper is inexpensive.  You need to use command line though.  $52 for 6 console types. 

http://www.infiniteneslives.com/inlretro.php

If it works properly with SNES, and Gen games, then I don’t mind not having a GUI.

Edited by ICrappedMyPants

Homebrew Team · Posted
22 minutes ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

If it works properly with SNES, and Gen games, then I don’t mind not having a GUI.

I have only used it for NES.  There is a gitlab page link on the website and documentation.  Probably compatibility info there.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ICrappedMyPants said:

NT Mini preorders back up if anyone is interested!

https://www.analogue.co/store/

50 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

@ICrappedMyPants weird.  Wonder why they didn't announce it again.  Maybe a mistake?

That's crazy. It didn't even go out on their Twitter. Seems like something is up. Or maybe a lot of people canceled due to losing their jobs? Either way it's nice for people who missed it the first time.

Or this is a quiet confirmation of, "Oh, hey, we can actually make these things whenever want and people seem to like to buy them, so maybe we should keep making them available?"  My guess is the "limited" nonsense will start right back up as soon as they think everybody's spent through their stimulus checks given their past behavior.

2 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Or this is a quiet confirmation of, "Oh, hey, we can actually make these things whenever want and people seem to like to buy them, so maybe we should keep making them available?"  My guess is the "limited" nonsense will start right back up as soon as they think everybody's spent through their stimulus checks given their past behavior.

My guess is that they saw the stimulus checks and figured some would spend half of it on an NT Mini. 😛

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

I bought a nt mini yesterday. I had it saved in my cart and it let me purchase it. I got a confirmation and it drafted from my account. I hope it will be worth the cost!

I still have one sitting in my cart. I wish I could transfer it to someone else.

Edited by DoctorEncore

4 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I still have one sitting in my cart. I wish I could transfer it to someone else.

Yeah, I totally forgot about it. This thread reminded me... so thanks! But now I see the super nt is sold out. Hopefully that gets restocked. I'm definitely gonna get one of those pockets when they come out too. The fact that you can dock it and play it on the tv is a really great feature. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

Yeah, I totally forgot about it. This thread reminded me... so thanks! But now I see the super nt is sold out. Hopefully that gets restocked. I'm definitely gonna get one of those pockets when they come out too. The fact that you can dock it and play it on the tv is a really great feature. 

Agree. I can't wait for the Pocket.

Also, I updated the thread title and first post to be more useful for ongoing discussion.

16 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

I hope the Super NT gets restocked too. I'd like to get one, but I'm not paying $450+ on ebay. I'll stick with my 1 chip console and HDMI adapter otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I hope the Super NT gets restocked too. I'd like to get one, but I'm not paying $450+ on ebay. I'll stick with my 1 chip console and HDMI adapter otherwise.

I thought you were joking, then I checked the sold prices on Ebay. That shit's absurd. On the analogue website it doesn't say they are discontinued so I don't understand those sales. 

45 minutes ago, BriGuy82 said:

26 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I'm pretty confident the Super Nt will get a restock soon as they seem to bring it back regularly. The last restock was the all black version (which I assume is the easiest and cheapest to manufacture), so hopefully we'll see the US or EU/JP color scheme pop up next. Their business model clearly revolves around keeping zero excess stock on hand, probably due to the relatively small manufacturing runs and unwanted warehouse expenses.

• Like 1