IGNORED

Games You Have Beaten Recently?

Nightowljrm

19 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Save states for Super Tennis, or legit?

Legit on all of them.  I try to not use save states.  I think I am going to have to use save states for the real Super Mario Bros. 2 (Lost Levels).  I want to at least beat it with save states first to learn where to jump and how to get to the end of certain levels.  There are some spots where it literally seems like it's impossible to be able to advance in a level but after hours of jumping around I find the one invisible block that you need to hit.  Very frustrating.  I also do not like to watch you tube clips either.

• Like 1

The Messenger

It's like Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man X, and Sonic CD in one game. The mobility in this game is insane. I wish there was even trickier platforming to make full use of what a god damn invincible ninja badass you are, but it's still super enjoyable.

Edited by DefaultGen

Disclaimer:

The Messenger is 0% like Ninja Gaiden unless you consider having a ninja as the protagonist enough to qualify, in which case it's 1% like Ninja Gaiden. It's been riding a lot on the NG comparisons since seeing stills from the game makes it very easy to assume that, but if you pick up The Messenger expecting a modern Ninja Gaiden, you'll be severely disappointed.

To be honest, I really don't think it's like any of those three games. It's primarily centered around in-air movement tech (which is occasionally clumsy due to dumb button configurations), exploration and basic puzzle solving. Hell, it's probably closer to Celeste.
It's a pretty cool game IMO, but don't expect anything outside of the typical modern indie platformer semi-metroidvania. We stil have yet to see any new 2d action game take up the Ninja Gaiden mantle.

Going through Shenmue 3 on the PS4 right now. I'm absolutely loving it. So addicting.

The only thing I didn't like was the fact that one of the updates "added" a blinking camera-like overlay when you zoom in with the L trigger. I didn't like that since the only reason I zoom is to take pictures, and the overlay just gets in the way.

The simple way I fixed this is that every time I start my PS4 and it tries to download an update, I cancel and delete the update before it applies to the game. Otherwise, I'd have to delete the game and re-install it from disc. 

Beyond: Two Souls. Honestly, nowhere near as bad as people seemed to make it out to be. I actually like it over Heavy Rain, though still not as good as Detroit: Become Human. Finished it yesterday and now just getting a few easy trophies before I move on. Probably looking to the original Shenmue next while sprinkling in Hatoful Boyfriend since I grabbed it for cheap on PSN. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

20200107_001453.thumb.jpg.0f2404c226eecba6e7ccce73a3e68326.jpg

Finally beat Link's Awakening took a rather long break when I made it half way and played Luigi's Mansion 3 till I beat it then took and even longer hiatus and finally returned 3 days ago and finished it out, pretty awesome game in the end and my first time beating it as I never did on GB.  

I finished the Link's Awakening remake last night.  Great game.  I really enjoyed it.  I'm only missing one seashell and 9 chamber stones.   Other than that, I have all of the heart containers, and any other items you can collect including the last Bow Wow figure that you can't get until after you complete the game.  Not sure if I will go after those last few items since the chamber stones can be a little tedious.  I kind of want to move onto a different game anyway.  

Edited by TDIRunner

On 1/7/2020 at 12:19 AM, MuNKeY said:

Finally beat Link's Awakening took a rather long break when I made it half way and played Luigi's Mansion 3 till I beat it then took and even longer hiatus and finally returned 3 days ago and finished it out, pretty awesome game in the end and my first time beating it as I never did on GB.  

I just now saw your post.  That's funny that we both beat the game at nearly the same time.  

• Like 1

Just finally beat Super Mario Odyssey story mode. Man, can't believe how close I was to beating it and did not play it over a year to two with so many other games coming out one after another. Now I'm going after all the moons. Looks like I got 251 so far, so really long way to go.

Finished up The Outer Worlds tonight. What a fantastic game. If I had unlimited time, I'd go back and try out all sorts of different permutations to see how things play out. Even though I can't go back and do that, I really loved my 30 hours with the game. This is the first Fallout-type game I've ever played and I can't wait for the DLC.

Next up? Untitled Goose Game as a palette cleanser, then... Well who knows? I'm open to suggestions.

• 1 month later...