IGNORED

Games You Have Beaten Recently?

Nightowljrm

Just got the platinum in Cod: Modern Warfare. I basically beat it two and a half times, once on the regular mode, then played some on recruit to make getting trophies easier, then played it all on Veteran. By the time I was on the Veteran playthrough, I wanted to skip all the cut scenes and moments where you play but don't shoot, but unfortunately most of those aren't skippable. Great game though and it's a blast the first playthough.
Image may contain: 1 person, beard and closeup

I'll probably end up picking up the Aladdin/Lion King PS4 remasters on my way home from work today. I'm eager to play the Aladdin show floor demo they included and seeing what other behind-the-scenes content they threw in.

I got the Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King yesterday and beat both games. The extra features, like the mini documentary on the making of each game, being able to play the trade show demo of Aladdin, and the 'Final Cut' of Aladdin where they did bug fixes and cleaned up the camera really made it something special. Worth getting despite still having my childhood carts of both games.
Post image

17 hours ago, Natebit said:

I recently finished Dragon Quest IX, AI The Somnium Files, and am in the middle of River City Girls and Shakedown Hawaii.

Switch gets all my love these days.

My copy of River City Girls from LRG finally came in yesterday. It may be a bit before I get to it - you'll have to let us know what you think!

This month, I beat Festers Quest (NES) Castlevania Adventures (Gameboy) Deadly Premonition (PS3) and Resident Evil 7 (PS4). Today being the last day of the month and I’m working the night shift, probably won’t get around to another game. It was a good month. Happy Halloween all.😀

Edited by Richardhead

On 10/24/2019 at 8:01 AM, Freakshow87 said:

I think the games i finished somewhat recently were thps 2, portal 2, and dragon warrior 1 on gameboy)

I have so many games that ive started and progressed fairly far through that need to be finished (octopath traveler, hotline miami 2, kirby dreamland 2, the last remnant, and im sure quite a few more.)  Maybe someday lol

Finally finished Kirbys dreamland 2. Got the rainbow drops and all!  Super proud of myself even though i googled the drops because they were a huge pain

Beat Castlevania on the NES for the first time today. It wasn't that hard overall, but I have to admit the first form of Dracula is probably where I spent a third of my time with the game. Second hardest part for me was Level 5 with the Medusa heads and the iron knights in the long hallway, but once I figured out to take the Holy Water from the beginning of the level to there it got a lot easier.

I saw a lot of guides saying to not use holy water for the first form of Dracula but it actually helps quite a bit. Throwing it at the fireballs seems to drop the double/triple shot semi-frequently (and also hearts) which makes the second phase a breeze. I don't think I got a single double shot from when I was just hitting them with my whip. I also found it made it way easier to dodge the fire balls. Once I started doing that strat I prob beat it in two or three tries.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 11:35 AM, acromite53 said:

Toki on Switch. Got this on clearance at gamestop for $10. It was worth it for a fun platformer/run and gun remake. I wouldn't have bought it for the $30 retail price. I've never played the nes or Genesis versions. But I'd like to try those now.

20191022_113428.jpg

I really love the box art on this 1. I have the original NES cart but I've yet to play it.

3 minutes ago, Nightowljrm said:

Congrats! What did you think of it?

It's fun I enjoyed the entire run though (only had a few hangups with the b2 boss and the last 2 battles) I went back a couple hours later after posting that and collected all the gems and caught all the boos (it unlocks 2 aesthetic options for you flashlight) this was probably one of very few games I have ever sat down to and played from start to finish and a first to be done starting on release day. Think time all was said and done I had right at 20hrs game time in it.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, T3rra said:

I just beat Link's Awakening on Switch.

It was a nice remake. Lots of fun, and super cute overall.

I completed it with 20 hearts, upgraded sword and the blue tunic. I didn't go full completionist.

What's preventing me from 100%'ing it, and why I never will, is the darn Dampé Dungeon Maker thing. It's just not fun to me, which is a shame. The idea seemed solid enough, but in execution, it feels lazy: just rehashing existing rooms and cobble them together. I did everything but that, essentially. 

The animated cutscenes make me really want a Zelda anime.

• Like 1