IGNORED

Games You Have Beaten Recently?

Nightowljrm

11 hours ago, Nightowljrm said:

What's preventing me from 100%'ing it, and why I never will, is the darn Dampé Dungeon Maker thing. It's just not fun to me, which is a shame. The idea seemed solid enough, but in execution, it feels lazy: just rehashing existing rooms and cobble them together. I did everything but that, essentially. 

The animated cutscenes make me really want a Zelda anime.

Yeah, that was such a grind to get the two heart pieces and full container. I think it's okay as a mini game, but unless the prize is better, I won't complete it.

2019-11-7
Castlevania - 9 deaths / 1 continue used, mostly all subweapons

2019-11-8
Castlevania - 1 death (against Dracula's second form), subweapons only game except for an accidental single hit on the Frankenstein Monster and Grim Reaper each (a failed challenge but still a damn good playthru)

Edited by MeganJoanne
deleted and reuploaded video
  • Wow! 2

On 11/7/2019 at 12:24 PM, acromite53 said:

Wow I never do this, but I just marathoned Wolfenstein The Old Blood all in a day. I had a great time with it. I beat New Order back in January. I might go ahead and start New Colossus.

Personally, I thought New Colossus was a bit of a letdown after the amazing New Order. Don't get me wrong, Colossus is good, but didn't knock my socks off. The Old Blood was a bit meh. Especially that final boss.

• Thanks 1

Most recent game I completed was Link's Awakening on the Switch. I loved it. I know some people didn't enjoy it, but to me it was a near perfect remake in that it was extremely faithful to the source material while providing some modern quality of life changes and making it look beautiful. 

On 11/9/2019 at 4:16 PM, Ninja Warriors said:

Just beat Ninja Saviors in Switch on hard mode to unlock Raiden.  Not a real challenging game, but extremely fun none the less.

Cool! I want to try this one out. 

I just beat Ducktales Remastered on Wii U. I really enjoyed it! It plays great. This game would be a perfect fit for switch. Now it's time to play Wayfoward's other great Wii U platformer... Thats right! Smurfs 2!

2 hours ago, acromite53 said:

Cool! I want to try this one out. 

I just beat Ducktales Remastered on Wii U. I really enjoyed it! It plays great. This game would be a perfect fit for switch. Now it's time to play Wayfoward's other great Wii U platformer... Thats right! Smurfs 2!

I had no idea there was a smurfs title on the Wii U. Is it heralded like Ducktales was?

This was a struggle but I finally beat Mr. Bones on Sega Saturn. I started this on Halloween for the season. This was my first time playing. I like the game for its music, story, cutscene, atmosphere, and variety of gameplay. The problem is that it has a lot of game types but it doesn't really succeed at any. I was stuck on the Icy Lake level for a long time. You only get one life then you go back to the level select. This wastes a lot of time when you are constantly dying. These levels don't give any explanation so it is frustrating learning them. Especially when they are so difficult. The level that completely sold me on the game was the Glass Shards level. Very beautiful. I love the spoken word laid back music. The music and rhythm aspect of the game is very cool.

20191111_232323.jpg

Edited by acromite53

I got distracted by the smurfs on Wii U and forgot to post my last beaten game:

The wife and kids were gone for the evening so I decided to play through a season of Tecmo Bowl on the switch.

I loved the controls with the analog stick, but it did lack a little of it's charm without the licensing. It seemed like it was less difficult than the NES while also lowering Bo Jackson's stats. 

Graphics Team · Posted
7 hours ago, Tulpa said:

Just finished The Guardian Legend. Holy shit that game gets dicey.

Wow - that's impressive. I attempted the Guardian Legend last year and had to throw in the towel at Area 10. What are your thoughts on that obnoxious password system haha?

-CasualCart

Edited by CasualCart

1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

What are your thoughts on that obnoxious password system haha?

If I'm to be totally honest, I really didn't mind it after the first few times. 

Don't get me wrong, a battery save would have been better, but I've seen worse. Swords and Serpents for one. 

It can't technically be beaten, but last night I finally managed to beat all 20 Fighting Course stages in Mach Rider. After that, it just loops to stage 1. The difficulty is just bizzare in that game. The first 12 or 13 stages are unbelievably brutal. Then, near the end, it's like the developers just gave up and the last 5 to 7 stages before it loops back to stage 1 are crazy easy. I was able to beat them all without crashing a single time. I finally lost all my bikes around 26 stages in.

I was in the zone that entire run and I wasn't able to do it again just now when I tried. 

Edited by Jono1874
wording

On 11/12/2019 at 12:45 AM, acromite53 said:

This was a struggle but I finally beat Mr. Bones on Sega Saturn. I started this on Halloween for the season. This was my first time playing. I like the game for its music, story, cutscene, atmosphere, and variety of gameplay. The problem is that it has a lot of game types but it doesn't really succeed at any. I was stuck on the Icy Lake level for a long time. You only get one life then you go back to the level select. This wastes a lot of time when you are constantly dying. These levels don't give any explanation so it is frustrating learning them. Especially when they are so difficult. The level that completely sold me on the game was the Glass Shards level. Very beautiful. I love the spoken word laid back music. The music and rhythm aspect of the game is very cool.

20191111_232323.jpg

I love this game FOR the soundtrack.  It's a legit Blues album and stand well on it's own as a pretty good album.