IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

image.jpeg.5556f0f386715c976fc17efbe667b49f.jpeg

image.jpeg.b62501204285a300a3c77cebecfcc2a9.jpeg

image.jpeg.7a8d4000e32987f87172303fa85bfe8b.jpeg

image.jpeg.961ac57414da32fe85eafdb6e15b5d57.jpeg

Got the Japanese release of Tiny Toon Adventures 2 for the Famicom. And as you can see in that one pic, I also have the American releases of Tiny Toon Adventures 1 and 2 (they've been in my collection for years) as well as some promo stickers I got from an eBay seller in Belgium (who I think might've been on NintendoAge, as I remember someone who showed pics of a bunch of those promo stickers). Guess I should buy the Japanese release of Tiny Toon Adventures 1 someday.

Found the game in an ad. If I bought it on eBay, I would've had to pay $100-$150 depending if the sellers charged shipping or not. Which I could've done. But by going for a drive (about an hour and a half), I was able to buy it from a seller who sold it to me for $50. The game works well, and the cart and manual are near-mint. The green insert is also included, which I did not see in the seller's ad. The box is a little worn (mostly the flaps), but the front and back look good and it's not sun faded.

image.jpeg.517d07b8db6953fe405af52c99a7d070.jpeg

Went to Chuck E. Cheese. Besides getting a meal (stuffed crust cheese pizza with cheesy bread and two kinds of dips), I also got a collector's cup. I got a bunch of Chuck E. Cheese cups last year, including all the character cups (Chuck E., Helen, Munch, Jasper, Pasqually, and Ronnie the Unicorn) and a different collector's cup. Still seems incomplete, because there's another character named Bella (see plush pic below).

Also, they have an adult menu now with new kinds of pizza and spicy meatballs. The Manager (who knows who I am, as I've visited this particular location multiple times since 2022) showed the new menu to me. I chose not to get anything from that menu. But it further proves that Chuck E. Cheese, even though it's very much a kid-friendly restaurant, caters to both kids and adults.

image.jpeg.ad03904a88ef10f154e39d78250d5f82.jpeg

While at Chuck E. Cheese, I downloaded Chuck E. Cheese Skate Universe on the Apple store.

image.jpeg.a29e9e26e3136e2fc57d6d840084528d.jpeg

After eating and playing games, I went to their gift shop. They have the same old kind of plushies there (in different sizes) for four of the characters that they've had for several years now. But they also have a new set of plushies that features all six main characters, including Pasqually and Bella. It's been years since there were Pasqually plushies, and I believe this is the first time a Bella plush has been made available. For those who haven't been to Chuck E. Cheese for like twenty or thirty years, Bella is a bunny who was introduced in 2018 and became a main character in 2020 or so. She speaks and raps in both English and Spanish.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

A few new pickups.

Disney Sports Motorcross was hard to find and definitely won’t be worth the price paid. But I got some great deals on the PC games and the other Disney game I was able to get for $30 vs the usual $80 or so it goes for, so that’s a win.

You can’t see it in the picture, but the Deus Ex cover has a quote from someone saying “better than half life” 😆. I have yet to play Half Life but it looks to be a very different game to Deus Ex.

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg.80e980c6c4ede56df760cb5a80c07b35.jpeg

FullSizeRender(1)-compressed.jpeg.5fadd336249c0e0cdfe0c60cb48980fb.jpeg

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Brickman said:

A few new pickups.

Disney Sports Motorcross was hard to find and definitely won’t be worth the price paid. But I got some great deals on the PC games and the other Disney game I was able to get for $30 vs the usual $80 or so it goes for, so that’s a win.

You can’t see it in the picture, but the Deus Ex cover has a quote from someone saying “better than half life” 😆. I have yet to play Half Life but it looks to be a very different game to Deus Ex.

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg.80e980c6c4ede56df760cb5a80c07b35.jpeg

FullSizeRender(1)-compressed.jpeg.5fadd336249c0e0cdfe0c60cb48980fb.jpeg

Is @Johnny making you buy silly Disney GBA games

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

Is @Johnny making you buy silly Disney GBA games

Haha nah I’m just another one of those crazy GBA guys. Although I’m only going for the Japanese retail set vs the US one which is a bit smaller (a little under 800) so I’m not quite as crazy as the US GBA collectors.

37 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

@MiamiSlice where did you find the Neo Geo pocket selection for a decent price?

Someone listed a bunch of Switch games for sale in a Facebook Group and most of the prices were below eBay. I paid $50 for NGPS vol2 and Aces of the Luftwaffe. Was very happy with that price.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

Full-sized, sealed, retail boxed DLC download code for GTA IV Lost and Damned?

IMG20240127223952.jpg.5ffa444f8b972e31b18d3b8152670def.jpg

IMG20240127224040.jpg.1ba0ed2eb97018d350d04c4305bac6f7.jpg

IMG20240127224002.jpg.cf17c634a7d9a22e7616df7bd43e6341.jpg

My collection has never felt more complete! 🤣

With an Australian ratings sticker as well 🤣 a lot of Chinese duel language 360 games flooded eBay like this during the day. It was frustrating because the seller would use the US release picture but send you the Chinese version.

21 minutes ago, Brickman said:

With an Australian ratings sticker as well 🤣 a lot of Chinese duel language 360 games flooded eBay like this during the day. It was frustrating because the seller would use the US release picture but send you the Chinese version.

It's amazing how many scams are on eBay, usually sellers trying to pass off a much cheaper product as the NA or other release. Hope you got your money back.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, avatar! said:

It's amazing how many scams are on eBay, usually sellers trying to pass off a much cheaper product as the NA or other release. Hope you got your money back.

Yeah it was Mass Effect 2. EBay refunded me the money so that was good but it stopped me from buying new games on eBay ever since that experience. 

40 minutes ago, Brickman said:

Yeah it was Mass Effect 2. EBay refunded me the money so that was good but it stopped me from buying new games on eBay ever since that experience. 

Recently the same thing happened to me when I purchased a couple of Evercade cartridges -- they were the European edition and not the USA edition. I informed the seller and they gave a substantial refund (not the entire price) if I kept the games -- they were cheap enough that it wasn't worth my time returning them. Still very annoying...

On 1/28/2024 at 3:15 AM, Brickman said:

If you're talking about the Asian version released in regions such as Taiwan, I'm not sure why they wouldn't be preferable. They're NTSC, mostly Japanese versions, yet have English. what's not to like?

37 minutes ago, fcgamer said:

If you're talking about the Asian version released in regions such as Taiwan, I'm not sure why they wouldn't be preferable. They're NTSC, mostly Japanese versions, yet have English. what's not to like?

Yeah makes sense for Taiwan. I meant they were trying to sell them here in Australia by just sticking an Australian ratings sticker on it and passing it off as the Australian or US version. 

On 10/30/2023 at 4:44 PM, Brickman said:

Some new big box Japanese PC games (with a few small boxes thrown in for good measure). HoMM 2 has taken me a while to find so I'm glad to have that one off the list.

This is a months late question, but what search terms did you use for the Portal big box? The keywords I've been trying in both Japanese and English aren't hitting anything.

48 minutes ago, greenthunder said:

This is a months late question, but what search terms did you use for the Portal big box? The keywords I've been trying in both Japanese and English aren't hitting anything.

I have a contact in Japan but the title on the box is ポータル 1 & 2バーフ so give that a go.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Brickman said:

Picked up Magical Chase for the PC. Had no idea this was released on PC but I randomly stumbled across it and found it for a good price and very nice condition.IMG_6561.JPG.ac0f8b2d1803652d42d627eb933179dc.JPG

Also continued to add to my GBA library.

IMG_6559.JPG.9bd87a47545e5b60593f7f767ed13c9d.JPG

Very nice! Love seeing your Japanese GBA stuff, like the design of those boxes much better than the NA ones.

• Agree 1