IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

I got this at an auction my neighbor was working. They had a ton of commodore & classic computer stuff. 2 CBM 8032, a 4040, Apple II, serval c64/128 consoles. But the second an Atari 2600, untested with no power supply went for $90 I knew I wasn't going to get anything without paying price.

Everything was untested, not even for power and it was going for big numbers. The 8032s went for $300 each. Mind you, I personally live beside one of the people hosting the auction who told me nothing was tested at all and there are absolutely not returns for any reason. Anyway, I threw a bid down on a Commodore 1702 with a C64 without a power supply for $50 and no one even counter bid! Took it home and it fired right up!

This has been something I've been looking for forever, literally a decade. I tried to win some CIB  before COVID hit bc shipping TVs is such a gamble. Anyway, here it is. Now I just have to fit it into my setup...

Screenshot_20231121-130305.png.735ec3a54e91f527816e4181c03b4322.png

Just trying it out 😅

Screenshot_20231121-130352.png.1ddb7fdc2adcc8c0453d6ad755ef59b2.png

Foreal tho.

Screenshot_20231121_220335_Photos.jpg.3c9bbea81dd292544c9af1f805ad5681.jpg

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2

iam8bit is having a big sale, and I splurged and got this --

CH1.jpg

Overall, this is one of the most unique and beautiful collector's editions I have ever seen! It comes with the game for Switch including the DLC all on cartridge 🙂 But, the real star is the marionette which is hand-made and beautiful --

https://www.marionettes-rici.com/en/

That said, wow, it was a pain in the rear to set-up! They do have a video which makes things look easy --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWjHv9D-rg8

But, it was not easy. The numerous strings got entwined and it was a bit of a disaster. At the end, I did a bit of finagling to get it to work. I honestly think, they should have just sent the marionette not strung, this would have been so much easier! I imagine the vast majority of people just want to display it, and it looks great.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

3 packages showed up today, one from LR, one from VGP, and the last from my box in the US. I ordered the LR stuff so long ago, I'd forgotten all about them.

42sWNBymRbyP3Z7yZVJa0Q.jpg.09c4eac906e82bf5c6de0ec3785a4a15.jpg

I'm a sucker for the shadow boxes >_>...and the STGs, lol. I'm really curious about this new version of Super Mario RPG, but I'll have to save that one for later...too many other games on the go right now.

eTAYNPMpS5G8TKnFrxMJpQ.jpg.c348bfc3ddf7c5a2845e5d62a069020a.jpg

I finally found a fully complete Firepower 2000, and for a good price. Midnight Resistance and Q Billion go to show that patience pays off because I got each one for a song after biding my time over the past 2 years. 2 Genesis and 4 SNES (and 1 SFC) games to go before I'm done with those systems!

Good look out there, everyone!

• Like 14

Just picked these up. I've wanted a copy of Trip World to play for a while (not an Aliexpress repro, those are made of paper mache and smashed up pachinko machines), so this was pretty cool to see drop. The flashcart is also kinda neat, though sadly this just has the default blank ROM on it, and I don't have a machine that can reflash it. It's got a switch at the top, something pretty unusual for Gameboy carts. The switch appears to be for toggling the memory bank controller, which is something I haven't seen any other flashcarts use

Trip World DX and Game Jack.jpeg

• Like 10

8 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Wait is that really the jpn box art?

Yup. Because it was a collaboration between Nintendo and Square, my only guess is that Square did all of the production and designs while Nintendo did the publishing.

Next thing I know is that you guys did not know that Samus Aran has a cameo appearance in the game (click here).

wohhhh i got a great price on this. this was only sold with the limited/complete box in japan. someone kept the rest and didnt care about the soundtrack so i snagged it. if someone wants to outer fake-carboard box, i will be listing up for cheap soon.

this is 5 cd of capcom arcade ost. they are just reprints of existing albums but it's a very nice set, i especially like the king of dragons.

IMG-20231124-WA0000.jpeg.567a7eb53bad43162c671110e1516646.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, YOURTURN said:

Yup. Because it was a collaboration between Nintendo and Square, my only guess is that Square did all of the production and designs while Nintendo did the publishing.

Next thing I know is that you guys did not know that Samus Aran has a cameo appearance in the game (click here).

That looks so bad as a Switch game. I respect it as the SFC but I honestly thought that was a fan mock up. Good for them for squeezing every penny out of nostalgia.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

That looks so bad as a Switch game. I respect it as the SFC but I honestly thought that was a fan mock up. Good for them for squeezing every penny out of nostalgia.

Ummm... The images from that link are from the original. ArtePiazza did a spectacular job with the remake (just like they did with remakes of a number of Dragon Quest games). 😅

On 11/25/2023 at 1:42 AM, YOURTURN said:

Ummm... The images from that link are from the original. ArtePiazza did a spectacular job with the remake (just like they did with remakes of a number of Dragon Quest games). 😅

Oh yeah I meant the box art. I played the original and saw Samus in it.  

Ok, so that is not the official box art for the jpn release for the Switch as far as I can tell.

https://www.play-asia.com/search/Super+Mario+RPG#fc=prc:1.0000000000

Edited by RegularGuyGamer
  • Like 1

November Shmovember

Coolshop black friday purchases:

f9mEbig.jpg

72WjL17.jpg

oUaX5vk.jpg

The Super Rare Games mixtapes are cool, maybe that's my young DOS/early internet freeware/shareware soul speaking:

bOKeQiR.jpg

B-stock Sonic Frontiers: The Music of Starfall Islands vinyl for £13 + shipping, didn't really find anything too faulty about it after opening it, even if I'm not super condition sensitive, so very happy with the pricepoint:

32rBTlf.jpg

• Like 11

On 11/25/2023 at 10:40 AM, RegularGuyGamer said:

Oh yeah I meant the box art. I played the original and saw Samus in it.  

Ok, so that is not the official box art for the jpn release for the Switch as far as I can tell.

https://www.play-asia.com/search/Super+Mario+RPG#fc=prc:1.0000000000

Maybe it’s the flipside or a limited cover

This is some stuff I just got recently:

Power Glove CIB Famicom version

DSC00951(Custom).JPG.6bccc4bd0bd6d7415f8b1928983cb044.JPG

PC-98 notebook- now this unit doesn't work but this is no surprise as many of them don't work after such a long time. Maybe it is repairable and this is sometimes successful

DSC00949(Custom).JPG.92a437c53c259509ca6ae87ecbb4b0e9.JPG

Some SCSI connected CD-ROMs for retro computers- bought as tested and working and let's hope they are- testing them soon

DSC00954(Custom).JPG.146957d98fc954818ec626fc906b465a.JPG

Edited by BlackVega
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

The screen looks done for...

Not really the same but I keep my dad's Toshiba Satellite Pro 4300 in amazing condition. Was his travel pc when it was top of the line.

Great stuff with top speakers, cd rom and floppy. Put win 95 on it and you are back to dos and early windows gaming just right.

Its currently running xp with no issues!

20231008_182231.jpg.2e748581b50275da9292dfb9308ec19f.jpg

• Like 3