IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

4 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

He made a game and named it the same as an existing, licensed game?

No, it's just the Famicom game in a 72 pin cartridge. Some westerners are deathly afraid of keeping an AV Famicom in their game rooms, so lots of these sorts of "NA exclusives" exist.  Hell, even Retrozone made a bunch of titles way back when...

• Agree 1

Two packages showed up today, one from VGP, and the other from my sister-in-law in Toronto who picked up some games for me after I wired her the money.

jD6ICMIUTLCez8_kXlUrTw.jpg.35b9600020861a5265e07a09b1737fc4.jpg

I dumped my GC Pikmin games in favour of just getting the pack on Switch, was finally able to get a copy of Celeste after missing several print runs and refusing to pay the high prices, and the one I've been getting hype for: Star Ocean - Second Story R!

o7Ri7nwRQpebmquWy1QXOg.jpg.b38c1aee5cb02d6449327679354db7e0.jpg

I started playing Wonder with the kids and we're having a riot with it, lol. My wife needed her some more Detective Pikachu, and I'm a sucker for Wario Ware games >_>.

dJg9Ap59T2WFcPcSKffUgQ.jpg.7924dae96137d7dbda7870d2f267b46c.jpg

...and as for the retro, I knocked off a few that have been eluding me for a while:

- Batman: This one is in amazing shape and even has the Sunsoft reg. card which was a surprise.

- Great Greed: It took being patient to finally find a complete copy of this at a good price; finding it in the wild was definitely unexpected, especially considering how difficult it is to find CIB Gameboy games anywehere but online (at least, if you're looking for anything other then the dozen or so games that always turn up).

- Power Blade: This is so minty, it looks like it came out of the wrap! As it turns out, there was a collector in TO who would buy multiple copies of games when they would end up in the discount bins back in the day, would open one and keep the rest sealed. Recently, he passed away, and his children - not knowing what to do with all the old games - sold the collection to a store in which I'm pals with the owners; I opted to buy the open copy of Power Blade.

And that's it for now, thanks for looking and good luck to all of you on the hunt!

• Like 9
  • Wow! 2
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Two packages showed up today, one from VGP, and the other from my sister-in-law in Toronto who picked up some games for me after I wired her the money.

jD6ICMIUTLCez8_kXlUrTw.jpg.35b9600020861a5265e07a09b1737fc4.jpg

I dumped my GC Pikmin games in favour of just getting the pack on Switch, was finally able to get a copy of Celeste after missing several print runs and refusing to pay the high prices, and the one I've been getting hype for: Star Ocean - Second Story R!

o7Ri7nwRQpebmquWy1QXOg.jpg.b38c1aee5cb02d6449327679354db7e0.jpg

I started playing Wonder with the kids and we're having a riot with it, lol. My wife needed her some more Detective Pikachu, and I'm a sucker for Wario Ware games >_>.

dJg9Ap59T2WFcPcSKffUgQ.jpg.7924dae96137d7dbda7870d2f267b46c.jpg

...and as for the retro, I knocked off a few that have been eluding me for a while:

- Batman: This one is in amazing shape and even has the Sunsoft reg. card which was a surprise.

- Great Greed: It took being patient to finally find a complete copy of this at a good price; finding it in the wild was definitely unexpected, especially considering how difficult it is to find CIB Gameboy games anywehere but online (at least, if you're looking for anything other then the dozen or so games that always turn up).

- Power Blade: This is so minty, it looks like it came out of the wrap! As it turns out, there was a collector in TO who would buy multiple copies of games when they would end up in the discount bins back in the day, would open one and keep the rest sealed. Recently, he passed away, and his children - not knowing what to do with all the old games - sold the collection to a store in which I'm pals with the owners; I opted to buy the open copy of Power Blade.

And that's it for now, thanks for looking and good luck to all of you on the hunt!

Power Blade's awesome, great find!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Renmauzo said:

Power Blade: This is so minty, it looks like it came out of the wrap! As it turns out, there was a collector in TO who would buy multiple copies of games when they would end up in the discount bins back in the day, would open one and keep the rest sealed. Recently, he passed away, and his children - not knowing what to do with all the old games - sold the collection to a store in which I'm pals with the owners; I opted to buy the open copy of Power Blade.

Such a nice grab! I've been trying to get a nice copy at a decent price for years. Congrats on the find.

• Thanks 1

Hey all, haven't been posting in awhile due to work, but I also haven't picked up much worth showing off lately. Awhile ago I was communicating with Pipedream Games which is a small operation that makes reproduction Saturn releases of titles never released in the US.. So I bought most of their lineup aside just a couple titles, and I'm happy with the overall quality of them for sure. He's hoping to do the whole set of Shining force III releases soon, and these tend to include fan translations when applicable, so it's a neat addition for Saturn collectors.

20231114_112238.jpg?ex=6566169f&is=6553a

20231114_112758.jpg?ex=6566169f&is=6553a

• Like 7
  • Wow! 2

44 minutes ago, goldenpp72 said:

Hey all, haven't been posting in awhile due to work, but I also haven't picked up much worth showing off lately. Awhile ago I was communicating with Pipedream Games which is a small operation that makes reproduction Saturn releases of titles never released in the US.. So I bought most of their lineup aside just a couple titles, and I'm happy with the overall quality of them for sure. He's hoping to do the whole set of Shining force III releases soon, and these tend to include fan translations when applicable, so it's a neat addition for Saturn collectors.

Yeah, Sega sure did know how to screw things up! "Hey North America, here's Shining Force III... do you love it? Isn't it amazing! Guess what? scenario #1 suckers! We'll never give you scenario 2 nor 3... wahahahah!"

The Little Mermaid Reaction GIF

26 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Yeah, Sega sure did know how to screw things up! "Hey North America, here's Shining Force III... do you love it? Isn't it amazing! Guess what? scenario #1 suckers! We'll never give you scenario 2 nor 3... wahahahah!"

The Little Mermaid Reaction GIF

I mean they basically abandoned half of their content in the US because it didn't line up with what Sony was doing.. Lke sure that might make sense if your system had a bunch of stuff going for it, but at that point they should have just owned their niche and released anything they could 😕

Edited by goldenpp72

On 11/14/2023 at 9:39 AM, goldenpp72 said:

Pipedream does a great job on those customs, I've got the Dragon Force 2 and Thunder Force V that that did myself and they sit on my Working Designs shelf.  

• Love 1

Well another week and I'd say clearly the last in a 6 week run of finds in the local area has come to an end, a popular one I buy off of won't be there next week and packing it in for the winter, and well that's how it is in freezing spaces.

This weekend I lucked into grabbing for $30 NES games: Godzilla, Bump n Jump, Excitebike, Tetris, and  Pac-Man(lic.-tengen, which I've had a manual for already.)  I'm familiar with all but the first, and wow that's a fun one and the game has some solid production values both in game and that awesome label art too.

And then the mail came for the FC side of things, got a Kaiser multicart, claims it's from Nintendo of all things, branded right into the plastic on the front, then in the rear with their typical warnings on handling/cleaning with a couple goofy hammering and water warnings and it came with a pretty pristine gold honeybee adapter.  And a day early, just arrived, the last of the FC more or less, Konami had 3 expensive FDS to FC re-releases and I got the one that mattered to me at least Moero Twinbee (Stinger) which has all the original cut out content and that'll be fun later but I have to run off to work. 😕

• Like 2

Social Team · Posted

First off, I've complete my full set of PSVR games.  I'll closely monitor publishers but I think the console is dead given that the PSVR2 is about to hit 1 year anniversary, and the fact that you can't easily port PSVR games to any other VR headset.  PSVR2 are much easier to port to or port from.  This is why I think PSVR will die a quick death.

So with that onto PSVR2 collecting!  I got some custom protective lenses for the PSVR2 headset and two more games..

Spoiler

f7kylZU.jpg

4TmhF7j.jpg

Some Switch pick ups...

Spoiler

FW6u3Rz.jpg

Some PS4 pickups

Spoiler

ayVdRY1.jpg

yYcwugg.jpg

Some PS3 games, PS2 and PSVita pickups.  Big pickup was Time Crisis 4 with the sensor bar.  I now have two guns and the sensor bar.  Time for some co-op gaming.

Spoiler

l3d9CtJ.jpg

USi84Ev.jpg

7dO0RBk.jpg

RipR6pW.jpg

CD7RE5W.jpg

KwddNyf.jpg

Lastly I got a hardcover copy of the complete Horizon Zero Dawn graphic novel collection

5t5hvrH.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1