IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

15 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Wow! 300 discs in one CD player -- I honestly did not know such a thing exits 🙂

I bought it new many years ago when such things were common.  It's surprisingly small considering what it holds.  It has the ability to to read the band, album and song off the CD if the CD has that capability.  Unfortunately, the majority of my CD collection was purchased before that was common, so I had to manually enter the name of each album through the keyboard input.  

I also have a 200 disc CD player in storage which can piggy back off the 300 disc unit if I wanted to.  Sony also made a 400 disc player that played CDs and DVDs with HDMI output.  I might have even played SACD, but I can't remember for sure.  I almost bought one of those when they were still available new at Best Buy.  I kind of wish I had because now the only way to get them is second hand, and they go for a pretty penny.  Amazingly, the 400 disc player wasn't much larger than my 300 disc unit.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

wth? why would anybody leave 300 discs inside. i carefully take a cd out and back in its case once done listening 😮 😮

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-CDP-CX355-Storage-Compact-Changer/dp/B0000AKKS9

pretty crazy. maybe more useful for shops or restaurants or other commercial locations, i guess

Why not?  It certainly isn't going to get damaged.  I enjoy the convenience of having my entire collection ready to play at the push of a button. 

And that link gave me a chuckle.  I remember paying $180 for mine brand new.   

2 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

Thanks to @fsped09 for the hookup on the 8bit Xmas boxes that I didn’t have. The aesthetics of this pleases me greatly!!

image.jpg

Beautiful --

Question, the people who make the 8-bit Xmas series are here on VGS is that right? I have a question I'd like to ask them, so if someone could put me in touch I would appreciate it, thanks 🙂

10 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Beautiful --

Question, the people who make the 8-bit Xmas series are here on VGS is that right? I have a question I'd like to ask them, so if someone could put me in touch I would appreciate it, thanks 🙂

Check for contact info on the site: https://www.retrousb.com - I don’t think he comes around here anymore so that might be your best bet. 

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Thanks 1

It's been a minute, but lots going on at the house, I've lost the game room to using it for storage while construction continues. Some things did come in though, and I finally found a copy of the game that's given me the slip for 8 years and has led to my first (and probably will be 'only' full set).

_n0SgnX1SOiqc-tX8kYoxQ.jpg.00589fd040ecbea67982b62521023166.jpg

I got Pretty Princess at my daughter's request, this new Harvest Moon looks more like a return to form and not like the terrible games they've been pumping out for the last 10 years. I realized - after the fact - that I have a first print of Cave Story + which is why I bought this one by accident (the covers are different :/). Elderand just looked interesting...

IED_aedKTVmJrWbBtcX3YA.jpg.54356a5b4fcb171df44ccfe11f74a420.jpg

I couldn't resist Persona or that Ace Attorney Trilogy, Mario vs DK is always a blast with clever puzzle gameplay, and everything I've seen and heard about Drainus has led me to believe this game will be fire!

697T7RB1RF-1h-F565oEpQ.jpg.f40a6644e1ecea5653b3403d7cfcf96c.jpg

I am a fiend for the tactical games, so I just had to get the Monarch version of UO from VGP. I've been playing a TON of Picross (1 through 9 by Jupiter on Switch) lately, and realized I never got Mario Super Picross and managed to get a complete copy for $3. My wife also participated in a KS campaign for that book on the right which I'm looking forward to thumbing through.

Hq19iGnKRGOKk31CxA_Epw.jpg.cc61c745b582547dc9d222b41c400b40.jpg

I recently realized that I never got Yoshi's Cookie for SNES and felt compelled to rectify that. I don't care what people say, I'm a fan of that game. I got a smoking deal on a fully complete Xexyz, so I was finally able to knock that off the list. And, I got the last Arcade Gears release in the set on Saturn in Image Fight & X-Multiply...i just had to be patient to find one fully complete and at a good price.

1Upv8Z0OS1alFO2nSCtsIw.jpg.43ad19f642d5c3e098420092932921f2.jpg

Finally, the one that's eluded me for nearly a decade, Chakra-kun's Charm Paradise! I've literally checked Mercari and Yahoo Japan daily since my journey for the Loopy began. I found a copy within a set once, but this went up and the seller had 2 old stock that they staggered to auction. The second copy went for over $1,000, so I'm glad I muscled my way to getting the first copy while there was no sale data to base the price off of. With this, I now have the full set for Casio Loopy!!!

Can we get a Loopy badge >_>...?

Anyway, that's pretty well going go be it for a few weeks, but we'll see what things look like around here after MGC in Milwaukee. Thanks all!

• Like 7
  • Wow! 1

IMG_1770.jpeg.d546aa1478cd16f57bbb95d2ae2195de.jpegIMG_1771.jpeg.8c568554ba4c1822b9792dab705ef37d.jpegIMG_1772.jpeg.e3bf54223dce2828bffba681ee514630.jpeg

I went crazy and picked up a bunch of Atari games over the last while. Mostly lots that I purchased. Too many to list. Most notably, I was able to collect most of the text label games. Still missing a few, but I did burn out so I’m in no rush. Not everyone’s cup of tea but I think it’s kinda cool.

IMG_1844.jpeg.6f0270f2c7ac97cbda96d19900440017.jpeg

A few random games. I have the 3-D glasses floating around somewhere. The effect is actually pretty good. Really enjoy Tekken 3 too.

IMG_1843.jpeg.2d4cd5a4843620307ca2dbb54dee7cd2.jpeg

Picked up some heavy hitters (for me anyway) for my NES collection. While I like the Castlevania games, I’m most happy with finding a reasonably priced Clu Clu Land. I could never find a copy that wasn’t overly expensive, same for Wild Gunman. The 3 new additions to my black box collection put me over the halfway mark.

• Like 9

Back from Japan and found a few things over there. I was really hoping to find more GBA and N64 stuff but it was mostly stuff I already had or was insanely priced.

I went to a lot of retro game stores and Book Offs and for me Hiroshima and Kobe had the most reasonable stores. Tokyo is just ridiculous and more of a thing to do to laugh at how crazy the prices are. 

If anyone is going to Japan and needs a list of stores just let me know.

The best deals were the Xbox360 games. A lot of them go for $1-5. The shmups were around $25 and in essentially new condition. I wasn’t collecting 360 before I left but I guess I am now 🤣

The switch games were well priced and with tax free they were even better.

I was happy to finally find a decent copy of Doraemon on N64. This one always seems to be trashed when I am looking for it. The other N64 games were well priced and once again tax free made it even better.

Also got the Zelda TotK pro controller which was like $30 cheaper with the tax free vs what it costs here so I was happy to grab that for a good price.

IMG_6758-compressed.jpeg.f335a7c5cb80326f0757457687b18da6.jpeg

IMG_6759-compressed.jpeg.9ca0392ea673f023ccebba5f3d6a9b71.jpeg

IMG_6760-compressed.jpeg.4e199b5a109babdea361cfcf95708168.jpeg

IMG_6761-compressed.jpeg.62d0c755b08dc01c0c2fc8160864d0ef.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I've been away on a work trip for a month in Virginia, because of that I had to have this guy redirected to a hotel because they would have sent it back due to requiring an 'adult signature' which is new. Ironic that the one I have always wanted to exist ended up being not only expensive, but also a bit difficult to obtain and then get back home.. That said, I finally have a statue of my favorite game character design, Zero! I spent some time today putting him in place and tidying up everything, I'll throw in a bonus picture of Jigglypuff and crew since that's also new.

AP1GczPCcKciyXG81P9XbbZ2l76nJtCUGNDI821qAP1GczOBC0Y1SSfmiVUv_7VG6zWtjUY7qfXJIliOAP1GczMNTU1z5VH3yFqvbqrCuJIMxCT5ukwbo5cBAP1GczNTrDBlNuHHwXT_v_A2H4WJkQweu_3x9rAUAP1GczNSBw2qbm-amAaj7KRMebGQPpZQCyfAjuDBAP1GczP2sw-Jo14wMx8ocDktsH5TwFyHgBMf7EkcAP1GczPae4-lwGIGvQEgGgHwI4fAQir2-OKf7MbrAP1GczOryoU1i49WMHgJh5i7NLZWePRYoDqg4x48

Edited by goldenpp72
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, drxandy said:

I started collecting some more autographed items:

Dev team signed copy of Project Gotham Racing 2

spacer.png

Guitar Hero Live guitar autographed by James Franco and Lenny Kravitz from the ad campaign

spacer.png

Very cool! Do they come with some guarantee of authenticity? There are so many fakes out there (not saying yours are), you gotta be careful. WATA has started something that authenticates video game autographs, which is great! It's similar to what CGC does for autographed comic books --

https://blog.watagames.com/2023/07/17/welcome-to-watagraphs/

That said, they've only done a handful of games, it would be lovely if they do more.

1 hour ago, avatar! said:

Very cool! Do they come with some guarantee of authenticity? There are so many fakes out there (not saying yours are), you gotta be careful. WATA has started something that authenticates video game autographs, which is great! It's similar to what CGC does for autographed comic books --

https://blog.watagames.com/2023/07/17/welcome-to-watagraphs/

That said, they've only done a handful of games, it would be lovely if they do more.

Nice, I didn't know wata was into autographs now, thanks for the info!! Unfortunately no proof. I didn't pay very much for either and it was kind of fun to do the research.

I asked the seller of Project Gotham Racing a little bit about themselves because they had a bunch of random 360 games signed by dev teams and interestingly enough they worked community engagement in tech moderating for teen people, wizard world (now fan expo) convention. It was enough provenance for me, along with the other signed games they had listed. I also looked through the games credits to find who the names belonged to and dots started connecting.. it all added up to me.

The guitar was listed only as autographed but a mystery by who signed. Did some detective work, at first I thought it could be one of the bands that autographed for giveaways through social media but 2 signatures isn't normal for a band. Kravitz signature was legible enough so I compared to known autographs and it looks right to me, googled more and saw kravitz and Franco did the ad campaign so looked up Francos signature and his looks the way it should too. I was planning on trying to bother the ad agency on social media to see if they autographed any during the shoots.

• Like 1