IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Not sure if this was mentioned. The repro has a circle with a dot in it after the 4-3-1 of the date, on the back insert. I have no idea why. That makes it really easy to spot with a quick look. Of course, better check the manual and disc to be absolutely sure.

I got a Japanese Lords of Shadow, but not for Japan.

20240303_115549.jpg.8b83c76dbb220eec7485e82076d28402.jpg

20240303_115557.jpg.e8db5cdc405dd7fafb6d976cc953fd0e.jpg

• Like 6

image.jpeg.124fe4fd92576f01bb30b4f87cd0bbf9.jpeg

image.jpeg.e54c6d01da436d9100e4a717789f83c7.jpeg

Got this TV stand for free.

I don't have a truck, so the guy I got the stand from had to take the screws off one leg. Then, of course, I put them back on once I got the stand home.

I put some of my PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 games on the stand (will include more later, but most are going to stay on some of my shelves), as well as some collector's edition packages.

Also got that TV for free last month. The Wii is hooked up to it with a WII 2 HDMI adapter. Too bad the Wii isn't an HD system; the image looks a little blurry despite the console being set to widescreen and the adapter providing at least Component cable picture quality. Also note the lights on the Wii's sensor bar...you can see them with a camera.

The stand has a drawer, which I'm using for some guides.

And yes, I am thinking about hooking up a PS3 and Xbox 360 to the TV.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5

Found this on eBay (as well as a copy of Night Arrow for Famicom). I'm not super huge on multicarts that don't have unlicensed originals on them, but this one is kinda neat. It is by the same company that did the Megacom and Supervision(?) multis for NES, which are some of the more popular multis to collect for the system. This is the only Genesis/Mega Drive one I'm aware of them making. It is taller and heavier than regular Genesis carts and has an unusually high game count for a Genesis multi...is what I would say but they actually just put a small handful of games on it and gave more menu options that let you skip further into the game. The game selection is still decent for a Genesis multi, but not some impossibly high number

Megacom 100 in 1.jpg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

got this in person from the solution house that built it for game fighter

not really made in taiwan like the box says 😆

20240318_083403.jpg.e3186b71a60e8bd695b5efda608b66df.jpg

Woah, those are really hard to come by. Did yours come with any pack in titles? Some old fliers for these show them being sold with unlicensed originals, but I never see them actually being sold with the carts

Edit: Probably should have finished reading the post before reacting, that's my bad. Still really cool to see

Edited by Ankos

no cart was included.

this is the "original" taiwan release, actually this copy is from the very first units ever made, guy had a bunch but threw them away years ago, he kept this one only as memory of the project.

maybe when it was resold in other places it came with games, this i don't know (there are photos of a spanish model with different box and silkscreen on the lcd part, so it's confirmed that super fighter offered it to other businesses/distributors with possibility of customising the look).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

no cart was included.

this is the "original" taiwan release, actually this copy is from the very first units ever made, guy had a bunch but threw them away years ago, he kept this one only as memory of the project.

maybe when it was resold in other places it came with games, this i don't know (there are photos of a spanish model with different box and silkscreen on the lcd part, so it's confirmed that super fighter offered it to other businesses/distributors with possibility of customising the look).

I dug up the old picture of the flyer I mentioned earlier

image.jpeg.a3979d41b56db58ef53711695b7be506.jpeg

• Like 1

I Had one of my best finds last Friday Night off FB Marketplace a good Hour and Half each way to pickup.

112 Sega Master System games a ton of Variants (European ones) only 4 games missing manuals.

I asked him where he got them as I was curious to how he got almost a complete set of 3 different Variants.

So he got this tub and a NES tub in a Storage Auction he deals in Scrap metal and Car parts and that's all he could see but found the two tubs hidden after getting in there.

He was happy to get rid of them all in one go instead of piecing it all out. He was asking $15 each but I got them for 1k (Australian Dollars) which is around $650 US

*note I didn't get the NES games as he wanted $20 each and nothing really stood out except megaman 4, I was going to have a look through them when I arrived but sold the lot while I was on my way.

Sega Game Lot.JPG

Sega Game Pickup ad.jpg

Edited by Tdub21
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 2

19 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Cool! do you collect cassette soundtracks? I've heard rumors they're making a comeback...

I've ordered each of the TMNT soundtracks from LRG so far.  There is only one more to go, which should be available next month.  Each one was available in CD, cassette, and vinyl.  I was really torn on which to get.  I only picked cassette because I have some old TNMT cassette tapes from my childhood, and I thought they would go well together.  

I don't really collect cassette tapes, but I have a super small collection, I would be willing to purchase more if I find them cheap, and it's music I enjoy listening to.  I have a cassette player as part of my home theater, along with my turntable, and 300 disc CD player.  I enjoy listening to music of any format, but cassette tapes certainly make up the smallest amount of my personal music.  

With that said, I've also heard rumors about cassette tapes making a bit of a comeback.  I don't think it will ever reach the level that vinyl did, but maybe it will.  

JOQOPTF.png

Playasia had a buy 3 for $100 on certain games a month or two ago. I wasn't planning on buying anything originally, but then saw they randomly had new copies of Ni no Kuni: Dominion of the Dark Djinn, so I said screw it, I'll buy a copy to replace the one I already have and also pick up Ghost Trick. I'll open it once I find a box protector for it. Personas from LRG of course.

• Like 6