IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Pickups over the last 6 months, all either found in the wild or obtained by trading away things found in the wild. This likely finishes my 2023 acquisitions, since yard sales and flea markets are done for the year.

Favorite find, and the only thing I paid more than a couple bucks for, was this original Odyssey. Only the 2nd I've ever seen in the wild and they're both now in my collection.  It's an incomplete set (console, 2 controllers, 6 cards, and a stack of overlays, no power supply, switchbox, or the other feelies it came with) but does include the rifle, in box, which I didn't have before.

2023b_1.jpg.7d73fde2f77996230063ebd362fca4ae.jpg

Some miscellaneous PS2, Wii, DS, 3DS, Gamecube and Switch games, also a Timex-Sinclair 1000 and (flashback to junior high) a sliderule. Wonder if I still know how to use it...

2023b_2.jpg.50947206ac1582bb44e6e5e0e8e958be.jpg

Still more Xbox 360 games. Most came from a single garage sale.

2023b_3.jpg.2956ee1e8138e18699c51fcca723df48.jpg

And, finally, these Saturn games.  I didn't exactly find them in the wild, but got them in trade for other things I *did* find in the wild, so that counts, right?  Most excited to try Radiant Silvergun, the only game new to me, as the others are condition and/or completeness upgrades of games I already have.

2023b_4.jpg.7ea60770a73cf7101c13da30512e7880.jpg

• Like 10
  • Wow! 1

I got 2 packages in on Friday and have spent the weekend (or what little free time I've had, really) messing around with the Analogue Duo.

edCvYWhUQRGbtib1tRBjtg.png.1e6439587f1b2e6fffa2ccf1e8c99616.png

The other package was of the last games for this year that I bought from Japan.

6G3VjJIMSFeJLeVARShMRg.jpg.966e48548db36da25ee2f1c75447937b.jpg

This is my first time buying a Famicom game, and I've waited patiently to find the right copy at the right price list November 2022, so after a year, I finally found a complete copy at the right price. Very excited to have and play this one! I've heard, read and seen nothing but great things!

JiDia1jlQzSVUnw9eqiVqw.jpg.de569cdcc7c108d3dddf99c1e5f49edb.jpg

Speaking of games that have been a 'long time coming', I landed a near mint copy of the Groove on Fight RAM cart bundle for a song, and finally picked up Skullfang Kuuga.

IH37QvrwQAiAbSP6VolUlQ.jpg.8fc7e834bb05b4d43cc7b213b33e9a4d.jpg

Then, I was finally able to get another couple of games that I've been patient on since Nov. '22 🙂

kS4HALuXRiKGykgcDkD5Ow.jpg.3ab0dbf65840c12ae2a51274d7e738d4.jpg

Just a few more:

I got a Japanese copy of Cotton because I bought the North American version by accident last year because I conflated the two from a price perspective, lol.

In what ended up being a complete surprise, I got a new copy of Trizeal...not by design, but because the price was right so I figured "why not?". This was also my last Dreamcast game, so now I'm done with the DC!

And, because I seem to have become a fan of Human's catalogue...and because I LOVE Twin Peaks, I just had to get Mizzurna Falls; this will probably be about the only time I play a game with a translation guide just so that I can experience the game on original hardware.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

That's a wrap on imports for me in 2023! I hope you all find what you're looking for 🙂

Edited by Renmauzo
  • Like 11

Lots of Christmas goodies for me this year (just like last year).

image.jpeg.1413641f7aa7b86d766053ddbb936413.jpeg

image.jpeg.5de6ed5a6caf3ee70e604b7d3fc1be94.jpeg

Mario keychain and Pac-Man ornament.

image.jpeg.c5d03bd1fde7ced4a5f02b31e9433b13.jpeg

Sonic the Hedgehog ornament.

image.jpeg.df2fdab04120597fd5b55182df8c6e8b.jpeg

Super Mario 2024 Calendar.

image.jpeg.4e4c13d4abd4a8b98b80173babcfb07f.jpeg

Licensed, Retro-style Chuck E. Cheese shirt. I bought a Chuck E. Cheese Birthday shirt at the restaurant this year (and wore it on my Birthday), which is a youth XL. This one is for adults, and is in my size: mens medium. I like that Chuck E. Cheese appeals to both kids and adults, with both modern and retro-style items.

image.jpeg.bbace055e1107b0d025c56d8a1535d8e.jpeg

A modern-style Chuck E. Cheese picture that my brother painted. He gave me a Mega Man painting last year.

image.jpeg.cebb8e9f6b94e7e330c12bae68b4aae2.jpeg

External case. Has 2 TB of space.

image.jpeg.db346b577c8d7425a3b3fa64140c0c65.jpeg

Heathcliff complete series on DVD.

image.jpeg.d275fc450cf7d64fdfa12db0eed26bf4.jpeg

Razer Wireless Gaming Mouse.

image.jpeg.53fa7aa2cb18aa3f28e41cb855ba90f5.jpeg

Coca-Cola branded Popcorn Maker.

Other stuff: 

image.jpeg.3556bd3b4fb5baf15b92ee3e6cb32a17.jpeg

image.jpeg.0b9ee20fb342c62c6e2cc7595e145629.jpeg

Not a new addition to my collection, but I haven't seen it in years. I was just looking through some boxes, and found the box for my slim PS2 that I got in 2006 or so. It still has the price tag and labels.

More pics to come later.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta drive back to my parent's house and watch movies and eat turkey with my family.

image.jpeg.d58d13e6d21d920f4d0295eaf72473f8.jpeg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 9

17 hours ago, D~Funk said:

Birfmas loot! 

20231225_174106.jpg

Heck of an RPG haul 🙂

I did finish Double Dragon Gaiden recently -- if you need a break from those long long RPGs, it's a fun one. Honestly you'll be done with DDG in a few hours. I'll write a short review of it soon -- curious to hear what others thought of it!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, avatar! said:

Heck of an RPG haul 🙂

I did finish Double Dragon Gaiden recently -- if you need a break from those long long RPGs, it's a fun one. Honestly you'll be done with DDG in a few hours. I'll write a short review of it soon -- curious to hear what others thought of it!

Looking forward to checking out Double Dragon Gaiden! Looks pretty fun! Excited about all the rpgs too. Been behind on some of these for a while. Currently playing Star Ocean Second Story R which is great!

Last pickup post of 2023! Some good stuff came in recently 🙂

A couple CIB GBPs

ur9WEcF.jpg

Various games, a neat carrying case for Switch carts, and my first ever Pokemon distribution cart. I waited a while for Krazy Racers to come down in price a bit, and Doom and the distribution cart I got in a trade! Cooking Mama and Touch Detective 2&1/2 were bought brand new from Amazon and eBay respectively, those can still be picked up for nice prices. 

xwb2p2e.jpg

More rewards from "My Nintendo" 

z3uRQgY.jpg

Lots of Switch games

K2tIquV.jpg

Sealed games, sealed Angora Rabbit plush which was a preorder bonus for Story of Seasons 3DS, sealed hard to find Squinkies 2 with the toys for DS. 

XPBnX9H.jpg

A haul of NES stuff, with the first 3 games being sealed. I'm not planning to keep everything in this pic but I will be holding on to it for a while. 

aMuRnpe.jpg

Sealed Raystorm, sealed EA Racing 3-pack, and CIB Steel Reign for PlayStation 

OgDuX7j.jpg

My first Sega Dreamcast with a nice game I got for a decent price 

QO8d9bh.jpg

and my first ever kiosk!

MoMsxZC.jpg

There were some more games that came in but nothing special, just some more Switch games. This is the good stuff!

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 10
  • Wow! 2

1 hour ago, MiamiSlice said:

Last pickup post of 2023! Some good stuff came in recently 🙂

A couple CIB GBPs

ur9WEcF.jpg

Various games, a neat carrying case for Switch carts, and my first ever Pokemon distribution cart. I waited a while for Krazy Racers to come down in price a bit, and Doom and the distribution cart I got in a trade! Cooking Mama and Touch Detective 2&1/2 were bought brand new from Amazon and eBay respectively, those can still be picked up for nice prices. 

xwb2p2e.jpg

More rewards from "My Nintendo" 

z3uRQgY.jpg

Lots of Switch games

K2tIquV.jpg

Sealed games, sealed Angora Rabbit plush which was a preorder bonus for Story of Seasons 3DS, sealed hard to find Squinkies 2 with the toys for DS. 

XPBnX9H.jpg

A haul of NES stuff, with the first 3 games being sealed. I'm not planning to keep everything in this pic but I will be holding on to it for a while. 

aMuRnpe.jpg

Sealed Raystorm, sealed EA Racing 3-pack, and CIB Steel Reign for PlayStation 

OgDuX7j.jpg

My first Sega Dreamcast with a nice game I got for a decent price 

QO8d9bh.jpg

and my first ever kiosk!

MoMsxZC.jpg

There were some more games that came in but nothing special, just some more Switch games. This is the good stuff!

Congratulations on the kiosk! That thing is a beaut! The peak Gameboy experience with a Pokemon elemental to boot. Great display piece. 

• Thanks 1

image.jpeg.f1442687a84aa3fc9d552025068a006b.jpeg

image.jpeg.e36196605ad0782c38c4e5e71b6344ad.jpeg

Forza Motorsport 3 Limited Collector's Edition, complete and near-mint. Local purchase. And no, I did not pay 90 bucks. I bought it for 20 bucks. 😎

image.jpeg.760b4006f3f02a3a16466de24ea55f2c.jpeg

image.jpeg.0f78ae5ff53a9697c07df170e565e05d.jpeg

image.jpeg.60cf87b0bd69df5429dbcb5b558334fd.jpeg

image.jpeg.8fee4bbfce6641c4d75d1bc71b5031b1.jpeg

Rockman Corner article: https://www.rockman-corner.com/2023/12/japan-exclusive-rockman-cellphone-games.html

Some of you might remember some Mega Man games released for phones in the U.S. and Canada in 2004 or so (I do). A bunch of these games were only released in Japan, but many of them have been preserved and can be played again. I remember reading about some of these Japanese-only games on the Mega Man Homepage in the mid 2000s. Well, here they are again. I decided to download them.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

All these big posts and big images, and well I'm going to keep it simple.

I've found some stuff recently (like a couple of GB games for $4 ea with Wave Race and F1-Race both non-PC in cases, GameGear adapter for my MegaSg, etc), even got some stuff even in the mail from fcgamer a split order with half about so far.  But all that said, the most important find for me even over that, as it was local, and was a great many years hoping to see it (and never owning it in the past times I've had the hardware either) made it amazing to get and it's just one game alone.

Sega Genesis - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker   I always wanted that one, never got it, then wrote it off when he died as well, the vultures come out of the woodwork.  It was found at a local shop here, they wanted $60 but accepted a $50 offer and it's in amazing shape with everything clean, no wear or funk to the sticker.  Such a unique and screwy game, but quite a lot of fun.

• Like 6

My half price books up the street had some adult drop their 90s gaming/cartoon toy collection there and it all wen out for $4 a piece.  I walked away with some fine stuff if any of your memories are jogged by it.  Capcom and Marvel did some co-packs of stuff, grabbed a Chun Li, Mega Man w/War Machine from that, one of those SMB3 happy meal Racoon Mario springs, the Ocarina of time 6" or so Link w/sword(shield lost) and Ganon, and one of those bd&a plushie beanie wing cap marios with the tag on it.  Then went back today when I realized the mistake and grabbed that war machine and also from the megaman/bandai line the Rush dog with jetpack.  The biggest wins are the plush, 2 zelda pieces, and rush which surprised me.  They're all on display, again, NFS territory.

If were flipping again there were a ton of those old fox era cartoon xmen toys and vehicles in that same pile with other quality stuff including a few vintage tmnt things, whenever one of the usual local scalpers find it they'll grab the tray if they know what's good for them, if not both of the trays and some contents from the usual wall hangers too.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

My half price books up the street had some adult drop their 90s gaming/cartoon toy collection there and it all wen out for $4 a piece.  I walked away with some fine stuff if any of your memories are jogged by it.  Capcom and Marvel did some co-packs of stuff, grabbed a Chun Li, Mega Man w/War Machine from that, one of those SMB3 happy meal Racoon Mario springs, the Ocarina of time 6" or so Link w/sword(shield lost) and Ganon, and one of those bd&a plushie beanie wing cap marios with the tag on it.  Then went back today when I realized the mistake and grabbed that war machine and also from the megaman/bandai line the Rush dog with jetpack.  The biggest wins are the plush, 2 zelda pieces, and rush which surprised me.  They're all on display, again, NFS territory.

If were flipping again there were a ton of those old fox era cartoon xmen toys and vehicles in that same pile with other quality stuff including a few vintage tmnt things, whenever one of the usual local scalpers find it they'll grab the tray if they know what's good for them, if not both of the trays and some contents from the usual wall hangers too.

I wish you'd post a pic of these toys! Those are great finds, especially the Capcom toys. 

7 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

I wish you'd post a pic of these toys! Those are great finds, especially the Capcom toys. 

I just don't want to upload images here after some underhanded drama some months ago, its why I removed the stuff and went to text, but here I put it on my hosting some quickie images I showed a local friend at the time.

http://tanooki.byethost8.com/trade/toys1.jpg

http://tanooki.byethost8.com/trade/toys2.jpg

http://tanooki.byethost8.com/trade/toys3.jpg

If you're curious what the gashapon toys are in #3, it's a complete set.  Forgot to mention dropped $10 on these, haven't assembled them yet.  Seems they have notably more value than what I got into them at least, and there's a nice chibi naruto button pin as well.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394341238037

• Like 2
  • Love 1

What's New In My Collection
Link's Family Tried For Christmas edition

My mother gets (very slightly) distraught if I say I don't want anything for Christmas. So in recent years I have tried to set aside some things I would normally buy myself and put those on my wish list. This year (among other, non video game things) I asked for "Switch games - Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Paper Mario & the Origami King"

My brother emailed me on Christmas and said "Zelda is in the mail, sorry for the delay" That's fine. I laughed when I saw the shipping label, dated 12/27. I laughed some more when I opened it and unwrapped it.

IMG_5446.jpg

I laughed but slightly less, when I turned it over to find this.

IMG_5448.jpg.8642d546c1ee7044b57ae2e85c9d681b.jpg

I also see that he didn't procrastinate as much as the shipping label had me think, because there was a gift receipt (that I can't use for a return) showing that he ordered it on 12/3. So I guess he had to wait for it to cross the pond.

Mom did better, she recognized her limitations in video game shopping and mailed me a check

IMG_5447-(1).jpg.ecb9fb81a9c82f6cc609efe1e92cc27d.jpg

I got a copy of the game and I'm gonna keep the check in the sleeve.

Edited by Link
pressing Ctrl+Enter is the keyboard shortcut to hit Post while you are writing
  • Like 7