IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

image.jpeg.eb5365ec03bb3ec88ed8890550f3484d.jpeg

image.jpeg.aed9ae0b68dc49634adac1f1db45e580.jpeg

image.jpeg.0e6b1e19fa5410d16bfcf4302064d5ad.jpeg

image.jpeg.40d96e475da05c06fef348b652483809.jpeg

Got Ocarina of Time Master Quest. Found it in an ad, then had to do almost an hour of driving to pick it up. The manual and disc are near-mint. I made the seller an offer. I won't say how much I spent, but it was less than any American/Canadian copy that's on eBay. Case is a little worn (mainly on the front), though it could be worse (and I always have the option to buy another case that is near-mint). Game works without issues on my Cube. The disc also includes videos, likely because the games don't use very much space. The menu uses sound effects from the 2001/2002 multi-game interactive discs, and the 2003 GameCube Preview Disc.

I've had Zelda: Collector's Edition in my collection for years, but it doesn't include Master Quest. I have every Zelda game released for the console, except Wind Waker. Even though I just got Master Quest, I'll buy a copy of Wind Waker with the Master Quest disc just for completeness.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 8

I picked these up off of a website called japanspelshop.se (I think it is run by a user on Famicom World). It was a listing for six floppy disks and a USB floppy drive. I've been meaning to get a USB floppy drive, so it made sense to me. The disks have some Korean MSX games (which back in the day were very infringing, three of these are ports of Mario games). I don't think original copies of these games were sold on floppy disks, so I'm guessing some fan wrote these sometime down the line. I didn't see any other floppy disks on the website, so I'm guessing the seller got these second hand

MSX Floppy.jpg

• Like 8

My copy of Virtual Boy & Game Boy Anthology arrived.  The version I ordered came with a copy of Brick 'N Destroy for the Game Boy.  

I have every book in the "Anthology" line from Geeks Line that I'm aware of (PS1, NES, SNES, N64, GC, GB/VB and PC Engine).   I've definitely enjoyed this series.  

m134E1h.jpg

TXqx6vu.jpg

• Like 8

Trying to post more often this year! 

WRajwaq.jpg

Picked up some deals from VGP and LRG

lAj7Zoj.jpg

The top two games were both Woot / Amazon deals. Then the 3 ET games were a bundle on eBay that was listed for $49.95, I offered $40 and the seller accepted. They look like interesting obscure games, and one of these games is kind of hard to find. Also it's crazy that NewKidCo churned out 5 games with the ET license. 

The PS2 demo discs I just went for on a whim because the one on the right has some cool demos (including Klonoa 2 and MTV Music Maker). And of course I'm still getting Nintendo Force in the mail!

• Like 8

Hi all! Starting off 2024 kinda quiet, and working on something huge for April besides holding some money back for MGC. A few things did show up in the last few days though...

v7Mr1T7nTRGXbVL1UGucKg.jpg.2dfcec42ef0bed0cc2684f9d7ed8769d.jpg

Bomb Rush Cyberfunk seemed like a cool game to get some of that JGR feel, and my wife has been playing the shit out of Baldur's Gate 3 on her Steam Deck, so she wanted to make sure we got the physical for PS5 so we could play co-op.

The real win for me was finally getting Dokapon on GBA, a game I've been trying to get complete at a reasonable price for about 7 years now!

lW-z5VfUTQK5enieVcg8WA.jpg.f3c5cd70c347d5e0845865e60f092fc5.jpg

And for Christmas, my wife got me a Play Date!!! I'm absolutely over the moon to have one of these and have been playing it a little every day and having a blast. I love this thing, and the games are fantastic! Gun Trails (shoot 'em up) is AMAZING, and not something I would have thought possible here, but, yeah, there are just a ton of fun and interesting games. Highly, HIGHLY recommended for portable fans 🙂

All the best, folks!

• Like 7

On 1/12/2024 at 7:40 PM, MiamiSlice said:

Then the 3 ET games were a bundle on eBay that was listed for $49.95, I offered $40 and the seller accepted. They look like interesting obscure games, and one of these games is kind of hard to find. Also it's crazy that NewKidCo churned out 5 games with the ET license.

Speaking of ET --

ET1.jpg

ET2.jpg

Definitely can't say the box is perfect, but then again, I heard that shrink wrapped copies of the game are somewhat rare and I always wanted a copy of "the worst video game" 🙂

et GIF

Edited by avatar!
  • Like 8

image.jpeg.5a018d8b6459e747241b395da50b1155.jpeg

image.jpeg.69c49b533d61eeb036eacc1f61e25a1b.jpeg

Got The Jungle Book on SNES. Local purchase. Found it in an ad. It is complete with box, manual, and inserts, and the seller also included a box protector. Aside from some very minor corner wear on the box, it is basically near-mint.

Used to have this in 2000 or so, and bought it at a video rental store selling some of their SNES games. I remember renting the NES version at the same store in 1994 or 1995 and liked that version a little more, but remember liking this version too. Even though it is included in Disney Classics Game Collection (which I have for Switch), it's still nice to have this for my SNES again.

image.jpeg.23967dfe069ad7da9225f42d5b23742c.jpeg

image.jpeg.ae8d9111e30b8545864a56749a7799b6.jpeg

The GB Boy Colour ("Game Boy Boy Colour"?) from Kong Feng. Plays Game Boy Color cartridges like the real Game Boy Color, and has some built-in games. Another local purchase. Got it with the box and manuals. Oh, and the seller included a copy of Monopoly on Game Boy Color for free. Yay.

image.jpeg.8eaf684de3bc61c4e36f8fbb6ab8f5d3.jpeg

Got an old CRT TV for free. It works well and is in pretty good shape, other than being a little dusty on the back. The seller included the remote too. Yeah, I collect CRT TV's too. I've collected a bunch over the years. The Ms. Pac-Man Plug and Play is something I got a couple years ago; I just used it to test the TV.

image.jpeg.4ee1f6d2ca0dba1113e7af61b6f535eb.jpeg

image.jpeg.4d17517e3711705c42a5a10a98c5ad99.jpeg

image.jpeg.808ac860526b669260f4fedef7953032.jpeg

image.jpeg.1765c8a389199f720d0a84ed5f5ec3ae.jpeg

Got the Super Mario RPG remake. Super Mario RPG is my favorite Mario game on the SNES, so I thought it'd make sense to buy the remake.

image.jpeg.8e61fe29e0a3fcadc438d057e4bb4c06.jpeg

Went to McDonald's to grab a bite to eat (don't usually go there, but do once in a while). Got a Cheeseburger Happy Meal and it came with this Crash Bandicoot card game. I saw a Crash Bandicoot Happy Meal box on display at the counter, but they didn't give that to me. They just gave me a regular Happy Meal box.

image.jpeg.a084c816327b5362a756444d0404d3b1.jpeg

image.jpeg.b397d4dad8a47fa95bf4bca4b8edfc16.jpeg

The Tiger Electronics Net Jet Online Gaming System, still sealed. I'll probably just keep it sealed, as its online features and support were discontinued in 2009/2010.

image.jpeg.53dcdb2afbc780615cc9e07954c09812.jpeg

image.jpeg.dba096516358773e8e6ddb02cfedd6b4.jpeg

I mentioned in a different topic that I recently got a shelf. Well, this is the shelf. I have two game rooms that are full, closets in other rooms that are full (of even more games and accessories), and also have some shelves with some of my collection in my living room and basement. The basement is the only area of my house that still has room for more game stuff, but all of my shelves are full. So I did about an hour of driving, and picked up this shelf for free. I haven't put it together yet, but will when I have time. Then I can put even more games and other items on display.

image.jpeg.355be5d3632892bbf666f0b6536f754d.jpeg

image.jpeg.b962127ec1a34b656437719289c5c950.jpeg

Got Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3D, still sealed. Ten bucks well-spent. 😎

I watched a video of this a year or two ago. It appears to be a port of the GameCube version of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (which BTW, is a pretty good game) with some minor changes to the levels and a lower resolution. It doesn't have much for added features, other than the 3DS's 3D capabilities and some features from Splinter Cell: Conviction. Also note the T rating, compared to the M rating for the GameCube version of Chaos Theory. There's no fancy collector's edition release for this version, as far as I know. Now I just need Splinter Cell: Blacklist, and the remake of the first game if Ubisoft is still going to release it.

image.jpeg.f05a9159814317a9ffb1fec008f1a159.jpeg

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 7

On 1/13/2024 at 11:07 PM, Renmauzo said:

lW-z5VfUTQK5enieVcg8WA.jpg.f3c5cd70c347d5e0845865e60f092fc5.jpg

And for Christmas, my wife got me a Play Date!!! I'm absolutely over the moon to have one of these and have been playing it a little every day and having a blast. I love this thing, and the games are fantastic! Gun Trails (shoot 'em up) is AMAZING, and not something I would have thought possible here, but, yeah, there are just a ton of fun and interesting games. Highly, HIGHLY recommended for portable fans 🙂

All the best, folks!

I want a PlayDate and I want to make a game for it... when I find the time 😭

• Wow! 1

On 1/15/2024 at 10:16 PM, MegaMan52 said:

image.jpeg.23967dfe069ad7da9225f42d5b23742c.jpeg

image.jpeg.ae8d9111e30b8545864a56749a7799b6.jpeg

The GB Boy Colour ("Game Boy Boy Colour"?) from Kong Feng. Plays Game Boy Color cartridges like the real Game Boy Color, and has some built-in games. Another local purchase. Got it with the box and manuals. Oh, and the seller included a copy of Monopoly on Game Boy Color for free. Yay.

That clone is pretty cool. The family tree is a little hard to follow for Gameboy clones, but I think that one is loosely related to the super early ones from the early 90s. Also it was made by the official publisher for Vast Fame in Mainland China

• Like 2

So they decided to "port" a licensed comic from paper to VCD, and the result is atrocious. Capcom and SNK approved this. If you want to hear Ken, Ryu, Iori and Kyo shout in Cantonese inside cheap no-brand microphones, and see how to make animations with still images when you don't know how to make animations...

I got the VCD recently and finally had some time to post it:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, avatar! said:

What machines are in your pinball collection? Favorites? Least favorite?

It keeps rotating. I'm in an apartment downtown lol. Right now I own World Cup Soccer, White Water, Champion Pub and WHO dunnit? , though WD is sold awaiting payment so I need to wrap and ship it. 

I have mainly owned 90s pins, so certainly some bias. My fave is either WCS or Pinball Magic (by Capcom!) and least was Doctor Who.

Modern pins are alright, but I love the DMD games.

• Like 1