IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

22 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I started a post awhile back to see if there was interest in getting some boxes needed from him. It turned out he had some stock left and the rest is history. 

19 minutes ago, Mega Tank said:

Some people don't read posts thoroughly.

I saw that post and subsequently kept watching his store to see if he made any. They never showed up.

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

I saw that post and subsequently kept watching his store to see if he made any. They never showed up.

It seems you missed the post where he said "PM me what you want": 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gloves said:

It seems you missed the post where he said "PM me what you want": 

I did see that. But logically, if he's making them, I'll just wait until they're in stock. At no point did he mention they were only made to order.

Administrator · Posted
1 minute ago, Code Monkey said:

I did see that. But logically, if he's making them, I'll just wait until they're in stock. At no point did he mention they were only made to order.

That's on you, then. Logically, nobody ever once mentioned stock being put up on his store. The intent of the thread was to me pretty clearly for these to be made to order. He literally said "PM me what you want and I'll get it to you".

2 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

Hey man, for a small fee, I'd be happy to follow up on little reminders like this. PM me if you're interested.

• Haha 4

image.jpeg.d8099bb6bd7388280508982460500fa3.jpeg

Did some driving and picked up this Mega Man 9 demo cartridge for the NES.

I played a Mega Man 9 homebrew a decade or so ago containing only part of Concrete Man's stage and barely anything to do. I didn't know what to expect with this cartridge. The seller just said that it has one level of Mega Man 9. Was it the same demo I played all those years ago? 

image.jpeg.a03d3392a18235a984bbca271240c061.jpeg

image.jpeg.7f298d4a14e718b5fe2fca67be0162a7.jpeg

image.jpeg.8684a1bc48e6155abd2c9c3780b9fca2.jpeg

image.jpeg.1652fc535364d700d9db36a69dc6d63f.jpeg

To my surprise, the cartridge contains lukaszkur's Mega Man 9 NES demo (https://lukaszkur.itch.io/mm9). It has all of Galaxy Man's stage, playable on a real NES. It also has the opening, title screen, and stage select screen, all with their music intact. There are some graphical glitches, mostly in the opening. The stage flickers sometimes, and there is a section of the stage where the ladders and platforms were invisible (though opening and closing the weapon screen fixes this).

image.jpeg.c7e590b94b352b53ed1ae6eed2b0ced6.jpeg

image.jpeg.e103a8b6f5c9b1b5c98858bcd21c7825.jpeg

Bought this retro style Chuck E. Cheese shirt at Spencer's, featuring Chuck E. and his friends Helen, Munch, and Jasper. I wore the shirt during a recent visit to Chuck E. Cheese. I got a different retro shirt for Christmas a few months ago that just has Chuck E. on it.

image.jpeg.c073ba28fa5aba7f0d4292b8bae4372a.jpeg

(December 2023 pic)

image.jpeg.5cd0809cbf267bae019e9b5dd741bbd5.jpeg

Bought a jumbo-sized Mr. Munch plush.

image.jpeg.6e29bfcaaf3f466f30c987f31d74e7c7.jpeg

I noticed these cards on eBay a few months ago. I was a little surprised to see them at the gift shop at the Chuck E. Cheese location I usually go to, since these cards were released in 2019 or so and wasn't sure if they could still be found at the restaurants. They were about $20 or $30 cheaper than on eBay.

image.jpeg.c5036fc6715f89ceca8a06c60d611414.jpeg

Like most of these Chuck E. Cheese items, this hammer features Chuck E., Helen, Munch, and Jasper. I opened up the Chuck E. Cheese App and redeemed 1,000 E-Tickets. Using those tickets, I got this hammer for free. This appears to be another somewhat older item, as I've seen hammers there many times before.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I did some TV swapping around the house - new 77” C3 OLED upstairs so I had an extra 65” TV that the 77” replaced. Decided after offering it up to everyone I know to replace the one of the game room TVs with it which is an old Sony XBR 55”. Problem is I used it for retro gaming and it still had composite RCA input and the 65” Vizio didn’t have that port. I figured that port is probably dead now so I picked up a RetroTink 5x Pro to scale up the systems running on a composite 8 to 1 switch to HDMI. Updating the firmware now and curious to see how the systems look up scaled. 

image.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

20 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

I did some TV swapping around the house - new 77” C3 OLED upstairs so I had an extra 65” TV that the 77” replaced. Decided after offering it up to everyone I know to replace the one of the game room TVs with it which is an old Sony XBR 55”. Problem is I used it for retro gaming and it still had composite RCA input and the 65” Vizio didn’t have that port. I figured that port is probably dead now so I picked up a RetroTink 5x Pro to scale up the systems running on a composite 8 to 1 switch to HDMI. Updating the firmware now and curious to see how the systems look up scaled. 

image.jpg

I'm seriously considering getting one of these but the real reason why is not at all for gaming.  Supposedly, it works really really well for VHS ripping and I have a lot of family VHS tapes I'd like to rip.  The features that are available for gaming are a bonus, plus I would probably use it in the end for scaling my Wii and DVD player which are the only non-HDMI items hooked up to my family TV.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, a3quit4s said:

Problem is I used it for retro gaming and it still had composite RCA input and the 65” Vizio didn’t have that port. I figured that port is probably dead now 

They started combining the composite RCA ports with the component ports, if your Vizio still has those. The yellow composite video connects to the green input (which is why it's labeled video twice.) The Retrotink is still a good idea, though. 

shared-composite-component-video-av-inpu

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tulpa said:

They started combining the composite RCA ports with the component ports, if your Vizio still has those. The yellow composite video connects to the green input (which is why it's labeled video twice.) The Retrotink is still a good idea, though. 

shared-composite-component-video-av-inpu

Doesn’t even have those anymore, just 4x HDMI. Pretty much all TV makers are killing off RCA ports and just going HDMI which makes sense in this day and age. The RetroTink does that though where the green input is a shared input for the video cable on composite. 

• Like 1

Got this recently from Japan, the Ys Special Collection - All About Falcom: Promotional VHS with Flyer from 1993. This release was presumably mainly  for rental and then for sale later as the marking on the tape show.  It's mainly promoting Ys but there is some Popful Mail footage on there as well, which is why I picked it up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C5rHN6gRNUm/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by xelement5x
  • Like 2
  • Love 1