IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Pick ups since the summer (I think?)

IMG_1451.jpeg.f8be4536ae28a12ff9ea95f394f13d52.jpeg

I have the Evercade system, just lazy to get it off my shelf. Haven’t been impressed but I think that’s just because the C64 collections were meh. Some of the new cartridges look good though.

IMG_1454.jpeg.d6d15283a9048145b131ba31e84064c1.jpeg

Got good deals on most of these, was looking for Galaxy Force 2 for a while. Space Harrier is missing the manual, the others are complete.

IMG_1455.jpeg.6a37a35b8c277016d32a436ca9ce2425.jpeg

Random collection of games. Donkey Kong is fun and I like the manual.

IMG_1453.jpeg.5f335e0ffa6a1b27f00826ee92e3e35b.jpeg

Not really sure why I got the Mark 3 games, I don’t have anyway to play them. Just thought they looked cool and they were decent prices so I said whatever. The Famicom games were all ones I played on a Famiclone years back and I wanted to get them.

Edited by Matt 4120
  • Like 10

A week ago I plotted out how this has been a very strange and irregular month with all those items in quantity and quality having hits each week/weekend.  Despite there being a rainy day all weekend I had this 1/2 day due to an appointment in the mid/late morning on Friday so I went across town to the old mans toy/game/etc shop I can hit just a few times a year and it for sure did not disappoint.

I walk in hoping to find something useful for the few systems I bother with, and what pops up in my sight, PLOK ($20) and not a wrecked copy of it, as I've been trying to get it for years locally and the last 2 copies were moderately thrashed.  I talk to the primary guy that works there now the last year or so, got to know him on a customer level pretty well and got to dig through some other stuff. As I was digging he mentioned I might like something on the magazine rack, he knew, and there were like 30-40 copies of Nintendo Power, and I whipped out my list and 1/2 of them were useful, a couple repeats, the others were ones I avoid (FutureOne) due to that publishers shitty attitude and making it super borrowed time generic so I ended up with 20, and bundled up for only $50.  They needed a nice cleaning on the covers, a few mostly, as the former local for a time was a smoker, but whatever, $2.50/issue works for me as they're all intact minimally with their posters/pokemon comics, most other extras too other than TCG freebies.

Having put those on the counter I dug some more finding a nice pair of N64 games for only $6 which were the MIdway Arcade and Top Gear Rally.  Also saw a bunch of blackbox games, got to talking about the FC converter inside, he had no idea, so I started one after another, and hit one I could feel by weight alone, was able to borrow a screwdriver and found Hogan's Alley, let me have it for almost nothing ($3) too since it was an education.  Whole visit ended up with 20 NP, 2 N64, 1 SNES, and 1 NES game for $85.

Bonus...went down the street, found The Battle of Olympus for $15, hadn't seen a copy of that in over a decade maybe two, so I grabbed it, and today at another spot found Top Gear Rally 2 for another $15.  $115 poorer but richer in quality stuff I actually care about.

• Like 1

Powermon? Powermon. POWERMON!

IMG20231031123341.jpg.6e7a60647b042b4de78cc81af10608a1.jpg

Looks like Pikachu's hillbilly cousin could do with a new electric ear hair-trimmer for Xmas...

IMG20231031123349.jpg.ddb98ff07fc0ee04fe4bd7fd64d08549.jpg

All our favourites are here! This game legit looks actually fun, lol!

IMG20231031123402.jpg.da90f413ea4971e97bce00c4a78c7637.jpg

Too bad it's sealed, and designed for an obsolete Windows OS that I will never own or use.

Gotta infringe 'em all, right fellas?! 😉

• Like 7
  • Wow! 3
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, OptOut said:

Powermon? Powermon. POWERMON!

IMG20231031123341.jpg.6e7a60647b042b4de78cc81af10608a1.jpg

Looks like Pikachu's hillbilly cousin could do with a new electric ear hair-trimmer for Xmas...

IMG20231031123349.jpg.ddb98ff07fc0ee04fe4bd7fd64d08549.jpg

All our favourites are here! This game legit looks actually fun, lol!

IMG20231031123402.jpg.da90f413ea4971e97bce00c4a78c7637.jpg

Too bad it's sealed, and designed for an obsolete Windows OS that I will never own or use.

Gotta infringe 'em all, right fellas?! 😉

Please grade it

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Here is an update while I wait for a few more orders (that'll fill in a few gaps in my rebuilt Dragon Quest collection).

DQ14-16.jpg.1d79d89ec9c55c4a9548739340f518ae.jpg

- Dragon Quest IV (PS1): Asking prices for PS1 this print variant is officially scary. Finding a sealed copy is probably as easy to find as the later two "priced down" variants Square Enix had sold. Which is why I have very little to complain about since the alternative was to pay a "scary-level" premium for a more mint copy.

- Dragon Quest Monsters 1∙2 (PS1): Sealed-wise, I believe this is one of the more rare PS1 titles out there. I mean for a Dragon Quest title, it had sold 292,275 copies during its run in 2002. But I had to buy it because it was on my "grail" list, the copy looked very mint (and it is), and sealed copies very rarely show up for sale on eBay.

- Dragon Quest V (PS2): This one is probably not as rare sealed, but it is tricky to find a seller that shows any copies with the "Dragon Quest VIII video included" sticker. And while it is not as mint as I hoped for the price I paid, it does complete what I wanted (video game wise) for my Tenkuu (aka Zenithia) trilogy focus. 🙂

• Like 8

11 hours ago, YOURTURN said:

Here is an update while I wait for a few more orders (that'll fill in a few gaps in my rebuilt Dragon Quest collection).

DQ14-16.jpg.1d79d89ec9c55c4a9548739340f518ae.jpg

- Dragon Quest IV (PS1😞 Asking prices for PS1 this print variant is officially scary. Finding a sealed copy is probably as easy to find as the later two "priced down" variants Square Enix had sold. Which is why I have very little to complain about since the alternative was to pay a "scary-level" premium for a more mint copy.

- Dragon Quest Monsters 1∙2 (PS1😞 Sealed-wise, I believe this is one of the more rare PS1 titles out there. I mean for a Dragon Quest title, it had sold 292,275 copies during its run in 2002. But I had to buy it because it was on my "grail" list, the copy looked very mint (and it is), and sealed copies very rarely show up for sale on eBay.

- Dragon Quest V (PS2😞 This one is probably not as rare sealed, but it is tricky to find a seller that shows any copies with the "Dragon Quest VIII video included" sticker. And while it is not as mint as I hoped for the price I paid, it does complete what I wanted (video game wise) for my Tenkuu (aka Zenithia) trilogy focus. 🙂

DQIV for the PS1 was supposed to have made it here stateside. BUT, I remember back in the day (that would be what, two+ decades ago 👾 -- they cancelled it much amid fan outrage. I never really forgave them for that (idiots) but, fortunately they did release the DS version. DQIV, VII, and VIII are my favorite. Although, I'm really looking forward to the DQIII remake 🙂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, avatar! said:

DQIV for the PS1 was supposed to have made it here stateside. BUT, I remember back in the day (that would be what, two+ decades ago 👾 -- they cancelled it much amid fan outrage. I never really forgave them for that (idiots) but, fortunately they did release the DS version. DQIV, VII, and VIII are my favorite. Although, I'm really looking forward to the DQIII remake 🙂

I remember reading that in 2017 when I was making my first major attempt at doing a complete Nintendo-based Dragon Quest collection. It also made sense to me seeing that Enix was losing money doing business in North America. Which makes me feel guilty that I did not buy the last two sealed copies of Dragon Warrior VII at a Colorado Springs Toys"R"Us in 2004. 😅

Plus, I have to admit that Dragon Quest VI is (both) my guilty pleasure (and the reason why I broke down and bought these). I am still hoping to find a playable SFC ROM version, but I do love the job system and the whole "A Link to the Past" vibe. And do feel that playing it will make me be more excited for the Dragon Quest III 2D-HD remake. 🙂

4 minutes ago, YOURTURN said:

I remember reading that in 2017 when I was making my first major attempt at doing a complete Nintendo-based Dragon Quest collection. It also made sense to me seeing that Enix was losing money doing business in North America. Which makes me feel guilty that I did not buy the last two sealed copies of Dragon Warrior VII at a Colorado Springs Toys"R"Us in 2004. 😅

Plus, I have to admit that Dragon Quest VI is (both) my guilty pleasure (and the reason why I broke down and bought these). I am still hoping to find a playable SFC ROM version, but I do love the job system and the whole "A Link to the Past" vibe. And do feel that playing it will make me be more excited for the Dragon Quest III 2D-HD remake. 🙂

Did you ever play DQIX? It's not a bad game at all, just not as fun as the others in my opinion since in IX you no longer have playable characters with personality, rather they are just, well, there. Also interesting tidbit. It's the longest non-online game I know of, to get to 100% completion --

Screenshot-from-2023-11-01-17-48-39.png

4 minutes ago, avatar! said:

Did you ever play DQIX? It's not a bad game at all, just not as fun as the others in my opinion since in IX you no longer have playable characters with personality, rather they are just, well, there. Also interesting tidbit. It's the longest non-online game I know of, to get to 100% completion --

Screenshot-from-2023-11-01-17-48-39.png

I never got the chance. 😭 One of my bigger regrets is that I had jumped ship before the mainline Dragon Quest games came onto the DS. So while I did play Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, which I did not like, I did not have the money to get a replacement DS when I started to hear great things about XI. 😭

• Sad 1

A few days ago between jobs I had an impressive bit of small luck.  Half Price Books didn't 'buy it now books' price a game, a number really, but in this case one I've wanted (back) for awhile.  Last couple copies I've seen in a few years have been $80~ and ugly/discolored/damaged.  They had Mega Man Soccer in the case for $50, and I had a loaded 25% off coupon, got it down to $37.50.

Good game, not great, but quite good, and a bit of a challenge since the handling on that one isn't a pushover so it keeps it interesting.

Hoping maybe if not today, over the weekend it seems it maybe warm enough for one last shot at the outside places to look for goodies until it really begins to chill.

• Like 2

@Tanooki I am not going to lie, but that game had reminded me of the time you found out that the SNES was not high on my console list. But even then it is cool that you had that type of luck with that game. 🙂

Which reminds me... I need to hope that I can get a new memory card for my OLED before I set it up. Because like you said, it's going to get cold soon. And with me, I hope to reconnect with my Nintendo game library once that chill hits the California coast. 😅

Social Team · Posted

October's pick ups

Spoiler

RmGps12.jpg

rjFSd9A.jpg

mLYbChw.jpg

juMxsZD.jpg

KHII is sealed and I will be getting it slabbed and graded because why the fuck not.  It's SUPER mass produced and I have playable copies.

More PSVR 2 pickups.  Whenever Perp Games has a limited release of a PSVR 2 game I pick it up.  

My PSVR pickups are here; https://www.videogamesage.com/forums/topic/12079-firehazards-road-to-full-esrb-na-set-of-psvr/?do=findComment&comment=381124

• Like 4

Oooh Valis.

I had some flea luck again for the 5th week straight, I can't get over how abnormal this all is.

Saturday was light at $5 with Dark Arena GBA and a magical quest mickey snes manual

Today though...$42 into it, but wow.  $5 got me an Ocarina of Time to play w/pouch and manual/sheet music, $1/ea new were a pair of Ecto1 and Turtle Van hotwheels, $10 for a laser etched pokeball with Lugia with a LED lightup base, another $10 got me a mid last century smaller Hubley WW2 heavy iron/painted fighter with foldable wings/wheels in yellow/green, and then $5/ea NES - GIJoe Atlantis Factor, Maniac Mansion, and Rally Bike which are all damned hard.

• Like 4