IGNORED

FireHazard's road to Full ESRB (NA+) Set of PSVR (🎉COMPLETED!!!)

FireHazard51

Social Team · Posted

I'll be tracking my progress for a full ESRB (NA+) set of PSVR games.  I define this as physical copies of games that utilize the PSVR in someway.  Doesn't matter if the VR content is on disc or DLC so long as it's not paid DLC  (I'm still figuring this bit out).  Later on I may refine my collection to get "better" copies of a game.  My master list of PSVR physical releases is here; Physical Released Games for PSVR (Google Sheet)

Currently my count is 127 of 127.  0 left to collect!!

Yes I know they are still planning on making games for the PSVR but this will die off quickly as the tracking is different than PSVR2.  And if you make a game for PSVR2 it should be easy to port to PCVR compared to PSVR.  Basically I expect the PSVR to die off quickly.  Hell they had very little physical releases the year before PSVR2 release.

• Like 6

Social Team · Posted

January 2023 pickups 14 towards NA full set and 1 towards PAL exclusive collection...

Spoiler

ZVlSgso.jpg

XnsRp0N.jpg

q1smh5Q.jpg

QfaYFCP.jpg

aEBYYnm.jpg

uGIf1qf.jpg

La91tYX.jpg

2FX50RW.jpg

Yeah, I got two PAL games which don't count towards my NA full set.  But Super Hot is a PAL exclusive and I just fucked up and bought No Man Sky because the image showed ESRB rating yet description said PAL version 😒 .  It was so cheap I just jumped before looking too closely at it.

• Like 2

Just now, FireHazard51 said:

Were there later version of the game that included the DLC?  I may end up changing my definition of full set the more I learn.

I don't know.  I just know that the copy I have required me to pay money to get the VR DLC.  I wasn't happy about it, but I had already bought the game and I specifically wanted it for the VR mode since Dirt 4 didn't doesn't have VR at all.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, FireHazard51 said:

I'll be tracking my progress for a full NA set of PSVR games.  I define this as physical copies of games that utilize the PSVR in someway.  Doesn't matter if the VR content is on disc or DLC so long as it's not paid DLC.  Later on I may refine my collection to get "better" copies of a game.  My master list of PSVR physical releases is here; Physical Released Games for PSVR (Google Sheet)

Currently my count is 88 of 126. 

Yes I know they are still planning on making games for the PSVR but this will die off quickly as the tracking is different than PSVR2.  And if you make a game for PSVR2 it should be easy to port to PCVR compared to PSVR.  Basically I expect the PSVR to die off quickly.  Hell they had very little physical releases the year before PSVR2 release.

Deemo wasn't released in North America, only on Play Asia. It should be qualified.

Croixleur Sigma added PSVR support with the Japanese edition ONLY

Summer Lesson: Hikari Miyamoto was only released in Japan

Edited by Mr. CIB
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to FireHazard's road to Full ESRB (NA+) Set of PSVR
Social Team · Posted
On 3/10/2023 at 9:54 PM, Mr. CIB said:

Deemo wasn't released in North America, only on Play Asia. It should be qualified.

Croixleur Sigma added PSVR support with the Japanese edition ONLY

Summer Lesson: Hikari Miyamoto was only released in Japan

I've changed my goal to reflect that I want to include Deemo in my collection goals.  ESRB rating looks like it would cover NA and a little bit more.  NA+ if you will.  There are some other titles like Pixel Rip that will have the same issue.  PAL release with ESRB ratings.

I've remove Corixleur Sigma.  I would of been PISSED had I bought the game and realize there is no PSVR content.

Removed Summer Lesson as it doesn't have an ESRB rating.  Long term goals are to get PSVR games that are playable in English so I've noted that bit of information.

Thanks for the those tid bits of information.  I rather be exact with my goals than lead people astray with what is a true NA release.  I think it's fine for people to make their own lists based off what I've collected.  All the better if I can make it easy for them to know those weird cases that I add a game on my list while others wouldn't.  Like paid DLC content being the only PSVR content will be something I want to note.  Patched PSVR content I'll include too but is less of a concern for me personally.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
17 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

I don't know.  I just know that the copy I have required me to pay money to get the VR DLC.  I wasn't happy about it, but I had already bought the game and I specifically wanted it for the VR mode since Dirt 4 didn't doesn't have VR at all.  

I've looked further into this and looks like it's paid DLC only.  Hell I can't even fucking buy the DLC via the PS App or PS website.  So fucking dumb that PlayStation hides paid content to prevent it from being bought again.  It must be a licensing thing but I'll be damn if I don't figure out a way to buy it.  I've had to do odd things to buy digital PS3 games in 2021.  I feel like PS4 should be do able if I can do PS3.  I hope it's as simple as putting the disc in and going to the DLC section.

• 2 months later...
Social Team · Posted

Late posting but here are March's pickups for PSVR:  10 towards NA full set and 1 towards PAL exclusive collection...

My special edition pickups showing off the "special" stuff.  Note that I got two copies of the one game because they mistakenly packed the PAL version of the game.  I contacted the publisher who I purchased directly from, Perp Games, and they said they'd ship me the ESRB version as soon it's in stock.  I told them I'd buy some more games so just let me know before you ship and that way I can get some more games while not having to pay for the shipping.  I'd highly recommend buying from them.  You can also get some special editions of games found only through them like game developer's signature on the game cover art.

Spoiler

uNdWD3K.jpg

xP6s9uv.jpg

QDbz2dk.jpg

GNGmwKv.jpg

hfExgfk.jpg

4W5CZqd.jpg

Spoiler

CWhagCa.jpg

OfuVfPs.jpg

llXBPNL.jpg

MFqPKd3.jpg

AzD0g4x.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Social Team · Posted

July's haul was pretty big, 12 titles added to my total including a new PSVR released game.

Spoiler

sQpi4wY.jpg

StFuV4U.jpg

9qZCMdV.jpg

Mq1lSvC.jpg

S2BywJl.jpg

3zMCu4p.jpg

jZMMVd2.jpg

This game only came in the "No shirt, no shoes, all service edition" as far as I could tell.

Spoiler

So many hole punches @Gloves!!!  

U6tBMEW.jpg

E0te7Lv.jpg

Bonus PSVR related stuff...

Spoiler

yvJBbsk.jpg

W2RrkJk.jpg

pkMX7UJ.jpg

TJE6Yke.jpg

179xGvh.jpg

rJrs6jh.jpg

oeobEgU.jpg

EgMMRpt.jpg

i6jqIcc.jpg

gfXTVU3.jpg

ovjkBnh.jpg

Oe27YgH.jpg

P748Zln.jpg

1STLW83.jpg

zuBn064.jpg

dAlwpwD.jpg

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
1 hour ago, T-Pac said:

Dude - this little robot is adorable!

Is it the PSVR mascot or something? Looks like Disk-kun has a rival...

[T-Pac]

Astro first came to be with a PSVR a game Astro Bot Rescue Mission (2018).  PSVR was released in 2016 so it wasn't released with the console but has been a huge hit ever since the game released.  I absolutely feel in love with character(s) as they are so cute with their behavior or moments.

Astro_Bot_Rescue_Mission_NA_Box_Art.jpg

giphy.gifdance-play-station.gifgiphy.gif?cid=6c09b952jw45iuuf609ysob7ii

IfqiZ2k.gif

When the PS5 came out, Astro's Playroom (2020) was the free game that was pre-installed on the console and kind of a fun tech demo for all the features of the new haptic feedback controller and new graphic capability.  Also it did an AMAZING job paying homage to the history of PlayStation with a ridiculous amount of hidden easter eggs.  Basically it became the "mascot" for PlayStation for the PS5 era.  For me it's the mascot for PlayStation VR and I can't wait till they make the next game.

Spoiler

One of my greatest joys and pride was making a stream break video where I had to change the speed of the Astro Bot gifs to time up with the beat of the song.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Social Team · Posted

September pickups are 2 ESRB to the collection goal and 4 PAL games.

Spoiler

05caEtI.jpg

wF6QVmI.jpg

5ujRBqz.jpg

Bonus items!!

Spoiler

I FINALLY got a boxed new (open box) PSVR!!!  Got it from GoodWill for a total of $86 shipped.  Very obviously never ever used.

bRJn3b0.jpg

Also got a replacement PS Moves charger new from GoodWill

kMs6yg5.jpg

• Like 1

I thought just for the heck of it, I would go through my PSVR games and make sure everything I had was on your list.

Every ESRB game that I own is on your list.  I also own several PAL VR games.  I personally don't really care about NA/PAL.  I just buy whatever I can find at a good deal.  So I haven't looked into any of these to see if they were PAL exclusive or not.

I will list the PAL PSVR games I own below just in case you want to research them and make sure there wasn't an ESRB release.  I think some of these games you might have mentioned already, so I apologize for any duplication.  

• Blind
  • Downward Spiral
  • Fruit Ninja VR (VERY FUN game, highly recommended even if you only play to collect ESRB games)
  • Groundhog Day: Like Father Like Son
  • Gun Club VR
  • Ping Pong VR (I definitely don't recommend this game)
  • Super Hot VR (VERY FUN game, highly recommended even if you only play to collect ESRB games)
  • Ultrawings
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
13 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I thought just for the heck of it, I would go through my PSVR games and make sure everything I had was on your list.

Every ESRB game that I own is on your list.  I also own several PAL VR games.  I personally don't really care about NA/PAL.  I just buy whatever I can find at a good deal.  So I haven't looked into any of these to see if they were PAL exclusive or not.

I will list the PAL PSVR games I own below just in case you want to research them and make sure there wasn't an ESRB release.  I think some of these games you might have mentioned already, so I apologize for any duplication.  

• Blind
  • Downward Spiral
  • Fruit Ninja VR (VERY FUN game, highly recommended even if you only play to collect ESRB games)
  • Gun Club VR
  • Super Hot VR (VERY FUN game, highly recommended even if you only play to collect ESRB games)
  • Ultrawings

Agreed re: Super Hot. I played on my Oculus Rift and it was great. 

22 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Super Hot is probably my favorite VR game.  

Fruit Ninja is my go to for someone trying it out for the first time.  It's super simple, but still a ton of fun, and works really well.

Job Simulator is also worth the hype.  It sucks that it's expensive.  It's one of those games that I feel it might be worth getting the digital version just to play it if you are unable to find a reasonably priced physical copy.  

Social Team · Posted
10 hours ago, TDIRunner said:

• Blind
  • Downward Spiral
  • Gun Club VR
  • Ultrawings

The closer I get to full ESRB set the more I buy PAL exclusive games.  I feel like eventually I'll have every physical release of a game.  Sometimes I end up with a PAL and ESRB version from shitty eBay tactics where they show photos of NA release but description states PAL.  Knowing damn well the PAL versions are far cheaper than NA versions.

10 hours ago, Gloves said:

I played a good bit of it already and was a little frustrated with tracking.  Could be me not having a great setup for PSVR but I was thinking the game would be amazing if tracking was perfect.  Game needs to be ported to PSVR2.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to FireHazard's road to Full ESRB (NA+) Set of PSVR (🎉COMPLETED!!!)
Social Team · Posted
3 hours ago, Splain said:

2 days ago? Will there be more that you'll need to collect or is that definitely the last one?

PSVR platform doesn't lend to porting of games but PSVR2 does.  This is why I think PSVR will die quickly.  I'll keep a close eye on Limit Run Games and Prep Games as they are the ones who may still support the console because of a digital only getting a physical release.  But yeah, I think Retribution will be the last "new" game with a physical PSVR release.