IGNORED

What's new in your collection/Pick-up Thread !!!

Galdius

Finished Set #10 for the world set. Big help from a few personnel shoppers for finding the last game to make a full set. This was a very difficult set to complete due to the difficult in the shipping and buying process in Brazil game market. This was an 8 year venture.  Now sure how may full sets are out in the wild.  but I HAVE ONE.....

BAR GAMEBOY SET..jpg

• Like 13
  • Love 4

Well I've had a good run of it the last couple of days, enough to bother sharing.  Yesterday had to get my kid from her practice and it's out of the county and a new goodwill is along the route (where I got that 90yo camera I had in an older pic) and I saw this plastic case for $4, had to have it initially as I saw from a distance it was the same case as 2 others I had for my GBA stuff.  But as I grabbed it I saw more...huge blue pokemon cards, popped it open and wow around 300 I think from a guess of how thick 50 of them would be.

Then today the rest of that image... friend of mine around here got a lot of games put together from someone for a solid deal, asked me if I wanted anything the guy had, and he got me Kirby's Air Ride for $60.  I've been trying for years to get that and not eat it on the game and it's in fantastic shape.

And then out while the kid was at another practice, went into game exchange, and my eyes popped seeing that stare back at me, have long dos based history with that game, love it, but saw it was sealed.  Got suspicious as it looked too good for store wrap, and it was... it's original seal vent holes and all.  Best of all, loose price of $25.  You can ebay/vgpc that, I robbed em.  It's in a box protector on display, it's NFS.

findsmar29-23.thumb.jpg.40a3b0da245efe8668f5a8398273f5c4.jpg

wolf3dgba1.jpg

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 8
  • Wow! 4

2 hours ago, ninjamaster said:

New arrivals:

PsVr2.JPG.e5ed35f210550c422df6864f00900825.JPG

I've watched a few videos on the PSVRR2 and it looks pretty amazing.  I don't have the $900+ I'd need to get a PS5 and VR system but man, this is the first modern console to really entice me in a long time. Well, other than the Switch.

Enjoy it.  Horizon and GT look truly amazing.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 12:53 PM, MrWunderful said:

That looks like a pricey pickup. Amazing though

It definitely was a pricy one, not gonna lie🥲💸 I made a little Home Depot project out of extending the flagpole yesterday, it really turned out great imo😊

IMG_5230.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Wow! 4
  • Love 1

Another 2-3 hours rummaging through bins at my local game shop. All of this was $50.

• 1989 NES poster
  • 1989 NES poster
  • Quattro Arcade poster
  • LJN poster
  • Pinball manual
  • Paperboy manual
  • Paperboy * manual
  • 1985 large ROB poster (Deluxe set? Test market?)
  • Quattro Arcade manual
  • Acclaim poster
  • Incredible Crash Dummies manual
  • Atari 2600 manuals including one for H.E.R.O.
  • a bunch of weird Atari paperwork, order forms and unused cartridge labels

IMG_20230331_181443.jpg

IMG_20230331_182051.jpg

IMG_20230331_182454.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1

March Munchin'

Here's a very cool addition to my collection: it's not on a big Nordic rental list on a Finnish forum, it's not in a decent MD collecting checklist book and it's not on Guardiana. Only time I've seen a red case and this kind of inner foam for a MD rental too. I imagine there's a minor chance it's a fake but I'm inclined to believe it's not.

RC9Dn6n.jpg

qtv9aZn.jpg

VcYFnTr.jpg

Another Ryza CE:

VFRvx3L.jpg

Wonder Boy makes me happy:

e8UViW8.jpg

Barrage of limprint stuff:

VrmxmQg.jpg

4YJ6EZC.jpg

Dl0WqDz.jpg

Vz6iFe4.jpg

10 piece PS4 lucky bag from Red Art Games resulted in pretty good haul. No duplicates to what I already own and the top row of games was pretty high in my preferred pulls:

KxcICET.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 2

On 3/29/2023 at 5:11 PM, JVOSS said:

Finished Set #10 for the world set. Big help from a few personnel shoppers for finding the last game to make a full set. This was a very difficult set to complete due to the difficult in the shipping and buying process in Brazil game market. This was an 8 year venture.  Now sure how may full sets are out in the wild.  but I HAVE ONE.....

BAR GAMEBOY SET..jpg

AMAZING!!! AWESOME!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

So, a new old stock lot appeared here in Brazil.
I managed to get those SNES and N64 games.
For the SNES I decided to get Super Soccer and Tetris opened.
The rest are all sealed.

I also finally managed to get Alien Syndrome for the Master System.
Now I'm missing only the Tectoy version of Global Defense to finish the Tectoy Master System fullest.

93NL3Deh.jpg

Edited by Galdius
  • Like 12

I just picked up some cool stuff. I  unfortunately don't have all my hookups with me at the moment, so it may be a little before I get to test all of it.

From left to right, top to bottom:

1. Three editions of Wolf Weekly magazine: All three of these feature Gowin games for the cover art, and contain advertisements for Taiwan originals. Ads include Gowin games, Sachen games, a Vast Fame game, and a SKOB (also known as Super Huge Dragon) game. I was trying to get more of these, but the ones I wanted kept being out of stock
  2. Greek Fire Dragon: I pitched an offer at this one and the seller was willing to negotiate. It is an original copy of the Gamtec game, but boxed in generic packaging, which I think went with a Famiclone out in Greece
  3. Gamars chess game: The SNES/SFC did not get many Taiwan originals, but this is one of the few that did come out. It is also my first SFC game since up until now I've just been using mine to use a Super Gameboy. It is by Gamars, who were a bit of an everything company as far as games went. They did lots of accessories, some LCD games, and eventually home console games
  4. Two Realtec carts: I don't have much to say on these. I just think they are neat
  5. Waixing computer game: Waixing is a company that made a ton of unlicensed originals for Famicom (and some pirate carts of official games too). Once they tried to break into the PC game market, but game sales did not meet their expectations, so they called it quits after just one game (or so I've heard)
  6. Rockworld: There are two old-timey Rockman reskins of Mega Drive games. A long time ago I was able to get Rockheaven, which is a reskin of Alex Kidd, and now I got the other one. This one is a hack of Wani Wani World
  7. SKOB Pokemon game: A Culdcept-like game with Pokemon characters by Super Huge Dragon
  8. Digital Monster 6: A rare case of a Hong Kong original that is actually from Hong Kong. It was made by a company called Best Rich, and has a metal connector on the tip that is supposed to let it interface with Digimon-LCD machines
  9. Q'Boy: A Sachen Famiclone that looks like an N64 controller. There are other Famiclones by Sachen that are higher quality, but the seller wanted very little for this one, so I picked it up

Pickups.jpg

• Like 8
  • Love 1

Been waiting and looking at long time to close this one.

Snes VGA is the new one but here is the updated family picture, would love to upgrade the VGA graded one at some point but for now it will do

Now Actively looking for sealed or graded Syndicate Wars for PS1

2CD7BB77-3CF5-475B-AA74-D7A252AC4D5A.jpeg.a833b29924c8cc77f0c8ca3b2bb3c012.jpeg

• Like 8

Compliments of something I picked up (online) from Mandarake's Nakano Special 8 store.

What nobody really knows about me is that Bandai's Ichiban Kuji line is my favorite. In terms of prizes I often try to hunt down the figurines on the secondary market. But there are moments I might consider a glass, or in the case of my last pick-up from them... A rubber coaster. <-(Which was the Mangekyo Sharingan; which was the one on the bottom left.)

Naruto Mangekyou Sharingan GIF

Seriously folks, I think that is the reason why I managed to beat Million Arthurs on a single 100 yen coin, during my first (and only) time playing it. But that is a different story that involves an arcade in Akihabara. So back to this one...

669cd3d7-6154-482d-8b97-51868bc60686.jpg.8aa4ded2563837fa58b5ca146259e354.jpg

What I can find is that Banpresto (now Bandai) did a Ichiban Kuji style tie-in to "Road to Ninja: Naruto the Movie" under the name Naruto Shippuden: Inherited Ties. With the five figures being Uzumaki Naruto (above image), Namikaze Minato, Killer Bee, Jiraiya, and Hatake Kakashi (see below). And a "Last One" being a special color version of Uzumaki Naruto (early series). (The remaining prizes were glasses and clear files.)

FigAward-1.thumb.jpg.6dae21b059dc69b0a6d316660e3dcfaf.jpg

In this case the figure is a HSCF (High Spec Coloring Figure). And the reason why I like this brand is simply because the value tends to exceed the price. With this case being that the price for this figure cost around the same price as shipping. Where as other figures would be around the same price (minus shipping) or more.

Either way... I am still looking for that one excuse to start collecting video games again. With the ones I do have being sacrificed for what I hope is my final birthday plans. With that said... Back to your sane(-ish) collector updates. :classic_ninja:

• Like 5

Mid-UK vacation break! Here are some of the things I've been buying since I got back to England!

IMG20230402151307.thumb.jpg.98c9ed993b0632855de2ed3e08e020f0.jpg

Keeping my sights relatively focused on my usual MD and XBOX targets. I got some real nice games here, a couple Sonic games, some Star Wars stuff including KOTOR 2 which is awesome. Also, Psychonauts!!! Never played it but heard it's good, so excited to finally play that. Also VERY happy to finally find a copy of NSMB2 for under 20 pounds, I've started playing it already I've been waiting YEARS for this! 😆

IMG20230405161707.jpg.44aadc5d680d985a99830391f591a8c9.jpg

Got a loose copy of Lemmings for MD for free from my mate at the gamestore, and a copy of Bloodshot. Bloodshot is a PAL exclusive, I have decided to try for a few PAL exclusives while I'm here.

IMG20230401130726.jpg.514da58b199abba0516a52f569df5711.jpg

A few more items here along similar lines! I DID manage to find a couple of Japanese MD games I was missing, surprisingly enough, so I chucked them in! However, these were very interesting finds, I just had to buy them:

IMG_20230406_155035.jpg.9e17603420aa59d3e1fbe73665cf8b52.jpg

These are the PAL releases of Mario Bros. on 2600 and Donkey Kong for Intellivision. Not commonly seen here at all, neither system was a huge deal over here in the UK. These both are complete, although in shabby condition, but they will look good in my game room!

Speaking of which, my single largest purchase so far...

IMG20230405161713.jpg.ca86bac8831ee349bc975e56dbc38ae6.jpg

Presenting the Amstrad GX4000! This failed video game console was released in 1990, a consolised version of the Amstrad CPC 464 home computer. It's perhaps the only "homegrown" British videogame console, so it's a very interesting piece to add to the collection.

So, so far so good! I've got a bunch of games I really want to play, even added a few more collector bits, and I still have another week here so who knows what more I will find!

I'll also give a quick shout-out to Retro Hunters in Leigh-on-sea, my hometown! If any of you find yourself in the South-East of England, be sure to tell Ally that ol' Opty sent ya! 😉

1680794588942.thumb.jpg.2782e9fc3f45ab1ceca0388f342b5761.jpg

• Like 9
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

Well I haven't posted since last month and this here is a collection of stuff collected locally and on various long distance resources as well domestic and international.  So to start I put a collection of it all up, but for those interested in the elephant of the image only a few may realize a dissection of the game with three nice quality pics.

Starting with local, just after that sealed up Wolfenstein I went in and also found Pokemon Mystery Dungeon you see there, and stunningly complete (other than cardboard tray) and for 25 which is the loose price and wow I'm really liking it.  Then about 4 days ago at a goodwill I found that figma from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya no.002 and it's 100% there but one piece has the wrist post busted this little white megaphone, but it was a steal loose ones missing pieces easily get 50.

Then into online.  I picked up 2 items overseas on ali, one hasn't arrived the v3 161in11 multicart in shockbox, but this did arrive.  That's Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa, modern build from MindKids direct account, for those who don't know they're the mass pCB makers of the Super X in 1 modern carts that have save batteries on them for big games, they do one offs, very quailty build, sturdy plastic, good sticker...not your usual jank and for 8 dollars vs 50 for sadly a famiclone now, and ugh for real well over 100.  I also over three vendors got the Starfy trilogy from GBA for around 40..

Finally dumb luck on mercari the row of bootlegs on the bottom were just 25.  It was not the multis I cared about, and the pocket monsters with GAME AMY?? on that plastic was a curiosity to me and it is japanese Pocket Monsters Aoi (blue) version, had no battery so I put one in it(has a coin sell bracket) and it worked.

What got me was Metal Slug for GB/C, I knew what this was, a rare SINTAX release and these online are toxic outside of the region they came from going for 100+ easily so this was basically stolen. 😄  It's a fantastic game, sadly I couldn't get it to post at first, so I fluxed and reflowed the chips/components and it came right back to life thankfully.

Metal Slug (Yuenan Zhanyi 2001) is typical higher end quality jank from Taiwan/etc area.  It is a little stiff in small ways, but the game is thoughtfully pretty well designed and is quite fun which surprised me.  It's like when I wished Metal Slug was on GBC in the day, looks and sounds much like a NGPC game which I think they lifted some from.

For the technical minded I have placed images of the front and back of the PCB if anyone is curious, you don't usually see these carts and perhaps less so pictures of the guts.  Also a really really weird curiosity is that white sticker.  It's Japanese, and says: Bomber Powerful 2 - Control B - Sankyo, Co Ltd.   Go figure?  I figured @Ankos and @fcgamer would appreciate this as much.

findsaprl1-6-202.thumb.jpg.5ba1a85f9e8cb9bc7850bf078ad5cfa0.jpg

sintax-mslug-front.jpg

sintax-mslug-rear.jpg

sintax-mslug-sticker.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I got a couple packages in the mail yesterday: 1 from Japan, the other from VGP; the Saturn odyssey continues!

_rvVeksXQ2OVIqwGR48QPw.jpg.bee2ef0822bc26368dbe3d29868efe42.jpg

Crisis Wing finally released and showed up, my wife and I thought Let's Play Curling looked like a riot (and helping support the Japanese and Canadian curling associations is the right thing to do 😉 ) and there is a $10 off promo right now on VGP, I had no idea Ishin! had already come out, but VGP had a SEGA sale going on, so all Sega titles were like $30 off! Resident Evil 4 remake is amazing and a game I've been eagerly awaiting for some time now.

S4ChfrACRbuQ7p8hZ0ZCOg.jpg.26db710fa0f34de683eaf5aebb2d4965.jpg

As for the things from Japan, I recently found out about this Hudson Shooting Collection for SFC and managed to find a minty complete copy for about 4000 yen, and the same ended up happening for this special edition of Game Tengoku! Since my wife found a VCR recently, I'm looking forward to having a laugh at the VHS it comes packed with.

t9Q2J1x0Sieh-hoyA0cYYA.jpg.c2fa48360f336a73a46cf0e2f9d1e921.jpg

Then, more Parodius love, Twinbee deluxe pack, and Assault Suit Leynos 2 which I'm looking forward to as a fan of the original and Cybernator.

pifsIJ_gTd2DvTf59f129w.jpg.ef45520abb0c17dc7003e00a6b070cc4.jpg

These were the two games that are particularly special to me. It took a long time for me to find a mint and fully complete Rockman 8, so I am OVER THE MOON to have gotten this. I've had the North American copies on Saturn and Playstation for years, but I love this game and really wanted to get the Japanese version.

*Quick aside: While most tend to have MM2 or 3 at the top of their Mega Man list, for me it's 8, 11, then Rockman & Forte.*

Then there's the D&D pack. I've been trying to find the RAM pack version for ages, and then about a week ago, this copy came up; it may be difficult to tell because I've left the wrap job on, but there's no box damage whatsoever and it's fully complete. My wife and I are really excited to play these D&D games this weekend 🙂

D7Tg7_1GTlSb0ZsXx7-PFw.thumb.png.ee83185db527810b02bc4668722204ee.png

Last - but certainly not least - are two Boku no Natsuyasumi advertising posters I found. Being the fan of BnN that I am, I was watching a video about the series about a week and a half ago and it got me thinking about the PS1 and PS2 versions of the games (I have the PSP re-releases) and so I started digging about online. Before long, I came across auctions for these. I was able to win each for 1700 yen, and I can't wait to frame these and put them up!

And that's it for now! Thanks for looking and I hope you all find cool stuff you're into 😉

• Like 8
  • Wow! 1
  • Love 1